Warrior 1-99 stats

I picked up the game a few days ago, got a wizard to level 20 without too much effort, and wanted to learn more about all the various stats and skills options in the game, so came here to do some research. (Lots of customization options in-game but very little description, sadly)

Looking around the forums for an hour, it seems like there’s alot more to the game than I initially suspected, and I’d like to request a bit of help.

Reading around, it seems that while wizards are viable, warriors seem to be the easiest class to level and play at high levels, so for my first character, at least, I ditched the wizard, and would like to try a warrior.
At low levels, honestly, the warrior seems alot weaker than the wizard, but I assume that changes soon.

There’s many decent build, gear, and guide suggestions for high level warriors, once you hit level 99 (L200+) and start doing maps. However, I can’t really find much advice on how to allocate stats/points/gear on the grind up to level 99 (l200/maps).

Assuming I want to

1. save (almost?) all my crystals until I begin to do maps and finalize my gearset for high level maps
  2. try to avoid spending alot of gold respeccing on the transition from l200 to maps
  3. don’t want to get ‘stuck’ on a particular level or boss for large amounts of time on the way to maps

What do I want to put my stat points and skill points into? All into HP for stats and whirlwind (then hp/luck) for talents? or divide evenly between hp/power? Something else? MP seems useless at later levels once you get blood magic, but can you level without any points in it? (Or will gold be so worthless by then that respec costs are inconsequential)
What gear do I want to be on the lookout for? Right now, at low levels, HP leech seems to trump pretty much anything else, at least until i (pretty quickly) run out of MP.
Any particular type of weapon/offhand I want to use/avoid? (eventually, I assume a whirlwind mainhand and a high dps offhand, but I assume whirlwind takes too much MP to spam at low levels)

Any advice would be appreciated.

TLDR version: Leveling a warrior from start-beginning Maps. What stats/talents should I use to get to endgame (Maps) efficiently, and what gear should I keep an eye out for?

As for gold, don’t worry about respeccing. I also thought that it would be something that requires careful consideration, but gold is a non-issue past the mid game. You will sit on millions and millions of gold even if you respec frequently. Feel free to experiment with different skills or even stats. You won’t go broke. :smile:

I’m at Map Level 280.

For stat points, I’m at 189 power, 115 health, 5 mana (blood magic, as you said negates the need for mana). For hero points, I’m at 77, with 20 strength, 20 dexterity, 16 intelligence, and 20 fortune on the bottom row and 1 on torrent. If I were respeccing again, and only haven’t because with a controller, it takes a while and I’m lazy, I’d max out torrent over luck and intelligence, but that’s ONLY because I’m using a lot of torrent procs as affixes.

I strongly suggest 20 strength and 20 dexterity though because those impact your whole character while specialized skills may change. For instance, I had a lot in whirlwind, and then quit using whirlwind. I use Spell Sword and Living Force set affixes, which negate your MH weapon skills and replace with comet and meteor. Add in some Toss and you’re cooking.

My point being that as your character evolves, the top 16 skills may change as you progress but the bottom 4 skills follow you through the whole game.

Also, with the above, HP leech is very much required. Try to get as close to 5% as you can, 5% is the cap. As long as you’re hitting something, you’ll always have Health points (though TNT and explosions are my bane right now).

For stat points, all HP all the way. In lower levels your gear you find should have plenty of damage output to kill everything, and the HP(and the bonus armor it provides passively for Warriors) will greatly reduce chances of death. As you level up and transition more into a specialized build(Blood Magic set affix will help a great deal) and tougher mobs, the HP is going to be even more important. My experience shows that even lower dps builds can kill at a fine rate of speed on high levels(I’m approaching 600), but the chance of being insta killed is still a possibility, therefore I value survival a bit more than damage. Of course, that’s well down the line for you, you will be just fine experimenting with whatever seems fun to you for the first 200 standard levels.

Thanks for the help!

From the replies, it sounds like the best thing for me to do pre-maps would be to put most, if not all points into HP - maybe 5:1 Hp:Power, or even all HP unless I feel underpowered, then put a few points in power.

