The Question Thread

Sir how do i make discordance? I get a hard time crafting it

Socket this in order:

Mentor, Boon, Death, Fortune

Questions regarding the DPS formula:
(({[BWD * (1+WD%) * (1+WIQ)] + WD} * (1 + ED%)) + ED)*AS

1. What constitutes BWD?
    In the wiki equipment section, the weapons have their corresponding damage and speed. Ex: Staff has 45 base damage. Is 45, staffā€™s BWD when factored into the DPS formula?

2. Where exactly does the extra damage from your charā€™s power stat play into the DPS formula? 200 power = 5000 dmg. Does it go into BWD as well? Or maybe into WD? Or somewhere else?

3. The wiki says Staff has 10 base speed. How does 10 base speed translate into attacks per second?

1 and 2 both constitute as BWD. You can view attacks per second on the weapon. Iā€™m not sure how base speed factors.

Can u use Nadrojis +2set numbers (ring and bracelet) with a +2set numbers mythstone so u get +6 all sets ( =7) ?

Nope, +All Sets is capped at +4. But if you wear Nadrojiā€™s Robe + Nadrojiā€™s Cap + Stone of Nadroji + Nadrojiā€™s Crystal, I believe you can get Nadroji(8).

yeah i know abou the + 8 that what i wanted to get atleast +7 would be worth it for 1 affix less :blush:
but ty fot the cap info

Yeah! Having all sets at (7) would definitely be worth it!

Cant find answer on my question:
Suppose I use prismatic (main source Arcane) and i have i.e. 30% Element Crit. Then I launch orb, so it can be any of 5 elements. So the question: would my fire\ice\shock\posion orbs benefit from Arcane +DMG% on my equipment? Same question with Celestial.

yep they are,

Nice, can u answer on 1 more question.
From description of orb - ā€œFires a piercing orbā€¦ā€, so exposed will give me 50% bonus dmg?

what orb.? can u screenshot the pictures with description.?

as i remember what can trigger exposed,
Wizard sword primary ā€œpierceā€
Warrior sword special ā€œsword throwā€
Warrior hatchet primary ā€œtossā€
Rogue bow primary ā€œguidedshotā€

Dunno cant upload :\ here is screenshot http://clip2net.com/s/3v9Puug

I have some ManaShield questions.

How does damage reduction work with ManaShield? As an example, Iā€™m thinking of combining Defiant(5) and Deadly Arts(5) with 60% deadly strike ā€¦ so will I get 25% + 60% = 85% damage reduction on my ManaShield? Then if I use the Barrier talent (consume -1.5% MP per talent lvl), can I reduce the damage even further?

Does ManaShield still work as normal with resource systems? Specifically, BloodMagic or Energy, as Iā€™m considering those.

I hope someone can answer, I tried to not create a new thread.

Could you share wisdom a little more please?:slight_smile:
What Sorcery talent means? +% Element Effect effectivness - Is it just generic type for celestial\blight etc?

I can tell you that Mana Absorb, Permafrost, and Barrier all function with mana shield, and they ask function as they state themselves. Barrier is essentially 1.5% DMG Reduction.

Multiple damage reductions arenā€™t done by adding the percents (or else youā€™d quickly get past 100% - taking damage would heal you!)

Flip them around to how much damage you end up taking, then multiply those together. For your Defiant(5) + Deadly Arts(5) + 60% Deadly Strike, youā€™d do this:

Defiant: 25% = .25  -> 1-.25=.75
Deadly: 60% = .60  -> 1-.60=.40

.75*.40 = .3 = 30%

So you end up taking 30% of the original damage.

1-.3 = .7 = 70%

Which is equal to a 70% damage reduction from combining them.

2 Likes

I love math.

Does %ED increase bleed DMG as well ?

Does multi attack and extra attack obly affect primary skills? Iā€™m trying out a pvp blinker with discordance, and not sure whether to use multi/extra attack or not. For example is earthquake mythic or terrashaper affected by multi attack?