Whirlwind + attackspeed

Hey guys! I really need your opinion on this tread… Does attackspeed affect the hit frequency of whirlwind?

I really don’t think so.

No one replied so i experiment on it… The animation of whirlwind speed up drastically. He makes 6-7 spins now… But i cant confirm the attack frequency

Omg. You are right rubik. It doesnt change my hit counts… Thanks a bunch

Attack frequency is something you cannot achieved by increasing attack speed.
Only way would be spending hero point if it has impove attack frequency. :smile:

From what illuriouz said, I thought of the lance Charge special and how Hpoints also increase its “attack frequency.” So I’d say that attack speed is probably not able to affect any Specials in general. Much like Extra Attack Chance, it’s probably primary skills only that gain the effects of AS.

[quote=“Rubik”]From what illuriouz said, I thought of the lance Charge special and how Hpoints also increase its “attack frequency.” So I’d say that attack speed is probably not able to affect any Specials in general. Much like Extra Attack Chance, it’s probably primary skills only that gain the effects of AS.[/quote] +1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attack speed does not increase the hit frequency of whirlwind but reduced cooldown does. Adding 40% cooldown reduction made the hit frequency go from 1.1 to 1.9 for me which substantially increases the dps.

+1

You’re right, it would. I never thought of that, that’s a great tip.

Although I don’t know why it would actually be changing the hit frequency. Besides the math there doesn’t add up either, 1.1 +40% should only be 1.54. Whirlwind hits an X number of times per cast only, whether you’re still spinning or not. So the sooner you can recast the sooner you would hit again.

I have no idea why either found out while experimenting, in about 30 minutes I am going to post about my first whirlwind build with a decent amount of information that could help new players.