Shadows set

I found this and wanted to try it out, but I have a dilemma with how I want it to work.

I will Jasper to Warrior, and use Amber to change the special to Scalp, but this will remove the Stealth skill.

Is there another way to achieve my goal?

It looks like Shadows could be a powerful set along with Plagued, but I think I’m asking the impossible in wanting it to work with Scalp. Can this set activate another way?

@Golem ?

3 Likes

I don’t really have that much knowledge on dq but looking at this maybe it doesn’t really work since it needs to activate on stealth unless( is there even a stealth proc? I guess yeah so maybe with stealth proc then it should work) correct me if I’m wrong…

But then again it says it can also (activate) when there’s poison dot then gives a chance to detonate

My head hurts💀

2 Likes

It’s a longshot, but I’m hoping there is a loophole of sorts where I can activate the set without having Stealth skill on my weapon.

Ummm, you can trigger it without stealth. Theres two sentences in the description. So the second sentence states, "Apply pois has a chance to detonate… etc. " So yeah, can use scalp on that OH. Good find btw.

Its just that you will not enjoy the “poison stealth cloud” mode. HAHAHAH

1 Like

I don’t always trust the description as it’s written, but my old and slow brain now sees two separate sentences.

Thank you for pointing that out.

1 Like

Update: it works!

Here’s my crafted weapon, although I will probably make some changes.

3 Likes

Youll see many poinson explosions partneeed with bleed! Thats alot of dmg considering that its for your warrior baby! Keep going.

I rested on pvp, im happy sitting on 1600. Gonna plow the floors of 1k and above.

1 Like

The Shadows set works well, especially with taunted enemies.

Hit 33B damage on floor 1352. Cleared with ease!

1 Like

I actually have the full eternal shadow set i think for rouge… is it any good? Anything that goes well with it?

I have 1 more rouge char my first rouge char consists of all procs chakram now I’m thinking on what to do with the other one…

1 Like

I am using Shadows for the first time today. Positive results with Plagued, a considerable amount of poison damage, some elemental crit and Blight, and taunt to draw enemies into the Shadows set detonation.

I only have a couple hours of experience with it, so that’s all I can responsibly offer.

1 Like

That’s great! How’s the detonate damage?

1 Like

Not sure, but it works well with pack size maps. Seems similar to Explosive affix, but with poison and a much higher chance of detonation at 25% … Shadows (5).

I am hoping @Golem has some of his encyclopedia knowledge to share.

1 Like

If ur going to do pack size maps i guess “frozen” is better am i right?

1. just to make sure, you were able to activate it with Scalp? it that’s ok with the Dev’s, then awesome! if not, it’s a bug that will get fixed someday… now I really want to try some ideas out!

2. Poison DoT lasts 8 seconds, 16 with the Inferno Set Bonus (I think). each second of Poison DoT has a 25% chance of :boom: causing +100% damage for each second of DoT left. depending on how you read it, +800% of the 8th second DoT’s damage for the explosion and -100 for each second, or +700% of the 8th seconds DoT’s damage for the explosion and no explosion in the last second as there are no more seconds left.

I did a test once when Shadow’s came out and froze my screen, and I just now wondered if the Shadow Poison DoT Explosions have a 25% chance to cause another Poison DoT Explosion… especially if it works like the Legend Explosion… might be one explanation for the screen freeze.

2 Likes

Poison DoT explosion chains lmao that’s so good on pack size maps!

Shadows set is active and working exceptionally well with Scalp, but not the AOE on Stealth portion.

Regardless, I will be using this OH weapon often.

2 Likes

are you getting the chance for Poison DoT explosions on any enemy Poisoned then?

2 Likes

Yes sir! It will also show a written “detonate” in teal, just like it does for crushed and weakened, for example.

3 Likes

Wow! :heart_eyes_cat: :star_struck:

that’s pretty cool!

2 Likes

Damnnn nicee

1 Like