"Watch video for free boost" is not working

Title says it all, playing on an android tablet over wi-fi clicking the “watch video” button does nothing.

Hi Slippster, what’s the model of your device?

its an Kindle HD “Tate” reloaded with Cyanogenmod OS ( I dumped the kindle OS)
Android 4.4.4

Noted, ty. We’ll look into it!

Thanks - I found this game over a year ago and love the offline ability to play- this is thee best game in its genre IMHO all the other games are ruined by the FTP model. Love the fact that the game is constantly upgraded and developed

Very appreciated :smile: Thank you for the kind words!

HI Slippster,

I think I know the problem. So our advertising provider identifies devices by their type and then servers ads to those devices.
Amazon is VERY different in this particular instance. If I am reading the documentation correctly on my end, the video ad provider is identifying that the device you are using is a Kindle device (provided at a hardware level). The ad provider must attribute an amazon specific ad to your device. here in lies the problem.

Since you have cyanogenmod installed (and not fire os) the advertising ID of your device DOES NOT match what amazon is supplying to the ad provider.

I think this is the reason the ads are failing.

1 Like

okay… i dont know what to say to that, but that sounds logical…thanks.

edit/afterthought:
I would rather see ads for games than amazon specific ads, becausae i dont shop on amazon.
FYI

I have played other games that have no problem delivering videos to me… do you plan on a solution for this issue? or am i permanently locked out of this feature?

Hi Slippster,

The provider we use is in control over how the ads get called. I don’t have any control over which get placed to your device. This is usually handled by the software running on the device.

1 Like

I’d like to add something here. The 5 min boost from loading screen ads doesn’t seem to give the exact boost shown in the loading screen. Multiple times I’ve seen it shows I’ve received monster packs, but I always get the pet buff or experience boost instead. One time it gave me the pickup radius buff though, but it always gives you different buff from what’s shown on the loading screen.

Also sometimes the video doesn’t play. Need to restart the game and/or wifi to make it work again. Note 4, 5.1.1 stock.

THanks!

could you guys come up with another way to earn those boosts, then? ( since i cant get them via ads)
do they drop ingame?

Other devices (like google tv, appletv, and firetv, nvidia shield products) also cannot get these boosts. It effects more than one particulars device type.

Any solution we go with is going to have limitations. We chose this one since it is the smallest (from an integration requirement) and relatively small downloads for our players.

1 Like

STILL NOTHING I guess i should wait on a patch to fix this? its not fair that i cannot use or take advantage of those boosts ( they all suck Anyways) because of this error with the video advertising
( sounds cheap doesnt it? IT IS)

They should be able to drop ingame instead of some cheap stupid advertising campaign that doesnt even work across half the devices …Cmon Beavis… Mkayyy?

IF THIS BECOMES A PLATFORM TO DROP ADS ON ME ( YOU FUCKERS) SHAME ON YOU.
KISS ME GOODBYE. AND KISS GOODBYE ALL MONIES $$ (HAVENT SPENT ANY YET, BUT JUST SAYIN) IN THE FUTURE. ( THE PRESENCE OF ADVERTISING TARGETED DIRECTLY TO MY DEVICE OR MY HABITS IS SHAMEFUL.)

I might just go back to Torchlight 2 screw android as a gaming platform.
I have to re-think my loyalty to this … game.

seriously- at this point i am ready to delete my account and kiss you goodbye.

This game needs the revenue, do you want the devs to work for free? They already have fair prices and the +15 is a good deal. No need to curse , you can leave if you feel that way honestly

Uninstalling

**. Are you for real? Be fair… or be GONE.

THE GAME IS NOT FAIR, SO OUT YA GO.

Damn the devs and the money.

THIS is THE LAST android game i felt WAS FAIR., now i hate ALL ANDROID GAMES!!
HAPPY NOW?

You fukkers killed it. now i dont wanna play any android games.
fuck the whole platform

character deleted - game deleted - bye now-

You have some serious problems mate.

See a doctor fast mate… local mental health should do. give or take 5 years you are “cure-ed”~