PvP Questions Thread

No matter what I try I just cannot seem to overcome death by Cerebral Vortex. Everyone kills me with it, I tried Block Crystal affix with ~60% reduced dmg and hp Leech Mythstones, and even have CV myself. But I still die. I’m weary of increasing my HP because honestly I don’t know how much I’d need in order to not be destroyed by CV. I need whatever the anti-CV cure is lol. I have ricochet build which I know isn’t helping the matter

Try to add some blinkstrike proc on your gear or use enigma myth on OH . This will help you away from torrents

Thanks Silent, I’m improving bit by bit :smile:

I have a question regarding Alchemy, just to make sure I’m understanding it correctly. It says…

“Losing HP / MP reduces whichever is highest. Gaining HP / MP restores whichever is lowest. % Dmg dealt is equal to half of your lowest current HP / MP %, while % Dmg taken is equal to your highest current HP / MP %.”

So can anyone let me know if any of the following statements are incorrect as I’m thinking about this?..

• Losing HP/MP via skills or via being hit reduces whichever is HIGHEST
    –> (Highest % or Highest Numerical Value?)

• Gaining HP/MP via regen affixes restores whichever pool is lowest
    –> (Again I’m wondering if it’s % based or numerical value based…)

-This is the big one I’m curious about… “% Dmg dealt = half your lowest hp/mp %”…
–> First, does this mean + Dmg % dealt, or it’s actually taking all of your dmg and multiplying it by % of lowest pool %? … So if I cast Torrent, and it normally hits for 10,000 dmg, and my mana is lowest at 90%, then will the formula be (10,000 * 1.45) (added dmg) or (10,000 * 0.45) (reduced overall dmg?)?

-“Dmg taken = your highest HP / MP %”
–> Similar question, if a torrent would normally hit me for 10,000 dmg, and I have 90% mana as my highest stat, would it now hit me for (10,000 * 1.90) (dmg is increased by 90%) or (10,000 * 0.90) (so dmg is reduced by 10%…)?

If you have trouble killing peaople with torrents, use scalp special skill + lance/battlemage for charge skill to help with movement. Keep spamming scalp and you will beat anyone with that skill, but it’s slow (but good) way of killing people in pvp. I

About alchemy:
Losing HP/MP via skills or via being hit reduces whichever is HIGHEST --> Highest Numerical Value, the same for reagining hp/mp.

Dmg you deal is boosted by maximum of 50%, never reduced.
Dmg you take is reduced by maximum of (in theory) 100%, never increased. But about damage reduction it seems the values are different for reducing damage. It felt like the reduction never get close to even 80% damage reduction not to mention 100%. But the mythic can be really strong, if not glitched while it currently not working as good as it should.

1 Like

As stated in the description, losing and gaining HP/MP goes by value. (There is a bug with HP heals bypassing this that will be fixed)

Things that run on % says so.

1 Like

Thanks guys, cleared up :smile:

Regarding Heroic Points, Strength, Dexterity, Fortune and Integrity all transfer over to PvP, correct?

If so, are those attributes reduced in any way? So if all 4 of them have 20 points in each, will I get the full stat bonuses in PvP?

No.they don’t transfer over to pvp.