Update 1.8.1

I know it’s early and I haven’t seen everything the update has to offer but I wanted to get some initial feedback up here.

First off; love most of the changes and I haven’t run into one I don’t like; but I haven’t seen everything. I especially like the stat caps being shown (any chance this could be expanded to include luck, gold and item quantity at some point?) and the changes to the mythic system.

I know it probably had to be done this way and I accept that; but I lost a few elixir stones (well the effect of them anyway) on my hunter rings because it took all the stones and turned them into the mythic affix despite the hunter affix not requiring an elixir. Not too big of a deal other than the couple million I had to spend to replace the stones and the loss of a couple crystals to put the socket back onto the rings. I do wish that we could have been informed about it though; I didn’t see anything about that in the preview thread though I might have missed it in my overall excitement for the update. Like I said; not a huge deal but did want to say that it was a tad disappointing to load in and have a couple pieces of my set missing.

I like the changes to income gain so far; especially the gold gained being visible for a longer period and updating to reflect all gold gained during the time the pop up is visible.

That’s all so far but I’m really looking forward to the new sets. I haven’t gotten any but I’m excited to see if they work out as well as my theory-crafting suggests they will.

The Mythic change was one of the primary feature changes, and as such, was literally the first sentence of the notes…

“Mythics have been redesigned. Now when you complete a Mythic, it replaces the four Mythstones used to create it with a Mythic Affix that either adds a powerful proc spell or effect. Mythics no longer replace Special Skills or Talents.” :smile:

https://shinyboxgames.com/blog/2015/04/patch-1-8-1-now-available/

What does everyone think are going to be some of the better mythics/sets/combos to come out of this?

I can see a crystal farm build with the following.

Wizzard with Teleport
Pickup Radius
Area of Effect increase
+Gold Increase
Adventurer
Resourceful?

Essentially the more you teleport, the more gold you get, the more gold you get the more damage you do.

Rubik: I was specifically referring to the change consuming ALL mythstones on the item regardless of whether they were part of the mythic affix. I had two hunter rings with five sockets, four for the hunter affix and one for an elixir, the update did what it promised and converted the hunter affix to a passive and consumed those stones but it also consumed my elixirs which are not part of the hunter affix.

Aamelron: I think I’m going to need two separate farming sets or to spend an absolute fortune on getting the correct affixes. Otherwise I’ll need one set for items and another for speed gold runs.

Tpollett: True. If you have maxed out Luck+Item Drops+Gold Find, you won’t be able to kill shit.

[quote=“Rubik”]The Mythic change was one of the primary feature changes, and as such, was literally the first sentence of the notes…

“Mythics have been redesigned. Now when you complete a Mythic, it replaces the four Mythstones used to create it with a Mythic Affix that either adds a powerful proc spell or effect. Mythics no longer replace Special Skills or Talents.” :smile:

https://shinyboxgames.com/blog/2015/04/patch-1-8-1-now-available/[/quote]

• Does the 4 MS affix u inserted on 4 sockets take effect? i mean example u inserted Fortune MS,does the +% Item Quantity will retain even if the 4MS will be 1 Mythic Affix?

Uhm… the Changes in Goldveins set affix. lessens my attack a lot :cry:
the damage % has been change to bleed damage %

Anygma: no. You get the mythic skill and three affix slots back (one is used for the mythic affix) but the mythstones you used are completely gone and you do not get the effects they normally grant if not used to make a mythic affix.

CravenRed: I don’t use that set; but I can definitely see where that change would lower your damage quite significantly. Personally I’m missing about 30k armor and am still trying to figure out why. Especially considering I use plagued, blood magic and Rage set pieces. Did they change rage to be a lower amount? I’ll have to look into that.

The only thing that affects armour is Plague so that is probably the cause. Rage never affects armour while Plague is equipped since the later sets it to a specific value.

Not sure about the way Rage works in patch 1.8.1. But back to patch 1.8, Rage does affect armor even with Plagued.

Not sure about the way Rage works in patch 1.8.1. But back to patch 1.8, Rage does affect armor even with Plagued.[/quote]

He said he lost 30k armour so that means that Plague is functionning differently and has nothing to do with Rage.

Maybe that is what changed; possibly a different way for plagued to be factored in or possibly as a bug/fix. I’ll see if changing the order in which equipment is equipped changes anything. But if that is the reason for my missing armor I understand why.

Thanks for the replies.

1. Nothing with Rage or Plagued should have changed between 1.8 and 1.8.1. I’ve seen no discussion on it, and there’s nothing on patch notes.

2. Rage will effect armor unless Plagued is present, at which point Plagued should override any other armor effects.

3. My tanks numbers have not changed, and my tests with both set affixes show everything functioning correctly, so…

What is your current HP, current rank of Plagued, and current armor value?

As was stated before; rage applied an armor bonus prior to 1.8.1 which was most likely a bug. My hp was ~67k and I had 115k armor with 5 ranks of rage and plagued. Now, after putting a couple affixes on my hunter ring to replace the sockets, I have 77k hp with 97k armor with 5 ranks of rage and plagued. Either it was s graphical glitch with the stat page or they fixed rage applying despite plagued being present. That is literally the only change that has been made in my gear and the stones used to make the hunter mythic affix have no effect on it. I have 60% Crit so 37.5% more armor after the 125% of hp into armor of my former hp worked out to 115k.

Whether it was stated or not; rage plus plagued has been changed to ignore the rage armor increase. It’s not a big deal, and like I said, it was either a bug fix on the ui or a change in which one is applied first. Previously they probably applied rage last as it was a newer set than plagued and they simply added the new code into the existing. Now they redid all the sets so had plagued apply at the end.

