Peridot lowered the level of an item

Hello there.

I have two characters, one level 99 with highest floor 211
My second char (hireling) is on level 83 and has reached floor 59.

The hireling used peridot on a Vengeance Of Strength, which was at level 80-something,
and had a light blue frame (btw., what does the light-blue frame mean).

After using peridot on the item, the level dropped to level 59 and now the item has the red legend frame.

Is this the correct behavior of peridot?

Regards,
Kobbi (a newbie to this game)

[quote=“Kobbi”]Hello there.

I have two characters, one level 99 with highest floor 211
My second char (hireling) is on level 83 and has reached floor 59.

The hireling used peridot on a Vengeance Of Strength, which was at level 80-something,
and had a light blue frame (btw., what does the light-blue frame mean).

After using peridot on the item, the level dropped to level 59 and now the item has the red legend frame.

Is this the correct behavior of peridot?

Regards,
Kobbi (a newbie to this game)[/quote]

That is usually the case when you accessed the equipment of your hireling…

When you(your map 59 hireling) used a peridot on a high level gear, if the highest map the hireling achieved is lower than the original level of the gear, the level dropped to the current map level which is 59.

To avoid this situation, use your highest map achieved char to Peridot your gears instead…

Next is the Light blue framed item…

When a Legend(red frame) gear drops, it has a small chance to turn into a “Crystal Legend”…

Crystal Legend(Light blue or cyan) gears have a special “Crystal affix” that has atleast 3 times the value of a Epic affix.

I experienced the same problem using peridot, but with gear on my main.

The talisman (or whatever it’s called) on the right was level 30 or 32, and my main character was 40 and had progressed through level 39 at that point. When I used the peridot, it didn’t increase the level by 1-39, it reduced it to level 20.

If your intent is to randomize the level from 1 to highest completed, the description of peridot is totally misleading. If it’s intended to do what it says, then it’s just not working properly.

Thinking about it though, I was grouped with a lower character who had only been through lvl 20, so that may have influenced the error despite using the peridot with my main.