For talents, STR/DEX at 10/10, then probably fortune, since I’ll be taking whatever weapon is the best at the moment (hammers right now at level 22, surprisingly! Wish I could get a good axe to drop…)

Another question that’s come up meanwhile…

A few people in the forums have mentioned that, for crafting, you can use a gem, and force quit the game if it doesn’t give you something useful, then reapply. This seems very useful for minmaxing gear with valuable gems. I tested it with an element gem on my weapon, but no matter how I try and quit the game (home button, task menu kill, etc) it seems to save my game immediately upon applying the gem, preventing me from using the ‘free reroll’ as described. What’s the trick to this? Was this patched?

I think you are talking about the obsidian. Since its not removable by kyanite. You cannot try the trick by using crystals that automatically being applied, like calcite.

[quote=“Runelord”]Thanks for the help!

From the replies, it sounds like the best thing for me to do pre-maps would be to put most, if not all points into HP - maybe 5:1 Hp:Power, or even all HP unless I feel underpowered, then put a few points in power.

For talents, STR/DEX at 10/10, then probably fortune, since I’ll be taking whatever weapon is the best at the moment (hammers right now at level 22, surprisingly! Wish I could get a good axe to drop…)

Another question that’s come up meanwhile…

A few people in the forums have mentioned that, for crafting, you can use a gem, and force quit the game if it doesn’t give you something useful, then reapply. This seems very useful for minmaxing gear with valuable gems. I tested it with an element gem on my weapon, but no matter how I try and quit the game (home button, task menu kill, etc) it seems to save my game immediately upon applying the gem, preventing me from using the ‘free reroll’ as described. What’s the trick to this? Was this patched?[/quote]

I already know that the “element” crystal is instant which means that you wouldn’t be able to do this trick in the first place. But let’s test that other theory out with a ruby crystal which doesn’t give instant effect nor is cancellable.
I hope the picture is self explanatory.

(between step 3 and 4 I minimized the game, killed it and started the game again)

However as you can see, the crystal was consumed when I clicked apply and I didn’t even get a random epic affix on the item even though I did apply it.

So, you apply Ruby and didn’t choose any affix in the list, after hitting apply again, you lose your Ruby and don’t get any new affix, right?

So, you apply Ruby and didn’t choose any affix in the list, after hitting apply again, you lose your Ruby and don’t get any new affix, right?[/quote]

Apply ruby, don’t choose any affix, press home button and kill the game, start the game again. The ruby will be gone and you will not have any epic affix at all on the item.

Hmm well, that is unfortunate indeed. It seems the bug has been patched then. Ah well. Thank you very much for testing so I didn’t have to!

So, you apply Ruby and didn’t choose any affix in the list, after hitting apply again, you lose your Ruby and don’t get any new affix, right?[/quote]

Apply ruby, don’t choose any affix, press home button and kill the game, start the game again. The ruby will be gone and you will not have any epic affix at all on the item.[/quote]

so … you mean it doesn’t work anymore? O_o

OIC … alrite nvm =D

Ah, that explains why I can’t reproduce the issue.
This is how Ruby works: As soon as you choose “Apply”, the CS is already used and the game save automatically. That’s why when you return to the game the CS is gone :smile:

Ah, that explains why I can’t reproduce the issue.
This is how Ruby works: As soon as you choose “Apply”, the CS is already used and the game save automatically. That’s why when you return to the game the CS is gone :smile:[/quote]
Simply put yes. It now works as intended :smile:

You guys are missing the whole thing here. What he originally referenced were people talking about doing that with OBSIDIANS only. It is working the same as it always has, and that’s the point, you’re just using it on the wrong crystal.

When you apply a crystal, it is gone. Thats fine and dandy. If you don’t choose an affix you dont get one, that’s what you want to happen. You can remove a legendary affix alone just fine, this isn’t for that. A crystal affix can only be removed with disenchant, possible taking other affixes with it. Not so when you use that method. That is ONLY for when you don’t get the crystal affix you want.

Steiger expressed his views on this, so it might be fixed eventually. If you enchant better, apply crystal affix first to an empty item, then it’s a non issue. Hope this is clearer now.

Oooh okay - that’s completely not what it sounded like from quickly browsing the forums. Thank you for clarifying that this is only for obsidian, and is a way to remove affixes you don’t want, not get the affix you want without using mroe than 1 crystal.

[emoji106]