Suggestions in improving build

So basically for the past 6-8 days or so i have been farming like a madman. But still somehow I still have a hard time on floors 300+ EP8 (though I did try getting to 300+ in EP1 and somehow I was so lucky that I got a legendary ring and guess what it was a Cataclysm on my first try) and also Nadroji Amulet I got yesterday afternoon aswell, was quite a lucky day yesterday. Back to my build though, I do have 650k+ DPS but i’m quite squishy and it’s quite depressing that I just get one hit even at floor 150+ EP8. Would love to have an open suggestion towards my equips and making it better overall?

[attachment=0]Equip.jpg[/attachment]

i will post here my item build…
hope you will refer it as a guide…

just wait…

Your a wizard so you will always be squishy at ep8 on the later floors… That’s what teleport is for… Just tp around and shoot away. The only way to prevent one hit would be stacking defensively and that would just kill your damage output… Your gear looks great through!

I am a lvl 99 warrior and i am squishy at floor 250 on EP8…what am I doing wrong?!

We would need to see some gear to figure that out buddy…

ill gather my screenies then…

[quote=“Bluntzilla”]Your a wizard so you will always be squishy at ep8 on the later floors… That’s what teleport is for… Just tp around and shoot away. The only way to prevent one hit would be stacking defensively and that would just kill your damage output… Your gear looks great through![/quote] In what way could I change my build in the future (maybe even putting crystals and higher level mythical stones) I plan to change druidic armor into plagued using a amethyst just to up my armor to somewhat relevant value and still retain my damage, but in your opinion is plagued more viable than druidic since i don’t really need that much regen but rather need more defense to actually get rid of being one hit and atleast have a higher total reduction armor in later floors.

Plagued is better than Druidic anyday imo

since plague means armor = hp, plagued somehow seems useless for wizard unless you use blood mage in ur gear too.
I’m using it right now, floor 330s EP8 still dying but at least tankier than my warrior

instead of spending high level crystal, try to use a low level crystal to improve your gear (I use mostly Saphire, Fluorite and Citrine).

I wanna share my temporary build here.

Build Name : Prismatic Plaguebearer

Mainhand : Plagued Wand
Offhand : Blood Mage Skull
Chest : Ascendent w/ Sorcery Talent
Hat : Cosmic Power w/ Magnify Talent
Ring : Nadroji w/ Astral Talent
Amulet : Nadroji w/ Fester Talent

Explanations:
Mainhand : Plagued is used to boost your armor and also for its Storm Proc
Offhand : More like bread n butter with Plagued, put all your stats on MP, and you’ll have 100k on hp and armor.
Chest : Ascendent keep your all resist number high for the sake of survivability, this is also buffed up from stat bonus (1MP = 1 all resist)
Hat : Cosmic Power, why, because of total mana bonus from this set (which becomes HP, thanks to blood mage). also note that I citrine’d it, making it having a magnify talent.
Ring : why, because it’s nadroji!!! lol, Citrine it to have a desirable talent.
Amulet : Same as above

this is a very flexible build I’ve ever made so far, u can switch your robe to whatever set u want, enemy resists a lot? use druidic. wanna play hero? use battle mage. just keep in mind that Plagued, Blood Mage and Cosmic Power are very essential here.

P.S : I would like to thank everyone, especially Diieter for enlighting me on magnify talent and ascendent set details. I wanna make a build thread once my gears are fixed, and have crystal affixes on all of em. Video included. just remember the build name, Prismatic Plaguebearer.
[emoji6]

Sorry for a long post

You don’t have to be sorry. [emoji1] [emoji14]

This is a forum and as long as it’s not spamming, e.g. bun… ahm never mind…

Such post, very wow.
Nice and rough explanation of a build. This will surely help players to get a better image of a wizard build.

I’m Looking forward to your full build explanation. [emoji4]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) using Tapatalk.

DQ: CentraLity, Mage Level 99
CentraBPM, Warrior Level 99
Main Account: Remya, Rogue Level 99

@Dankster : The problem on your build is that you’re relying on too much factors/things

Wizard is kinda balanced now, for sure (except skulls and tomes which are very low but are reworking for 1.7 with a brand new gameplay and very much more powerful), I made several 1.6 builds and I think you can play with several differents builds with almost all the same power.

For that you’ve to make some choices, if you’re relying on too much gameplays you’re gonna be weak, exemples for your set :

• Druidic : Useless, since you’re not playing with massiv amount of regen
  • dodge 10% : as it’s only 10%, it’s useless, wasting a slot, also you’ve no set affix relying on dodge%, it would be nice with insight and pathfinder
  • 10% Weaken : same, it’s only 10%, so the affix is great, but if it does proc only 1/10 it’s kinda useless and you’re wasting 1 slot for nothing
  • 10% Crushing blow : same
  • Aftermath : Useless if you’re using only comets (I guess because you’ve a staff and a +4 comet affix), but spamming meteors is a viable build if you’re using aftermath and a lot of cooldown reduction (and actually this build is pretty op even more with the 1.7 feature, that could become one of the strongest build)

Your build is already nice, I doubt you would get that much problem at floor 200 and 200+ but might be a problem for later with the future features coming

PS : Indeed, Druidic set is extremly weak for now, that’s because it’s an early set (old and not modified since age), it was made before the days of easy 1m+ hits :stuck_out_tongue:

Druidic Increases HP and MP Regenby 10% per rank. Adds 75% of your Total Regen (HP and MP) to Poison’s DoT DMG, per rank.

