PvP - Build Help - Damage Reduction Build? (will this work)

I have a question Mr. Golem, what is the purpose of “4 extra attack” in PvP? For example, you put it on your OH (bomb) and what does it look like? What’s the effect? Does it multiply the vault skills? Just curious

1 Like

I ain’t Mr. Golem but

Extra attack is the chance to cast a extra attack that deals 100% damage of your primary MH. It is similar to multi attack except it doesn’t proc every attack (has a small chance) and deals full damage instead of half. It only affects the primary MH skill I think and it probably does not work on OH skills so it won’t be multiplying/double casting vault or any other skill. It works like: If you use comet there is a small chance to cast comet again that deals 100% damage and ignores wind-up animation/casting animation - basically you won’t stop in place when the extra attack is casted.

I’m not sure though I don’t use it on building because the chances of it to work is small and is wasting space for better affixes. The only thing I am really not sure about is if it affects skills that shoots projectiles/spawns stuff like bolts from SkullShield/Skulldraga, LayTrap/Sentry, and Toss/Scalp.

2 Likes

It shows up in the DPS calculation but the estimated increase shown in it is not exactly what you will get because it can cast at random. You will probably miss most of the time or when it procs the enemies will be dead/your character would have been dead so there will be no targets that is why I don’t use it.

1 Like

I think it works in MH (mainhand) ain’t sure if it works on it’s secondary skills like the scattershot of flintlock but in OH isn’t.

1 Like

It only works on Auto Attack I think. Also its bad for PvP I just tested it, most guys camp, move too fast which is impossible to hit, and immunes it or prevent damage.

1 Like

Yes, using 4 extra attack at your MH in PvP is not a good idea that it has a small chance to gives you a proc for 4 extra attack itself.

Lol it’s Mr Golem these days :grin:

1 Like

YOU ARE ALL WRONG!!! :angry:

ok, you actually got some of it right. :smiling_imp:

the +4 Extra Attack Chance is from the Zenith Myth Stone. it only takes up one space. unless you have an Eternal Item with an Epic +4 EAC. otherwise, you need 2 Epics to get the +4. they can only be rolled on MH & OH. the only non weapon Items with them are the Living Force Ring & Necklace. they only affect the MH Primary Skill, like Comet on Staff. if using Discordance Mythic, it works on the MH Special Skill instead, like Meteor on Staff. some Skills, it just increases the damage. other skills, you will see the extra attacks. Rogue Boomerang would only get extra damage, Wizard Comet would show multiple Comets. each of the EAC have a 50% chance after each Comet, +1- 50%, +2-25%, +3-12.5%, +4-6.25%. although it’s 50% chance for each, these are the % to get that many extra attacks for each attack. each of these attacks do 100% of the Skills damage. also, even though it’s a % chance, the DPS just averages out the damage based on the percentages shown.

when in Battle Arena, the +4 becomes +2, and that means more damage/DPS, but only if you are using your Primary Skill for most attacks, Special Skill when using Discordance Mythic.

if you have a high Attack Speed, then the extra EAC is worth it. using it with a +2 Multi Attack is even better. think about it. if your Comet is at 2 attacks a second, then you are getting 1 EAC a second and a 2nd EAC every other second, on average, for example.

if you’ve seen a Rogue or Wizard Camper pumping out a wall of Comets, Barrage, or Ricochet, then you know how powerful EAC & MA are on a Build that is Crafted using them. even Builds that move around a lot and use EAC & MA can be a problem… or you could be the Player whose Character is a Problem for other Players Characters!

3 Likes

What golem said is exactly right, certain skills benefit from extra/multi attack in different ways… as he mentioned Boomberang but also Charge works too, even Charge from Battle Mage.
I’m almost certain I’ve mentioned this before for arena, the Legend affix of Multi attack is +2 in PvE, and also +2 in PvP. Similarly, Extra Attack from the Zenith mythstone is +4 in PvE, but +2 in PvP (the cap)

For the skills that benefit differently from Extra/Multi attack, I.E. Boomberang and Charge (some others, but not as well as these)
Thats x1.75 damage for each affix, totalling ~x3 damage

This is why my full tank Bunny Rogue hits so hard vs 0 Armour - gonna rebuild her soon, gl :wink:

Edit: just to repeat myself from before, Armour mean jack-all (nothing) vs +5000 Elemental dmg

2 Likes

I’d rather use a 2 MA in PvP or maybe 4 just to see the effect of it just like in the normal :joy:

Im probably doing bad tha in PvP that is why i can’t use it well haha :sweat_smile:

How about the orb skill Mr. Golem? Does it works with 4 extra attack chance?

I have a question again :joy: I have an enemy in PvP whereas he swap me in a very long range. How does it possible and what skills did he use?

1 Like

It might be the mirror item from the rogue? unless its not rogue, wait for Mr. Golem becuase i do not know

1 Like

EAC only works with Orb Skill if you are using Discordance Mythic. EAC & Multi Attack only affect MH Primary Skills, or MH Special Skills when using Discordance.

darn, playing 2 other games, reading DQ Forums, and looking at Skills in DQ game… I only have 4 eyes! :nerd_face:

Rogue Mirror Primary Skill is Swap. it has a range of 20 yards (from an old Post). I’ve used it (in PVE), and it has a good range. add some Cool Down, and you can Swap pretty fast. I might have to test it in PVP Test Arena, looks like it might be a good way to keep an enemy from attacking too often, maybe. it also has a 1 second CD, so +60% Cool Down gives it a 0.4 second CD. if that’s faster than an enemies Attack Speed or Cool Down, they might not be able to attack back very often.

3 Likes