The Question Thread

[quote=“macon”]

I’m planning to try the green path (Poison build) since the other elements doesn’t have set affixes unlike that of the poison prop. Might switch to Fire or Shock if they get set affixes.

May I just ask, what’s your main source of primary damage? Comet or Meteor. I’m planning to replace the special skill of staff into Storm. I think I should get more elemental crit I guess than WD? And also, where does elemental criticals get there damage?[/quote]
my main hand do comet, basicly i just use it to spawn green carpet/poison cloud.

my comet deal 900k-2m
While my green carpet deal 900m-5xxxxxB

See the different.?

So it is ok if I use sword and take advantage of the pierce? Also, what set affixes are needed for that green carpet of love build?

druidic+equality+plagued+cosmic power+spell sword+defiant+(anything u like)

if u can get lagend pet: TINK fairy with druidic set affix… that will be good since u will have 1 extra set affix. so u can choose what u like lol… maybe rage will be nice. add more crit damage and add some more AR.

Edit: yup. u can use any weapon any attack as long it can spawn poison cloud for ur main source of damage

[quote=“cronos1234”]

if u can get lagend pet: TINK fairy with druidic set affix… that will be good since u will have 1 extra set affix. so u can choose what u like lol… maybe rage will be nice. add more crit damage and add some more AR.

Edit: yup. u can use any weapon any attack as long it can spawn poison cloud for ur main source of damage[/quote]

Let me see if I understand how the combination works

Druidic - Adds MP and HP Regen , Adds Poison DOT depending on HP and MP regen
Equality - (this i’m having a hard time understanding) Reduce damage depending HP and MP equality. (does this mean that I have to increase my total HP and MP?) (Can Bloodmagic be a replacement for this?)
Plagued - (I know this doesn’t work with bloodmagic now) Increases HP and Poison DOT for each enemy poisoned
Cosmic Power - Adds MP Regen (Effect of druidic comes in right ?) then TW for all projectiles
Spell Sword - Mainhand skills will be comet and meteor, Increases MP depending on dodge (This means that I need to stack dodge?) (Can I replace this with momentum since I’d like to use Pierce instead of Comet?)
Defiant - Increases damage based on HP Missing (I can’t seem to find a connection for this ?) (Will this work well with Glasscanon?)

So there are 8 set affixes all in all, but there are only 7 slots (MH OH Head Chest Ring Amulet Pet) or am I missing something.

[quote=“macon”][quote=“cronos1234”]

Edit: yup. u can use any weapon any attack as long it can spawn poison cloud for ur main source of damage[/quote]

Let me see if I understand how the combination works

Druidic - Adds MP and HP Regen , Adds Poison DOT depending on HP and MP regen
Equality - (this i’m having a hard time understanding) Reduce damage depending HP and MP equality. (does this mean that I have to increase my total HP and MP?) (Can Bloodmagic be a replacement for this?)

equality buffed. increase DMG and ALL regen of your HP/MP equality.

Plagued - (I know this doesn’t work with bloodmagic now) Increases HP and Poison DOT for each enemy poisoned
Cosmic Power - Adds MP Regen (Effect of druidic comes in right ?) then TW for all projectiles

Increase max Mp too.

Spell Sword - Mainhand skills will be comet and meteor, Increases MP depending on dodge (This means that I need to stack dodge?) (Can I replace this with momentum since I’d like to use Pierce instead of Comet?)

I didt see any description tell that
increase MP depending on dodge. it increase max mp and all resist.

Defiant - Increases damage based on HP Missing (I can’t seem to find a connection for this ?) (Will this work well with Glasscanon?)

Defiant effect is based on HP. while not using blood magic. this build will make u have extreme low hp. with make even if u get lil damage. it mean big in your HP pool. it give u more % damage in return and reduce damage taken too.

So there are 8 set affixes all in all, but there are only 7 slots (MH OH Head Chest Ring Amulet Pet) or am I missing something.

for this build 6 is needed. 1 is free.
this build is not for blood magic.

for this build i have 4k hp and 290k mp.
[/quote]

macon is talking about 1.8.1 sets and cronos is talking about the open beta version.

