Sky fall maps rock

They give lots of nice legend finds etc. Sometimes even better than legend and eternal maps but they have the getting squashed factor to deal with. Max dodge and block are essential when farming sky fall. Top beginners tip is locate the cartographer at once. Run towards him like a maniac and kill as quick as possible. This usually stops the meteorite shower. Then finish the map at a calmer pace

2 Likes

I always had a sneaky suspicion that sky fall was a deterrent to be overcome because of crafty game makers giving the player a gift with barbed wire and inviting them to accept the challenge.

2 Likes

Not recommended for very high floors :wink:

the only downside to Sky Fall Maps is, if you get killed again before you finish the map after killing the Cartographer, the Sky starts Falling again. and doesn’t stop even when you kill all the other monsters. tough map all around.

3 Likes

Sometimes sky fall starts again if you spawn a rare monster from a shrine I believe

haven’t had that happen, but then, I don’t do Sky Fall Maps that often, only when I feel like a bit of danger. a 1 hit death from a monster is tough enough, but with SFM’s all over the place, it is like two to five times the monsters you have to deal with, and the Meteors from the sky are like Zombie monsters, you can’t kill them, but them might kill you! :ghost: + :crossed_swords: = :skull_and_crossbones:

Sky fall maps are hard to analyse and understand. You cannot learn their secrets when dead. I create hypothesis but have no way of confirming them or ruling them out because I’m dead. Frustrating :smile:

2 Likes

run fast, dodge & block a lot, kill the Cartographer, and then stay alive until you are done with the map. :wink: :comet:x5k

2 Likes

Oh and have plenty of luck stats etc

the skyfall will disappear if you killed Cartho. skyfall will comeback if monsters killed you. so be careful. @dickwad was right. skyfall maps has chance to give rare items. legends/eternals. but i usually go to packsize maps. for farming. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Oh, I haven’t noticed this rare item drops on skyfall maps, i better find out meself :hugs: . Skyfall maps are frustrating :weary: especially when paired with high pack size affix along with gangs of furries :comet: :comet: :comet: :scream: . I guess running is the best way to avoid them and stay alive, so i stick with high MS :sunglasses:

1 Like

hmm, I guess that when I make a better Farm Build, I need to take Sky Fall Maps into consideration. in a way it makes sense, Sky Fall Maps are hard to deal with, even if you prepare for them, so better loot for doing those maps sounds nice.

Throw in potion nerf and thorns and you’re set.

2 Likes

:cry::sob:

so what im getting is that skyfall maps are not just to be upset about because they give good rewards

1 Like

as long as you are prepared for them. if not, you die a lot and end up spending more gold to revive than any loot you might find to make up for it, and might even have to leave the map and go to a Normal (Campaign) map to get more loot again.

1 Like

Skyfall maps can be great at lower levels. Let them rain on you, and watch your gold indicator soar, and items fall like crazy.
There comes a point, at higher levels, depending on your ability to withstand the skyfall, where you have to avoid them altogether, like Golem says.

I use Larimar until I get Pack Size, Skyfall, and or Rare Enemies, and Magic Enemies.
I prioritize Pack Size, using Diamond until it’s at least 130%, and hopefully I can get that in combination with Skyfall, and 400% Rare Enemies.

Floors 180-199 work great. I have nearly 9 billion gold at the moment, and am 2nd on the leaderboards in Legends found. This is not by farming high floors, no, quite the opposite!

1 Like

Cool!!! :icecream: :ice_cream: :snowflake: although this makes me want to farm Skyfall maps like crazy, I need to think about making Golems Ultimate Skyfall Surviving Farm Build first.

1 Like

ok so gems work on maps good to note and i have only scratched floor 110 and im sitting at 1.5 billion gold

1 Like

yea cant wait to see the build <3 gl