One other point; rage is no longer adding 2% of my total armor to crit damage. With 97k armor I ought to be getting approximately 1,900% crit damage and that’s not happening. With rage I only get 145.7% crit damage. It’s adding crit damage based off my armor prior to plagued taking effect. This also provides credence to my theory above in that prior to 1.8.1 rage was applied after plagued and thus was providing a larger boost to crit damage.

I may not be an official tester; but I do my due diligence when I encounter something strange or changed from how it was prior to an update.

Also I realize my numbers from the previous post don’t match the claim of 30k armor lost; that is due to the post in which I make that claim being a day or so prior to my post with the numbers and in the time between I added a few affixes which brought the hp up about 11k. If you run the numbers from before the update (66k hp with 5 to both sets) you end up with rage adding approximately 30k armor if applied after plagued. I wish I had taken screen shots of my stat page prior to the update but I’m not in the habit of doing so.

Plus; things change and while I may mention them changing, I pretty much just roll with whatever and change with it. Currently I’m working out whether rage or plagued is going to be removed as they don’t work well together anymore.

Is there any possibility of getting some stat showing what the damage reduction from the equality set is providing? I tried to use the set and even respecced my stats to bring them as close to 1:1 as possible but I didn’t feel like running the numbers a bunch of times to determine cost/benefit of differing values of hp/mp and I’m not knowledgeable enough in statistics to determine a gradient curve to even get a ballpark figure. I did manage to get my hp/mp ratio to about .97, with 5 in equality but without crunching numbers I was only able to determine that I was still getting killed in one hit from any enemy on the level.

You are doing a lot of extra work if you are planning to use statistics to model the formula… When looking at stat point investment, it is basically just 2 functions. But since you don’t really care about when HP is lower than MP when it comes to survivability (trust me, you never want HP<MP if you want survivability. That function just goes down), you can symplify it to:
EHP= (5200+50[147+x])/(1-0.075*# of set*[5200+50{147-x}]/[5200+50{147+x}]).

From this function, you can tell that investing all your stat points into HP is the best way to maximize its effect when using # of set = 5. But if you compare it to Bloodmagic’s EHP… I am sure it will get buffed later on so that it can be a good replacement to Bloodmagic as intended. But right now, not worth using (from strictly a stat point investment point of view).

Things get a lot more complicated when you start adding all the different possible affixes. Each extra variable adds a new dimension of complexity. This is the literal use of the word dimention. With just stat point investment, it is a 2D graph. Add in just +HP affixes = 3D graph. Most humans cannot comprehend a 4D graph. So you are not alone in “not wanting to plot it point by point” and not being knowledgeable enough to maximize Equalizer. All I need to know is that Equalizer takes 4 affixes to mimic Bloodmagic and still provide lower EHP. This is enough for me to avoid like the plague. (Pun intended and that is right, I do not like plague either)

If there was a bug with Rage + Plagued, I never experienced it. Plagued should override it, which makes your current armor value look correct.

Regarding Rage, it should definitely be increasing by more than that, at least it was. So something may have been changed with it without anyone realizing.

Thank you Unities for the break down on the math; the EHP formula might see some use from me as the in game one seems to be broken or at least it’s been stuck at 2.54m for over a month on mine regardless of gear changes and what floor I’m on. Mostly what I was looking for was to determine at what ratio of hp/mp will I get the best return on investment but after a few more attempts I’ve come to the conclusion that unless I can get about 8 pieces of equality it will never provide enough damage reduction to equal or exceed blood magic with plagued and cosmic power. The ratio is too narrow and the reduction is too small. I go from having 77k hp to 14k hp and the damage reduction isn’t over 95% so I’m killed in one hit.

I like the idea behind equality but the enemies simply deal too much burst damage for it to be viable. Enemies that attack once a second and deals 500k dps are much harder to deal with than an enemy that hits 10 times a second and deals 500k dps.

Maybe once I get a larger pool to work with through +hp and +mp I’ll be able to utilize equality better than I can now; but that might be a larger investment than I’m willing to make at this time. I’ll definitely be keeping it in mind when pillaging the natives for what’s in their pockets.

[quote=“Tpollett”]Thank you Unities for the break down on the math; the EHP formula might see some use from me as the in game one seems to be broken or at least it’s been stuck at 2.54m for over a month on mine regardless of gear changes and what floor I’m on. Mostly what I was looking for was to determine at what ratio of hp/mp will I get the best return on investment but after a few more attempts I’ve come to the conclusion that unless I can get about 8 pieces of equality it will never provide enough damage reduction to equal or exceed blood magic with plagued and cosmic power. The ratio is too narrow and the reduction is too small. I go from having 77k hp to 14k hp and the damage reduction isn’t over 95% so I’m killed in one hit.

I like the idea behind equality but the enemies simply deal too much burst damage for it to be viable. Enemies that attack once a second and deals 500k dps are much harder to deal with than an enemy that hits 10 times a second and deals 500k dps.

Maybe once I get a larger pool to work with through +hp and +mp I’ll be able to utilize equality better than I can now; but that might be a larger investment than I’m willing to make at this time. I’ll definitely be keeping it in mind when pillaging the natives for what’s in their pockets.[/quote]

For strictly for EHP, Pathfinder will always give more with the same investments. Deadly Arts will give more with less investments. Equalizer is bad in its current form

Wow; just read up on pathfinder and deadly arts. I think I need to get those sets.