Did you figured about getting 6 crystal affix (2000 Hp regen) ?
=> 6x2000 = 12 000 HP Regen
=> Druidic (5) = 375% of your total regen to poison’s DoT DMG
=> Total DMG : 375% of 12 000 = 45 000 DMG to Poison’s DoT DMG

THat’s why we’re gonna change Druidic to make it viable and very interesting for players later :smile:

[quote=“dankster”]So basically for the past 6-8 days or so i have been farming like a madman. But still somehow I still have a hard time on floors 300+ EP8 (though I did try getting to 300+ in EP1 and somehow I was so lucky that I got a legendary ring and guess what it was a Cataclysm on my first try) and also Nadroji Amulet I got yesterday afternoon aswell, was quite a lucky day yesterday. Back to my build though, I do have 650k+ DPS but i’m quite squishy and it’s quite depressing that I just get one hit even at floor 150+ EP8. Would love to have an open suggestion towards my equips and making it better overall?

[attachment=0]Equip.jpg[/attachment][/quote]
Did you put your Stat points into mana for the all resistance points? It switches to hp after you refresh the screen because of your blood magic. I learned that as soon as I seen that perma frost and blood magic worked great together. I never realized it switches all Mp AND all Mp effects… :smile:

[quote=“Iron”][quote=“dankster”]So basically for the past 6-8 days or so i have been farming like a madman. But still somehow I still have a hard time on floors 300+ EP8 (though I did try getting to 300+ in EP1 and somehow I was so lucky that I got a legendary ring and guess what it was a Cataclysm on my first try) and also Nadroji Amulet I got yesterday afternoon aswell, was quite a lucky day yesterday. Back to my build though, I do have 650k+ DPS but i’m quite squishy and it’s quite depressing that I just get one hit even at floor 150+ EP8. Would love to have an open suggestion towards my equips and making it better overall?

[attachment=0]Equip.jpg[/attachment][/quote]
Did you put your Stat points into mana for the all resistance points? It switches to hp after you refresh the screen because of your blood magic. I learned that as soon as I seen that perma frost and blood magic worked great together. I never realized it switches all Mp AND all Mp effects… :smile:[/quote]

+1 and +1 :wink:

@Diieter : Thanks so much for that great feedback and of course a very brief analysis regarding my build. I’m just quite confuse on how each set affixes works so i’m looking for a much more viable build wherein I can somewhat run a hybrid build and as they said defense makes a great offense. I was hoping that somehow or someone has a build out there that could negate that one hit proc in 300+ floors in EP8 as a wizard since I really love playing my wizard and as well playing it with a staff w/ orb. I am kind of in a debate in switching my robe to a cosmic power to increase my hp but at the same time afraid that I would lose the +5 All Proc (really good for my cataclysm) as well as my legend affixes on it. I do hope though that in the future there will be more options in armor sets wherein we can grab more set affixes, that way we as players have more variety in building our own build the way we want it instead of just having 4-5 set affixes in each set items. For instance, I really love using the “Living Force” set affixes but because it’s only on amulet and ring, i am kind of forced to not use that build since having a cataclysm and nadroji accessory works much better in terms of set viability and dps. Again thanks for explaining on how each affixes works and I am looking forward for the future update, which is 1.7. I certainly cannot wait for that update and have been farming hero points repeatedly on floors 141-200.

So far here is my progress in looting crystal items for the past week or so that i’ve been grinding :

[attachment=0]Looted.jpg[/attachment]

[quote=“dankster”]@Diieter : Thanks so much for that great feedback and of course a very brief analysis regarding my build. I’m just quite confuse on how each set affixes works so i’m looking for a much more viable build wherein I can somewhat run a hybrid build and as they said defense makes a great offense. I was hoping that somehow or someone has a build out there that could negate that one hit proc in 300+ floors in EP8 as a wizard since I really love playing my wizard and as well playing it with a staff w/ orb. I am kind of in a debate in switching my robe to a cosmic power to increase my hp but at the same time afraid that I would lose the +5 All Proc (really good for my cataclysm) as well as my legend affixes on it. I do hope though that in the future there will be more options in armor sets wherein we can grab more set affixes, that way we as players have more variety in building our own build the way we want it instead of just having 4-5 set affixes in each set items. For instance, I really love using the “Living Force” set affixes but because it’s only on amulet and ring, i am kind of forced to not use that build since having a cataclysm and nadroji accessory works much better in terms of set viability and dps. Again thanks for explaining on how each affixes works and I am looking forward for the future update, which is 1.7. I certainly cannot wait for that update and have been farming hero points repeatedly on floors 141-200.

So far here is my progress in looting crystal items for the past week or so that i’ve been grinding :

[attachment=0]Looted.jpg[/attachment][/quote]

Nice stuff over there, just have to edit them and they’re viables

Keep the gauntlet it’s proc’ing twister, then you’ve to :

• Keep the 2 first affixes (+2 extra chances and the crystal affix)
  • Delete the 4 others
  • Trying to get : + 50 DMG% (epic) / + 5000 DMG (epic) / +50% DMG (Mythstone) / +4allskills (mythstone)

Same for your pendant, edit him but keep “crit chance”, fill the socket, keep “elemental dmg%” (star pendant)

It’s interesting to also get some cooldown reduction, so you’re gonna cast twisters more often, and on these twisters you’re gonna proc your cataclysm, so more twisters (and orbs, etc…) which can be clearly lethal.
Also try to get some +4 Twister or +Xallskills (mythstone) to reach a Skill rank of 20 (max), and your twister are gonna be overpowered (and even more at 1.7 patch)

HI THIS MY ITEM BUILD

YOU CAN REFER TO THIS PAGE

Hope this can give you an idea to improve your items and gameplay.

http://forums.dungeon-quest.com/t/axiz-wizard-item-build-with-gameplay/1129/1