Remove Skyfall Affix

I don’t have a problem with this map affix in terms of balance, however, it’s sheer annoyance is beyond measure. First of all you randomly get stunned throughout the map from the skyfall shower which is incredibly annoying and does not feel fun in any way. And secondly, and quite a bit more importantly, it lags my phone like no tomorrow. If the affix was left exactly the same but graphically updated to be less intense I wouldn’t mind it. As of right now, I immediately sell maps that have skyfall affix and buy a new one.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4 and should have no problem running this game…

If you lagg with skyfall which proc rarely, pvp will be unplayable on your device with summoners (11 minions + random spells) or a meteor proc build :dieter:

Muahahahaha, you just confirmed my OP build is OP. TYVM

Hu… No? :confused:
I just confirmed your device will melt in arena against some players :dieter:

like mine skyfaller build.? lol… IF only mirror image have no problem with comet. i will use that image proc to summon meteor shower. lol

There is something wrong with your device (aside from touchwiz). I have played a lot with a GS4 with no problems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

lol at confusing your phone’s lag issues on saying your build is OP. :laughing:

lol at confusing your phone’s lag issues on saying your build is OP. :laughing:[/quote]

And I still don’t get what he’s talking about, he’s talking about skyfall (which is a map affix) and he’s also confirming that’s about the map affix
And he’s talking about meteor by calling them skyfall

:confused: :question:

LOL! I was just joking around :smile: I do think skyfall should be removed, but I was kidding around about my build being op. Except that my build is two maelstrom wizards. So maybe skyfall adds enough to finally make my phone tap out.

Also, good luck to anyones phone trying to PVP against my build :smile:

[quote=“lunix57”]LOL! I was just joking around :smile: I do think skyfall should be removed, but I was kidding around about my build being op. Except that my build is two maelstrom wizards. So maybe skyfall adds enough to finally make my phone tap out.

Also, good luck to anyones phone trying to PVP against my build :smile:[/quote]

If you’re using a lot of procs, like storms, twister, torrents etc, it’s obviously from that, not from skyfall :laughing: :dieter:

I’m against removing the affix. I do advocate for the nerfing (and I mean a pretty huge nerf) of the following affixes:

Map

1. Skyfall – Deals way too much DMG per comet. Heck, it kills my hireling with 40k hp (granted ~48% dmg reduction) in two shots. A bit overpowered in comparison. Of course, this one is avoidable…

2. TNT Props – I’m fine with the DMG actually. Instead, I would like to see a smaller explosion radius – you did know that if you destroy the props far enough away, they don’t affect you, right? Unfortunately, their radius is only a slight fraction smaller than the chakram (boomerang) range, so it’s kinda hard to avoid…

Enemy

1. Haunting
  2. Bewildering
  3. Freezing
  4. Explosive – All 4 of these for some reason deal stupid god-like DMG. I’m talking TNT props-type DMG. It’s just plain annoying as these orbs (I’m thankful we have the red indicator orbs now though) are nearly impossible to dodge with anything except a very long-ranged weapon. And no, chakrams are not long enough. Therefore, I would like to see a pretty steep drop in their DMG as they’re annoying, extremely difficult to dodge, and outright overpowered in respects to other enemy affixes. Like I said, the red indicators have helped (a lot) in avoiding them, but its just not enough – I can never get in a good position to snipe as there is always 3 of them and my chakram doesn’t extend far enough. Btw, how do warriors deal with this – they have no way of avoiding the explosions…

One last thing, maybe my suggestion means the other enemy affixes and some of the map affixes need a buff, I’m not sure. What I’m stating is that a few affixes are absurdly overpowered in comparison to the other affixes.

1 Like

[quote=“Ircher”]I’m against removing the affix. I do advocate for the nerfing (and I mean a pretty huge nerf) of the following affixes:

Map

1. Skyfall – Deals way too much DMG per comet. Heck, it kills my hireling with 40k hp (granted ~48% dmg reduction) in two shots. A bit overpowered in comparison. Of course, this one is avoidable…

2. TNT Props – I’m fine with the DMG actually. Instead, I would like to see a smaller explosion radius – you did know that if you destroy the props far enough away, they don’t affect you, right? Unfortunately, their radius is only a slight fraction smaller than the chakram (boomerang) range, so it’s kinda hard to avoid…

