The Spell Sword Hero

honestly, the speed of the Comets coming out for this test with a Gauntlet was like seeing Barrage coming out of a Wand with Barrage 40 & Attack Speed +60%. at least I think it does.

1 Like

yesterday I tested Spell Hammer. Spell Sword, Attack Speed +60%, Angelic, & Zealotry. Zealotry gives +25% APS to Hammers & Angelic gives +25% APS to Skills with Cool Downs 1 second or lower, then the Attack Speed on top of that. I also had +2 Multi Attack & +2 EAC, and there was a lot of Comets coming out of that Hammer very fast! plus, I had that Talent that increases APS when there are bleeding enemies and that Toss Talent to get some bleeding enemies.

I was reading the description of Zealotry as I was going through my Farm Loot, and got the idea of using it with Spell Sword. nice DPS combination.

thinking of testing a Spell Chakram next.

1 Like

another yesterday. although I really like using Comet with Spell Sword, there are some downsides to using Comet :frowning_face: . since I still have the Test Spell Hammer, I decided to use Zenith Myth Stone on my Head Item for +50% Piercing.

in the Codex, it states that only certain attacks can have Piercing, but the MS doesn’t, it only needs to be on Chest or Head items.

and it works! half of my Comets went through the enemy and hit the enemies behind them. this is huge because Comets hit targets at the front of a group, and can’t reach targets in the back of the group until the ones in front are dead. this gives enemies in the back of the group a chance to attack with ranged attacks or teleport or sprint. Comet also targets the closest enemy, so having half of my Comets able to Pierce and attack more distant enemies is also great. Exposed Mythic gives all attacks +50% DMG against Pierced enemies, which is another way to boost a Builds DMG with Piercing.

1 Like

Golems Awesome :+1: . Spellsword is an interesting set indeed for gauntlet. A cool concept. I also haven’t seen many scoundrel blinkstrike type builds for sometime but spellsword interested me when I last used Aftermath.

Hope to welcome back Golem :+1: . Bringing some old idea to life.