Veil and dodge

thanks for all the information but im not sure if it helps me :confused:

so currently i’m at 51% dodge with rogue maxed power, 10% dodge on pet, 20 dexterity and 4 dodge natures. my dream would be to go for 6 dodge natures and swap the dodge on pet for veil.
means i would be at 44% dodge. so does in this case veil 20 bring me to 98%dodge, or do i get nothing out of veil at all and am sitting at 88%?

do you have Epiphany Set?

all Characters have a base +10% Dodge.
that means your Power is giving you +41% Dodge.
Dexterity 20 is giving you +10% Dodge, but you only get 9%, because Dodge is capped at +60%. any other Dodge is ignored.

if your Power is giving you +51% Dodge, then with the base +10% Dodge all Characters have, you would be at the Dodge Cap of +60%. you don’t need any other Dodge. are you trying to get Permastealth with out using the Epiphany Set? because that’s not going to work at all.

Stealth doubles your Dodge, so with a Dodge of +50%, you Dodge all attacks for the duration of Stealth. a Permastealth build requires the Epiphany Set (7) to get Cool Down high enough so Stealth cool down equals the Stealth duration with Stealth 40. your only vulnerability is the time it takes you to push/tap the Stealth button again before you get hit by an enemy. a Dodge higher than 50% is only needed if you are also using the Pathfinder Set at Rank 5 for more damage.

hey i love that ure trying to help that hard, but i really know all of that :slight_smile: ive been playing permastealth for over a year.

also i am talking about PVE only here.

my question is how the following veil- dodge cap- stealth interaction works(with epiphany 5 in mind, but i’m quite sure this doesnt matter for my problem):

when stealth is used, dodge gets doubled.
if we are i.e. using stealth to go from 40% dodge to 80% dodge, we are basically going over cap, no matter how many epiphany used.
VEIL DODGE DOESNT GET DOUBLED BY STEALTH.
possibilities (with 40% dodge(all sources) and 20 veil aka 10% bonus dodge from veil:
1: 40% dodge gets doubled to 80% by stealth, then 10% is added by 20 veil for 90% dodge
2:40% dodge gets doubled to 80% by stealth, then 10% CANT BE ADDED by veil because we are already over the dodge cap so we are stuck with 80% dodge

which one of those is the case?

1 Like

ok, I see what you’re saying. Veil Dodge should be added to Dodge before Stealth doubles it, but if it isn’t, you’re correct, it’s useless that way.

to be honest, there are better ways to get your Dodge to the minimum +50% than using Veil. I usually use Bombardier and/or Relentless Talent(s), depending on my Rogue Build.

there are a few Talents that allow you to have something go over the Cap, and the rest are affected by the Cap limit. the Hero Skills, from Mod & Dev comments, are unaffected by the Cap. so if you were using Blinkstrike 40, and had your Crit Chance & Crit Damage at Cap, you would have +84% Crit Chance and Crit Damage +490% when using Blinkstrike. if you used Epiphany, those would be higher.

1 Like

Very Interesting!