Visited Again After A Long Absence

Hello everyone! It has been I think over a year (or maybe two!) since I last posted here, which is partly due to the fact that I kinda got bored with the game. Then I kinda forgot about it.

That said, I’m thinking about playing again, and I thought I would drop by and say hi. (I had some okay characters, but I deleted them and am more or less starting over, but I did keep a few things like crystals and mythostones as well as a huge amount of gold.)

Also: When will the next major update be? It seems like it has been forever since a big new feature has been implemented in Dungeon Quest.

1 Like

We are doing Quality of Life Updates to DQ so that it works as new software requirements are released for Apple Google and Amazon.

We recently updated Dungeon Quest to be compliant with GDPR (long story there is a post about it on the front page) which took a bit of time (and still is) to get completed and released.

We are doing our best and we get we know we are not as fast as some of our fans would like us to be with updates!

Also, THANKS for coming back to play!

4 Likes

Nearly my second anniversary on DQ. In 7 days apparently :grinning: I’ve done not bad.

1 Like

2 years on the Forum in 8 days. guess I have been playing for almost 3 years now.

2 Likes

So does this mean we’re going to get an update for dungeon quest like not an actually content update but some changes? Or just an update for the game to be able to run on newer softwares only? Ill have to check out the story. Slow updates aren’t a bad thing because dungeon quest is a huge game in my opinion towards having content cause theres a lot of legendarys and so on to hunt which is the point of the game and i love it. Also the crafting in the game is huge and addicting. Im also a player that returned since i quit before the dust update came out and started playing again a few weeks ago so i call my self a new player but i wish i would’ve stayed with the game since day one till now and i regret leaving. Anyways welcome back to the game!!!

1 Like

No it means we get DQ2 but the update on DQ I would love is pets that attack :grinning:

2 Likes

I believe the post from @tdaniel is mostly about keeping Dungeon Quest compatible with newer software & hardware. they have had a few Patches for bugs and stuff, but no major update since Patch 3.0 came out.

they have been working on something called ‘DQ2’ but it has been a few months since the last update on the project. they have been putting a lot of effort into making a quality game and giving a few updates as they go along, so looking forward to the new game. but I wont give up this one, it is too fun & good to play. I’ll just add the new one to my Apps and find some time in my day for it. scheduling is going to be interesting.

1 Like

I get the feeling ( because I’m a Jedi lol :sunglasses: ) that they have pretty much perfected the game mechanic but are now adding context and replayability. That takes time and imagination.

3 Likes

Im pumped for DQ2 but i would even be happy with dungeon quest Getting upgraded to where they can release more content on it cause dungeon quest is perfect well in my opinion anyways but Im ready for dungeon quest 2 so hopefully it’ll be soon enough for it to be released cause I’m switching between both of them and going to have a blast.

Since you’re talking about what update you’d like i would love if they could make it to where legendarys and so on would show up on the map when they drop it would just be an awesome little feature.

They just need to add everything thats in dungeon quest over to dungeon quest 2 and add a tone more to it with updated everything because i love the dust system and the eternals also the crafting system with crystals and mythstones

2 Likes

Yeah they could upgrade it. How about an aggressive pet that attacks please @tdaniel … Pretty please

1 Like

:slight_smile: if only it were that easy! I will talk to the folks on this end and see what that would entail. We are kinda neck deep in next game right now so I don’t know how feasible it will be to get that added to the docket.

3 Likes

good idea @dickwad.

the thing is, would the attack Pets have to take the place of the farm Pets? or switched out with the Trinkets. Attack Pets couldn’t be used in Arena, that is for Trinkets, so this would be for the Campaign side of the game. that way the Dev’s wouldn’t have to re-balance the Arena. and if you see an Attack Pet in the Arena, you know for sure it is a cheat!

maybe 3 different types of Attack Pets, Ranged, Melee, and Special. with their own Gears & Talent Trees for players who want to individualize their Attack Pets from other players or synergize with their Builds.

1 Like

Lol we can’t stress out the developers :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I bet after reading my post, one Dev is staring at the monitor crying in despair, one is spinning in their cubicle chair with a blank look in their eyes, and the last one took some aspirin for their new headache and went back to working on DQ2.

1 Like

They must think we are bloody demanding :joy:

1 Like

Woo hoo talent trees for pets . Wishful thinking :heart_eyes: This would be my reaction to an aggressive pet with talent trees https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SSbBvKaM6sk

Whoa!! DQ2!!! Im stoked to here this. Ive just returned myself. But been playing DQ since well i can’t remember it was well before rogue came out. I think the warrior was just added. But anyways welcome back to DQ e1.

1 Like

Welcome back to DQ. Lots has changed :grin:

welcome back @AntiKhrist . I think this is one of the best posts by the Dev’s concerning their current support of DQ and their work on DQ2. there are a bunch of other posts, just need to find them. hope you have just as much fun with Warrior & Rogue as you do Wizard!

1 Like