Enemy

1. Haunting
  2. Bewildering
  3. Freezing
  4. Explosive – All 4 of these for some reason deal stupid god-like DMG. I’m talking TNT props-type DMG. It’s just plain annoying as these orbs (I’m thankful we have the red indicator orbs now though) are nearly impossible to dodge with anything except a very long-ranged weapon. And no, chakrams are not long enough. Therefore, I would like to see a pretty steep drop in their DMG as they’re annoying, extremely difficult to dodge, and outright overpowered in respects to other enemy affixes. Like I said, the red indicators have helped (a lot) in avoiding them, but its just not enough – I can never get in a good position to snipe as there is always 3 of them and my chakram doesn’t extend far enough. Btw, how do warriors deal with this – they have no way of avoiding the explosions…

One last thing, maybe my suggestion means the other enemy affixes and some of the map affixes need a buff, I’m not sure. What I’m stating is that a few affixes are absurdly overpowered in comparison to the other affixes.[/quote]

You mean “meteor” not “comet” ? :dieter:
Well you didn’t precise your floor, if you’re at floor 2000 it’s normal to be OS, if you’re only at floor 201, it would be lame, but anyway 40kHP ain’t that much, you can be touched by skyfall without dying but you need a real tanky stuff :dieter:

Agree on tnt props, but I think a dot on the map would be better :dieter:

[quote=“Diieter”][quote=“Ircher”]I’m against removing the affix. I do advocate for the nerfing (and I mean a pretty huge nerf) of the following affixes:

Map

Enemy

1. Haunting
  2. Bewildering
  3. Freezing

One last thing, maybe my suggestion means the other enemy affixes and some of the map affixes need a buff, I’m not sure. What I’m stating is that a few affixes are absurdly overpowered in comparison to the other affixes.[/quote]

Well you didn’t precise your floor, if you’re at floor 2000 it’s normal to be OS, if you’re only at floor 201, it would be lame, but anyway 40kHP ain’t that much, you can be touched by skyfall without dying but you need a real tanky stuff :dieter:

Agree on tnt props, but I think a dot on the map would be better :dieter:[/quote]

40k hp.? my wizard have 300k hp. lol on floor 400+ skyfall hit me. damage around 2-5k only… thanks to plagued and blood magic. soon i will get hit harder when plagued no more buff some armor. sob.

EDIT: sorry wrong quote… it for Ircher

[quote=“Diieter”][quote=“Ircher”]I’m against removing the affix. I do advocate for the nerfing (and I mean a pretty huge nerf) of the following affixes:

Map

Enemy

1. Haunting
  2. Bewildering
  3. Freezing

Agree on tnt props, but I think a dot on the map would be better :dieter:[/quote]
Floor 250+ on ep 3 (normal).

[quote=“Ircher”]
Floor 250+ on ep 3 (normal).[/quote]

Well it’s because your character isn’t built well
I’m using a pvp build which has few damage but 750kHP and I can’t die from skyfall or tnt props at floor 808 Mythics 3 :dieter:

[quote=“Diieter”][quote=“Ircher”]

I’m using a pvp build which has few damage but 750kHP and I can’t die from skyfall or tnt props at floor 808 Mythics 3 :dieter:[/quote]

omg. how u get those epic hp.? 750k.? blood vine vampiric touch stacked.?

[quote=“cronos1234”][quote=“Diieter”][quote=“Ircher”]

I’m using a pvp build which has few damage but 750kHP and I can’t die from skyfall or tnt props at floor 808 Mythics 3 :dieter:[/quote]

omg. how u get those epic hp.? 750k.? blood vine vampiric touch stacked.?[/quote]
My guess is Blood Magic and Vampiric Touch. It’s also prob. a warrior.

[quote=“Ircher”]
My guess is Blood Magic, Plagued, and Vampiric Touch. It’s also prob. a warrior.[/quote][/quote][/quote]
just 3 of them stacked are not enough… probably with extra 100% max mp [crystal affix] and cosmic power. put all point in mp… and Hp easily reach 400k. btw plagued boost AR not HP if im correct.

[quote=“cronos1234”][quote=“Ircher”]
My guess is Blood Magic, [size=2]Plagued[/size] and Vampiric Touch. It’s also prob. a warrior.[/quote]
just 3 of them stacked are not enough… probably with extra 100% max mp [crystal affix] and cosmic power. put all point in mp… and Hp easily reach 400k. btw plagued boost AR not HP if im correct.[/quote]
Yes, it does [size=5]currently[/size].

[quote=“Ircher”][quote=“cronos1234”][quote=“Ircher”]
My guess is Blood Magic, [size=2]Plagued[/size] and Vampiric Touch. It’s also prob. a warrior.[/quote]
just 3 of them stacked are not enough… probably with extra 100% max mp [crystal affix] and cosmic power. put all point in mp… and Hp easily reach 400k. btw plagued boost AR not HP if im correct.[/quote]
Yes, it does [size=5]currently[/size].[/quote]
what do u mean currently.?
and how it does in 1.9.?