@cronos: For the open beta

Defiant changed to: Increases DMG and DMG Reduction by 25%, increased by %(rank) of total HP% missing

As I understand Defiant percent is HP% missing. The HP you lost and not that you have low HP to be effective

i need help, answer from pros are needed for clear answer.

Discordance the new mythic skill damage calculate take place before heroic point or after heroic point.?

Discordance description
The cooldown, mana cost, and damage for Primary and Special skills of your Main Hand are switched. All Main Hand Cooldowns, Mana Costs are reduced by 25%, all Main Hand DMG is increased by 25%.

As u can see it increase 25% damage. so i just curious since i got insane idea for ********* of build “Mad Wife”.

Let say if my primary do 900k without heroic and +100% from heroic.
my special deal 20m without heroic and +100% with heroic.

so the discordance take place where… before heroic or after.?

i still dont have enough resources to make full build of it for test and see my self.

@clogon: if u read, and willing to help test the build can u PM me. i will sent recipe for that build, i dont want to expose it yet in here since i dont actually have it yet. and i heard that u build thing up for test and find bug. furthermore i need confirmation for it before i make it. i mean i dont want build something that have risk for being bugged lol. so will ya.?

[quote=“cronos1234”]i need help, answer from pros are needed for clear answer.

Discordance the new mythic skill damage calculate take place before heroic point or after heroic point.?

Discordance description
The cooldown, mana cost, and damage for Primary and Special skills of your Main Hand are switched. All Main Hand Cooldowns, Mana Costs are reduced by 25%, all Main Hand DMG is increased by 25%.

As u can see it increase 25% damage. so i just curious since i got insane idea for ********* of build “Mad Wife”.

Let say if my primary do 900k without heroic and +100% from heroic.
my special deal 20m without heroic and +100% with heroic.

so the discordance take place where… before heroic or after.?

i still dont have enough resources to make full build of it for test and see my self.

@clogon: if u read, and willing to help test the build can u PM me. i will sent recipe for that build, i dont want to expose it yet in here since i dont actually have it yet. and i heard that u build thing up for test and find bug. furthermore i need confirmation for it before i make it. i mean i dont want build something that have risk for being bugged lol. so will ya.?[/quote]

Im using Discordance in my build…
But Im not sure with of descriptions are true (there are 3 of them).
But it works not so bad :>

[quote=“Ingwar”]Im using Discordance in my build…
But Im not sure with of descriptions are true (there are 3 of them).
But it works not so bad :>[/quote]

I’m also using discordance but I’m not sure if it’s working.
It seems it’s not because +4 Multi Attack didn’t increase the DPS of Whirlwind.

Edit:
At least I’m counting on the description of the blog: Discordance: The cooldown, mana cost, and damage for the Main Hand Primary skill is switched those of the Special skill. Extra Attack Chances and Multi Attack boosts DMG of Main Hand Special instead of affecting Main Hand Primary.

where is the restore purchase?

because i bought the premium stash and when i tried to reinstall the game and open it up. i cannot access the premium stash anymore

Forget about the damage formula for Discordance. Proc rates remain and it always makes my day whenever I see an army of images throwing swords all over the place!

[quote=“emman23”]macon is talking about 1.8.1 sets and cronos is talking about the open beta version.

@cronos: For the open beta

Defiant changed to: Increases DMG and DMG Reduction by 25%, increased by %(rank) of total HP% missing

As I understand Defiant percent is HP% missing. The HP you lost and not that you have low HP to be effective[/quote]
having low hp will help boost damage atleast for me. have 6k hp. get my self hurt. took damage 3k from elemental from crate. that make my hp drop half mean i lost 50% of hp. and the damage increase is much bigger than having 80-90k hp. took damage 3k. and it just few percent hp drop. it make defiant not work at full power. it become waste.

Well, I’m planning on a different build (in accordance to the upcoming patch). Kindly criticize my build and put any recommendations on what to change, remove or improve.

1. Momentum - I got this in my MHweapon. Got a lance with momentum affix jaspered to a wand. I personally like storm so I guess that would be my main source of damage. So with this, I’ll stack movement speed. Storm will take care of the enemies while I move around.

2. Bloodmagic - As for now, I use this in my farming build. Since Plagued acts independently now (for the armor part) I’m planning to use ‘Energy’ instead of Bloodmagic. Anyway, speaking of Energy, what kind of resource pool is it ? Is it way better than Fury ? Can Energy support glasscannon builds ? If I’ll go with Energy, what leech affixes do I need?

