Skill/Spell procs cap

Hello! Anyone could confirm skill/spell procs % capped at?
Thanks

No cap on procs, it can go up to 100%

That’s the point, what if I go pass 100%? Useless?

Not sure, but I think it would be useless that way.

Think of procs as multipliers, you can go higher than 100% :unamused:

Procs are %/sec not %/attack. If you have 100%/sec, you get 1 proc per second. With 200%/sec, you get 2 procs per second.

I love procs in this game because of this. XD

On the contrary, Steiger said each time you cast a skill and lose MP, you’ll have X% to cast proc. So I think it’d be useless if you have more than 100% proc.

That was probably before the 1.6.0 change to procs as my answers are what Steiger recently stated in line chat. Here is exempt from changelog:
Procs changed to “chance to cast skill per second” which makes it so both slow and fast weapons have similar proc rates. The formula for this is (Proc Chance / attacks per second ) and any skill with a cooldown assumes attacks per second is 1 for this formula.

The difference is that 100%/second does not always mean that you will get 100%/attack unless the attack has a cooldown or you have very low attack speed.

For example, Rogues can do 10 attacks per second with Flintlock; at 100% proc/sec, each attack only has 10% chance. On the other hand, Vault has a 1s cooldown; at 100% proc/sec, each Vault will have a 100% proc.

Edit: Do note that there are different procs in this game. Trickster for example is % per cast not % per second.

Let me try to clear this up :smile:

This is correct:

[quote=“SteigerBox”]Let me try to clear this up :smile:

This is correct:

And so is this one :

Procs as multipliers : 100% = x1, 200% = x2, etc :unamused:

And Blinkstrike stated “chance to cast blink strike on attack per second”
Does that mean having 100% proc with full attack speed is better than having 200% procs with low attack speed?

[quote=“zilvia”]And Blinkstrike stated “chance to cast blink strike on attack per second”
Does that mean having 100% proc with full attack speed is better than having 200% procs with low attack speed?[/quote]

If your attack/sec<2 in the second case then yes. If >2, then no.

[quote=“Unities”][quote=“zilvia”]And Blinkstrike stated “chance to cast blink strike on attack per second”
Does that mean having 100% proc with full attack speed is better than having 200% procs with low attack speed?[/quote]

If your attack/sec<2 in the second case then yes. If >2, then no.[/quote]
I’m using quick attack at 60% attack speed with 4 multi attack & 2 extra attack, so they count?

[quote=“zilvia”]
I’m using quick attack at 60% attack speed with 4 multi attack & 2 extra attack, so they count?[/quote]

Again, none of that matters. If your attack/sec<2 in the second case then yes. If >2, then no.

Also multi attacks and extra attacks do not affect procs.

[quote=“Unities”][quote=“zilvia”]
I’m using quick attack at 60% attack speed with 4 multi attack & 2 extra attack, so they count?[/quote]

Again, none of that matters. If your attack/sec<2 in the second case then yes. If >2, then no.

Also multi attacks and extra attacks do not affect procs.[/quote]
Alright thanks, BTW do multi attack and extra attack needed for my rogue (I’m on ninja set with blink strike proc build)

This is not the place to ask for build help. I do not want to derail the topic.

Take it easy man, I’m sorry.
I’m a newbie, sometimes I made mistake.