What's next for Dungeon Quest

I like that.

SteigerBox, how about haptic feedback for the controls?

Thanks for your post here and on google play, we really appreciate it! That idea sounds cool to me but I don’t see how it would work. Can you give me an example or describe how you see this working in game?

tdaniel, sure! I’m referring to the option to enable vibrate for what you guys call the v-stick and the other action buttons during gameplay. Check out Seluco’s Mame4droid on Google Play. When you’re knee-deep in the action, you need to know your fingers are right where they need to be, at all times!

Mame4droid has a 4-axis joystick. When an axis is crossed, it vibrates just a bit. When the stick returns to dead center, it vibrates just a bit. It also has action buttons that vibrate a bit when depressed, and vibrate a bit again when they are released. The entire haptic feature is toggled by an Options/Settings/Input/Enable Vibrate On Keypress checkbox.

Back to Dungeon Quest. You could add a similar toggle in the menu under Options/Controls. I noticed that most of the Options submenus have 4 buttons, but in Options/Floor there are 5 buttons, so it could fit.

Okay so the big question, why? More accurate v-stick control. It looks like Dungeon Quest has an 8-way controller, but it’s difficult to tell when I’ve crossed an axis. Fights are more hectic. Also, navigating by map results in what I can only describe as “drift”: I’m pushing the v-stick in a direction and finding it challenging to maintain that direction. Those vibrations would come in handy. Yeah I could use touch to navigate, but the v-stick works for me.

The game is phenomenal. Just my thoughts.

That’s pretty cool, honestly haven’t even seen that before but it seems to make sense. Vibration support, in general, is something we’ve yet to put in but have at least planned on it. We’re definitely for adding sensory feedback like that and other effects like screen shake, with options to turn them off/on of course.

As an aside, we’ve have been implementing actual controller support and it’s by far the best way to experience the game so far. That should be in Patch 1.4, along with many other goodies. I know most players probably don’t have something like the Moga controller, but I’d recommend it for sure. If we get the time during the next patch cycle, we’ll look at the control features you mentioned as well.

Thanks for the feedback Xin!

The way the character now seems to draw a bead on the nearest mob is a nice feature.

Cool, glad you like it! Users have been asking for a feature like that, while we didn’t want to turn the game into a “twin stick” shooter SteigerBox did the current implementation instead.

We think it worked out really well!

i spent 1million gold
in my epic hammer trying to get frenzy and bloodbath mods
but got 3 useless mods and rest rather useful ,pressed the remove properties it removes everything

will DQ implement better modes of crafting so that it removes one properties or the properties that we want it gone

thanks

If you can remove one affix only or even choose which affix there would be no gambling and everybody had full end game gear pretty easy.
Alltough i would like it, it would take out an immense amount of the time you spent ingame.

[quote=“sas90”]If you can remove one affix only or even choose which affix there would be no gambling and everybody had full end game gear pretty easy.
[/quote]

Very much this. That said, we’d love to get in a more “choose your own” affix system in, likely using something close to d2 runes where it is random drop based and you need the dropped component to craft/slot.