3. Ascendent - Yes, I’m taking the non-element path. I just have some question about this, since Ascendent gives you the Prismatic effect, once the element of your attack changes is it still affected by your Arcane% and Arcane+ affixes?

4. Plagued + Rage - armors and crits ?

5. Adventurer - Damage booster as long as gold indicator is showing. Best partnered with a dog.

Since there are 7 slots for set affixes, for now, that’s all I can think of. If I’ll take on Bloodmagic, might as well add Cosmic Power right ? Also, will I go right with Defiant with this kind of set up?

As for the affixes I’m planning on stacking:

1. Movement speed - for momentum
  2. Glasscannon - I’ve read from ocenyx’s guides that, HP on higher floors are somewhat useless so might as well convert it to something useful.
  3. %Arcance and +Arcane affixes - yes?
  4. Explosive - is this ok?
  5. Critical Chance - for rage ofc
  6. %WD or +WD - what ever comes out of a crystal first.
  7. Ignore Resist - from Wildhide or Nadroji Robe
    • 2 sets and maybe +5 talents
  8. For mythic affixes - can I have suggestions for this ?
  9. Critical Damage or Deadly Strike - since I’m stacking critical chances, might as well abuse this.

For my offhand btw, I’d like to use an Orb for teleport especially, might change its special skill tho(any suggestions for a good OH special skill).

So … that’s it for now. I’ll appreciate each and every comment that I will receive and will make sure to use it to improve my set up.

[quote=“macon”]Well, I’m planning on a different build (in accordance to the upcoming patch). Kindly criticize my build and put any recommendations on what to change, remove or improve.

1. Momentum - I got this in my MHweapon. Got a lance with momentum affix jaspered to a wand.
    It’s not as broken as before in 2.0 but you may want to keep this if you have lots of movement speed.

I personally like storm so I guess that would be my main source of damage. So with this, I’ll stack movement speed. Storm will take care of the enemies while I move around.

You’re in for a surprise — storms in 2.0 won’t stack anymore. You may want to switch to something else.

1. Bloodmagic - As for now, I use this in my farming build. Since Plagued acts independently now (for the armor part) I’m planning to use ‘Energy’ instead of Bloodmagic. Anyway, speaking of Energy, what kind of resource pool is it ? Is it way better than Fury ? Can Energy support glasscannon builds ? If I’ll go with Energy, what leech affixes do I need?

Energy is a replacement for mana. You either need 1) a weapon with slow attack speed; or 2) resource cost crystal affix. You need the latter if you are using specials as your main source of damage.

1. Ascendent - Yes, I’m taking the non-element path. I just have some question about this, since Ascendent gives you the Prismatic effect, once the element of your attack changes is it still affected by your Arcane% and Arcane+ affixes?

I’m quoting clogon on this — yes.

1. Plagued + Rage - armors and crits ?

Independent of each other in 2.0. Does not stack

1. Adventurer - Damage booster as long as gold indicator is showing. Best partnered with a dog.

Yes. This is from my thread.

Since there are 7 slots for set affixes, for now, that’s all I can think of. If I’ll take on Bloodmagic, might as well add Cosmic Power right ? Also, will I go right with Defiant with this kind of set up?

If you can maintain your HP low somehow, then yes Defiant will be great.

As for the affixes I’m planning on stacking:

1. Movement speed - for momentum
  2. Glasscannon - I’ve read from ocenyx’s guides that, HP on higher floors are somewhat useless so might as well convert it to something useful. True. If you can avoid damage most of the time, that is
  3. %Arcance and +Arcane affixes - yes? Yep.
  4. Explosive - is this ok? Depends if you have numbers flying all over the place.
  5. Critical Chance - for rage ofc
  6. %WD or +WD - what ever comes out of a crystal first.
  7. Ignore Resist - from Wildhide or Nadroji Robe
    • 2 sets and maybe +5 talents
  8. For mythic affixes - can I have suggestions for this ? Since you’ll be using specials, Discordance and Desperation are good options.
  9. Critical Damage or Deadly Strike - since I’m stacking critical chances, might as well abuse this. I’ve yet to see a proper build without these.

