(Suggestion) Market

We are looking for a way to engage users in social/interactive ways. Multiplayer is a gigantic undertaking for us that we cannot reasonably promise to our users right now. The possibility of a friend list and in that player trading sounds good to us and will help us get some user interaction in the game.

. /rant Personally I have played Diablo (the series) for the last 17+ years and I have to admit that I miss the ability to trade items with my friends. I can understand all the reasons they must restrict these types of actions to preserve the game integrity, I hope we can find a way to make it viable in ours /end rant

[quote=“tdaniel”]We are looking for a way to engage users in social/interactive ways. Multiplayer is a gigantic undertaking for us that we cannot reasonably promise to our users right now. The possibility of a friend list and in that player trading sounds good to us and will help us get some user interaction in the game.

. /rant Personally I have played Diablo (the series) for the last 17+ years and I have to admit that I miss the ability to trade items with my friends. I can understand all the reasons they must restrict these types of actions to preserve the game integrity, I hope we can find a way to make it viable in ours /end rant[/quote]

Yeah, i remember how duplicating worked in d2 as well;)

[quote=“dancemusiconly”][quote=“tdaniel”]We are looking for a way to engage users in social/interactive ways. Multiplayer is a gigantic undertaking for us that we cannot reasonably promise to our users right now. The possibility of a friend list and in that player trading sounds good to us and will help us get some user interaction in the game.

. /rant Personally I have played Diablo (the series) for the last 17+ years and I have to admit that I miss the ability to trade items with my friends. I can understand all the reasons they must restrict these types of actions to preserve the game integrity, I hope we can find a way to make it viable in ours /end rant[/quote]

Yeah, i remember how duplicating worked in d2 as well;)[/quote]

Same here, which there’s just no way to avoid in a game that’s mostly offline ( though to me, bnet was the best ).

Our goal with social/trading would be to grow our community, make it feel like a game where you can interact with one another ( even if you can’t directly play co-op ). We’ll do some things to hinder cheaters/hackers, but there’s no way we’ll ever stop it from happening 100%. Point is that whatever percentage of people who do cheat won’t stop us from attempting to create social/online features for DQ.

[quote=“dancemusiconly”]No. Never. Ever. Ever.

Please dont turn DQ into D3 - the auction has ruined that game just because people could not get BiS items through playing and had to spend time on the auction instead of playing. And they have closed the auction in D3 now - and that was a good decision.[/quote]

I disagree… I made my living for a while with d3 auction house, helped buy groceries for my family… :confused:

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

[quote=“Shrowder”][quote=“dancemusiconly”]No. Never. Ever. Ever.

Please dont turn DQ into D3 - the auction has ruined that game just because people could not get BiS items through playing and had to spend time on the auction instead of playing. And they have closed the auction in D3 now - and that was a good decision.[/quote]

I disagree… I made my living for a while with d3 auction house, helped buy groceries for my family… :confused:

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk[/quote]

D3 auction was lame cause you could buy with real money
Now it’ll be a trading system, that’s nothing like an auction house

I like that market :sunglasses::sunglasses: to save the item instead selling and stacking to bag