Version 1.8 review

Lots of different numbers for luck and gold find. How are the OCD guys going to handle not being able to get an even 200%?

Extra meds. :smile:

I look at it like this, as long as it is above a perfect roll would be normally, it’s ok. The big problem, is it having affixes that you don’t want in general.

I look at it like this, as long as it is above a perfect roll would be normally, it’s ok. The big problem, is it having affixes that you don’t want in general.[/quote]

Agreed, but this essentially makes the game unsolvable from a “game theory optimization” angle. Prior, given enough time to research, enough crystals and mythstones, the “best” build was possible. The “best” build with crystal legends is still possible, but with eternals, it is not – I guess with unlimited eternals, sooner or later, you’d pick up one that rolled “perfect” and had the exact affixes you wanted, but the amount of play required would be mind-numbing.

Also, eternal farming will give you better stats if you find an eternal at L300 than L100 (if I understand correctly). It adds a new dimension and complexity to the game.

I look at it like this, as long as it is above a perfect roll would be normally, it’s ok. The big problem, is it having affixes that you don’t want in general.[/quote]

Agreed, but this essentially makes the game unsolvable from a “game theory optimization” angle. Prior, given enough time to research, enough crystals and mythstones, the “best” build was possible. The “best” build with crystal legends is still possible, but with eternals, it is not – I guess with unlimited eternals, sooner or later, you’d pick up one that rolled “perfect” and had the exact affixes you wanted, but the amount of play required would be mind-numbing.

Also, eternal farming will give you better stats if you find an eternal at L300 than L100 (if I understand correctly). It adds a new dimension and complexity to the game.[/quote]
Making a “perfect” build out of eternals is nigh impossible, yes. However, I do think an eternal version of a build which is better than the “perfect” crystal version is entirely possible. For example, I think an eternal whirlwind warrior can be built that rivals any current WW build with a minimal amout of luck in your favor. :smile:

[quote=“Rubik”]
Making a “perfect” build out of eternals is nigh impossible, yes. However, I do think an eternal version of a build which is better than the “perfect” crystal version is entirely possible. For example, I think an eternal whirlwind warrior can be built that rivals any current WW build with a minimal amout of luck in your favor. :smile:[/quote]

This is interesting cause i also play ww warrior, would you share which eternals you have in mind?

eternals are not end game item…
if i were to go with the item selection…
it’ll be like this… Crafted crystal items > Eternals > mythics > normal legend… :I

@newb +1. Exactly. Eternals are a stepping stone in power. The thing is, you get a drop once in a while that makes you want to rethink your build and integrate it. Im running 2 mythics and 4 crystal items on both toons, but ive seen quite a few eternals id use.

They CAN replace crystal items, but mostly help you get to the end-game stuff. I love them.

Btw, update to the new version. Its worth it.

update another question : what need to be done before get the new updates? regarding the feat system kinda “glitchy”

Upload your character to the server using DQ account from the main menu. What about the feat system is glitchy? Perhaps it’s user error?

Upload your character to the server using DQ account from the main menu. What about the feat system is glitchy? Perhaps it’s user error?[/quote]

1st glitch i found is [color=#FF8000]Save Enslaved Pet[/color] become 4/3 after update,after i killed an Enslaver it change to 1/3

2nd glitch i found is [color=#FF8000]Use Crystal[/color] feat, i haven’t reach 500 yet, around 200+ i think suddenly it says i achieved already then gimme Topaz >_< after the feat score resume from 200+ now :open_mouth:

The first one has happened a few times before. It is a graphical error due to the requirements lowering. You were below the old requirement, but now above the new one. It shouldn’t happen after the initial time post update.

The second one, are you sure? Are you sure its not exactly the same thing you described in the first part?

[quote=“Just Me”][quote=“Rubik”]
Making a “perfect” build out of eternals is nigh impossible, yes. However, I do think an eternal version of a build which is better than the “perfect” crystal version is entirely possible. For example, I think an eternal whirlwind warrior can be built that rivals any current WW build with a minimal amout of luck in your favor. :smile:[/quote]

This is interesting cause i also play ww warrior, would you share which eternals you have in mind?[/quote]
I’ve started some work on this, it can be found here http://shinyboxgames.com/NewSite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1924.

[quote=“Rubik”]The first one has happened a few times before. It is a graphical error due to the requirements lowering. You were below the old requirement, but now above the new one. It shouldn’t happen after the initial time post update.

The second one, are you sure? Are you sure its not exactly the same thing you described in the first part?[/quote]

yup i’m sure … nvm if it happen again i’ll post a new thread :confused:

[quote=“Just Me”]I also hesitates to update because im not sure eternals is better than manually crafted ones.

Eternal comes with maxed quality and stronger affix value, but builds are mostly about affix combination.
And eternals have a very limited cuztomization, making it very hard to find ones with affix combination that we want…

If only eternals can also be affected with jasper, amber, citrine, peridot and sapphire…:slight_smile:
Or make new legend items with all random affix, including random set affix…

But eternal pet is really tempting…[/quote]

sir just asking… so you mean “jasper, amber, citrine, peridot and sapphire” are the only crystals not affect on eternals?? and the rest crystals can be use on eternals?

No, there are only 2 CS can be applied on Eternal. They’re Calcite and Beryl.