For my offhand btw, I’d like to use an Orb for teleport especially, might change its special skill tho(any suggestions for a good OH special skill). Stealth is a good panic button as usual.

So … that’s it for now. I’ll appreciate each and every comment that I will receive and will make sure to use it to improve my set up.[/quote]

1 Like

[quote=“ocenyx”][/quote]

Erm ! My favorite storm(might still go with this even if it does not stack) ! Can’t seem to find the patch note that says it so.

Anyway, if storms won’t stack on 2.0, is it feasible to accompany it with burst damage affixes (like the one in your pellet guide, with crushing blows and everything). Also, does attkspd affect the number of hits that storm does?

For Discordance, I need to increase the heroic level of my primary skill right or am I getting this wrong.
If I’ll use Energy as my resource pool, I have to have the -resource cost affix? Will this override with Discordance in terms of the resource cost(the part where the cost of primary and special are switched).
But from what I’ve seen in your thread, the Blightbog one, you use Energy as your resource pool, and you have a very fast attkspd. [quote=“ocenyx”]Energy is a replacement for mana. You either need 1) a weapon with slow attack speed; or 2) resource cost crystal affix. You need the latter if you are using specials as your main source of damage.[/quote]

Might as well stick with Bloodmagic or use the Balance mythic. If I use Balance, do I need to have the Equality set affix?

As for Plagued, what is a good replacement for this? I’m keeping Rage for the critical.

Erm ! My favorite storm(might still go with this even if it does not stack) ! Can’t seem to find the patch note that says it so.
This one’s from the hidden forum

[quote=“SteigerBox”]r3252
Increased timer for Twister’s Taunt Increased hit per second of twister from .2 to .25
Increased Twister’s damage by 33%
Decreased Torrents damage from 500% to 300%
Storms damage increased from 500% to 600%
Now only one storm can be cast at…
[/quote]

Anyway, if storms won’t stack on 2.0, is it feasible to accompany it with burst damage affixes (like the one in your pellet guide, with crushing blows and everything). Also, does attkspd affect the number of hits that storm does?
Not sure about this one, since I’m no wiz user but I’m pretty sure that attack speed does not affect specials.

For Discordance, I need to increase the heroic level of my primary skill right or am I getting this wrong.
If I’ll use Energy as my resource pool, I have to have the -resource cost affix? Will this override with Discordance in terms of the resource cost(the part where the cost of primary and special are switched).

Resource systems do not stack. Only the topmost resource system overrides the others.

But from what I’ve seen in your thread, the Blightbog one, you use Energy as your resource pool, and you have a very fast attkspd.
No, my rogue’s attack speed is low at 2.8 per second (according to the stats page). You’re just seeing the illusion of sequencial multi-attacks after each attack. Roughly, it translates to 3 arrows per second, and 12 multi-attacks, with a total of 15 arrows per second.

Might as well stick with Bloodmagic or use the Balance mythic. If I use Balance, do I need to have the Equality set affix?
Not necessarily, but they do have great synergies with each other. Generally better to have both

As for Plagued, what is a good replacement for this? I’m keeping Rage for the critical.
I’m no HP player (obviously so when seeing almost 100% glasscannon on my builds) but if you’re not using poison it may be prudent to replace it with an elemental set of your choice that matches your weapon (permafrost, inferno, electrified, etc) [/quote]

Oh, so Discordance is a resource system like Energy? :confused:
My point is, since primary skills only cost 1 Energy, if I use Discordance, my special skill would cost 1 energy also since the cost of the primary and specials are switched. (that’s my understanding :confused: )

As for the Plagued, might go with Terrashaper. Does this proc on each hit of storm?

For Defiant, will this work with Glasscannon or am I getting it wrong. As well for the mythic Bloodmagic, the HP deducted by Glasscannon, is it considered missing HP?

I’ll stick with the old Bloodmagic first until I get a better understanding of the other resource systems.

PS: Is there an updated manashield wizard here in the forums ? The one in the DQ Builds Compendium is very outdated. I’m considering this as well, Manashield’s Reflect together with the Electrified set as the main source of damage.

i will post my new wizard manasheild build when official 2.0 out…

That would be very nice. Looking forward. :smiley: