Who are your comedy hero's?

Mine are laurel and hardy, Monty python, the Marx brothers, Peter cook and Dudley moore, Bill hicks, erold Lloyd and sacha baron cohen

2 Likes

Add Paul whitehouse, Paul Merton , dawn french, Jennifer saunders, Ronnie barker, David jason, Jim reeves, Bob mortimer, Harry enfield, Adrian Edmondson, Matt lucas and Katherine tate

1 Like

hmmmmmm I have never really thought about it. But Rodney Dangerfield is a good one, Bill Murray, pretty much everyone in the Police Story/Airplane movies…hilarious.

Growing up I liked Jim Carey (although his isn’t that funny anymore), lots of the folks on SNL (Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, David Spade, etc).

Recently I have really liked Steve Carroll (the shows/movies he has produced not necessarily the movies he acts in…although the office was good and Angie Tribeca is a fantastically hilarious show to me.

Also…I am terrible at spelling so if those peoples names are wrong…apologies to those folks :wink:

5 Likes

I’d have to say Steve Martin, Phil Hartman (RIP), and George Carlin (RIP)…

2 Likes

Steve Martin in the jerk was funny

2 Likes

And I adore Bill Murray in Ghostbusters. I saw that film when it first came out and i still love it. And off topic , I love the gremlins films

2 Likes

A few more. Gene Wilder, Chris Farley, Chevy Chase, Mel Brooks, Don Rickels, Tim Hawkins, and the entire cast of Carol Burnett Show.

2 Likes

Gene wilder in blazing saddles , young frankenstien , stir crazy etc

3 Likes

One of my favourite comedy films is an American werewolf in London. Absolutely terrified me as a teenager. Still makes me jump. But still funny in a dry way

1 Like

I liked the first half of silver streak with Gene Wilder and Richard Prior. The second half dragged a bit. First half was hillarious

Mia khalifa my hero