Wizard with Spell Sword?

Okay so… I’m kind of torn… I love playing with my Wizards. I even deleted my 97 Warrior when 1.6 arrived to make My 2nd wizard. I am afraid I can’t turn back time and save my spell sword chest piece. I am saving what’s in my Google wallet for a few 1.7 purchases, is it worth it to get the warrior just to farm for a spell sword? OK so I guess this is a “theory craft” but it’s going to consume money a lot of time…

I use an Aftermath and Mirror image combo on my main wizard. It’s supported by Ascendent and blood magic. I have plagued on my pet. (I’m working in cosmic power and Permafrost). As soon as I get the crystals I’ll attach set items to both nadroji. I changed my Orbs special to Mirror. I get 3 meteors every 1.8 sec and the two mirror image meteors lower enemy’s resistance. I love what’s going on so far but is Spell sword going to help me? I imagine if it get the warrior chest piece and convert it for my wizard I’d get the meteor proc and the outher epic effects look positive for my build. This also opens my weppon slot for my gauntlet, it has permafrost and that lovely frostbite :smile:.

Any advice? I’ve plenty more information if you need it. I’m willing to invest the time but I don’t want to waste my time… Thanks in advance :smile:

1 Like

Too much… words… sorry!

“Wizard with spellsword” : great because SS got some overpowered effects (dmg, hp, resist by dodge% blabla) :unamused:

[quote=“Diieter”]Too much… words… sorry!

“Wizard with spellsword” : great because SS got some overpowered effects (dmg, hp, resist by dodge% blabla) :unamused:[/quote]
I just wanted to explain the situation… Is my wording/description confusing?

[quote=“Iron”][quote=“Diieter”]Too much… words… sorry!

“Wizard with spellsword” : great because SS got some overpowered effects (dmg, hp, resist by dodge% blabla) :unamused:[/quote]
I just wanted to explain the situation… Is my wording/description confusing?[/quote]

A bit too long for me :laughing:

[quote=“Diieter”][quote=“Iron”][quote=“Diieter”]Too much… words… sorry!

I just wanted to explain the situation… Is my wording/description confusing?[/quote]

A bit too long for me :laughing:[/quote]
At least your honest haha. Is there only one way to get the SS on my wizards chest? By converting a warrior piece? Please share your knowledge with me :smile:

Oh that was the thing? well yeah you’ve to get an armor from warrior with spellsword and convertizing it into a wizard piece :smile:

Honesty is the key!

[quote=“Diieter”]Oh that was the thing? well yeah you’ve to get an armor from warrior with spellsword and convertizing it into a wizard piece :smile:

Honesty is the key![/quote]
Gosh that’s going to take a long time… I hope it’s worth it… Thanks again Diieter

[quote=“Iron”][quote=“Diieter”]Oh that was the thing? well yeah you’ve to get an armor from warrior with spellsword and convertizing it into a wizard piece :smile:

Gosh that’s going to take a long time… I hope it’s worth it… Thanks again Diieter[/quote]

And I’m still hopping for a SS nerf :laughing:

[quote=“Diieter”][quote=“Iron”][quote=“Diieter”]Oh that was the thing? well yeah you’ve to get an armor from warrior with spellsword and convertizing it into a wizard piece :smile:

Gosh that’s going to take a long time… I hope it’s worth it… Thanks again Diieter[/quote]

And I’m still hopping for a SS nerf :laughing:[/quote]
Seriously? Is it that OP? is it going to be a waste of my time/money/crystals to go thru with it??

[quote=“Iron”]
Seriously? Is it that OP? is it going to be a waste of my time/money/crystals to go thru with it??[/quote]

Increases DMG, All Resists, and Total MP% by 20% per rank of your total Dodge

20% x 8 = 160% of total dodge (which is capped at 60%) = 100%
So basically, it double your DMG, Allres and totalMP% just by having it capped at (8) … op.

Well when you look at it that way… It would have been godly combined with my level 32 Insight, Cosmic power and Ascendent… I might just stay away. It’s starting to feel like a cheat.

You understand now why i’m against this set affix and why I’m asking for a nerf
And also why most of warriors are using this affix and QQing when I’m talking about a nerf :unamused:

[quote=“Diieter”][quote=“Iron”]
Seriously? Is it that OP? is it going to be a waste of my time/money/crystals to go thru with it??[/quote]

So basically, it double your DMG, Allres and totalMP% just by having it capped at (8) … op.[/quote]
In my opinion,“8set affix ” is just like crystal affix which is an “endgame” content. Your example is too extreme.

If you use this kind of extreme situation as example, momentum should be the first set affix to be nerf.

Momentum is based on the moving speed on gear now . The max moving speed for a warrior is 170%(6 legend affix + 6ms + 40zealous). Under 8 momentum,the attack will increase 170%*4= 680%.

[quote=“DLLM”][quote=“Diieter”][quote=“Iron”]

So basically, it double your DMG, Allres and totalMP% just by having it capped at (8) … op.[/quote]
In my opinion,“8set affix ” is just like crystal affix which is an “endgame” content. Your example is too extreme.

If you use this kind of extreme situation as example, momentum should be the first set affix to be nerf.

Momentum is based on the moving speed on gear now . The max moving speed for a warrior is 170%(6 legend affix + 6ms + 40zealous). Under 8 momentum,the attack will increase 170%*4= 680%.[/quote]
First I’d like to start out by saying that I originally was looking for the “extreme” or “end game” product…

I understand what your saying about Momentum. Here’s where I see the problem tho. It’s mainly focused on Movement speed and attack.

Check this out tho…
Spell sword on my wizard is going to increase (1) Attack (2) ALL Resistance (3) Mana.

Most Wizards Use Blood Magic so there is a HUGE increase to Health there. (Once that broken mana shield is fixed I’m shure more will convert). Let’s not even go into the bonus combo of125% Mana boost from Cosmic Power…

I use Ascendent and that increases my all resistance by an additional 62.5%… If you get the proper build with Blood Magic you get a base +294 All resistance…

While useing Insight it’s possible to get 32-40% dodge. Thus freeing up epic effects slots in place of ONE talent. Plus Insight gives you mana percentage for every dodge.

This still is no “end game” set up. There are 3 more possible sets to add to this!! Aftermath to fully boost the Meteor from SS! It can also cool your time warp so it keeps up with you!!!
You can go as far as to add Plagued and Permafrost to the build just for that extra pow

Way overkill. It’s just too much. I’ve been so focused on making an amazing wizard but I kind of think it makes it possible to just get bored…

1 Like

[quote]

Momentum is based on the moving speed on gear now . The max moving speed for a warrior is 170%(6 legend affix + 6ms + 40zealous). Under 8 momentum,the attack will increase 170%*4= 680%.[/quote]

I know momentum is kinda overpowered, but it only boost the damage, and you’re using/wasting already X slots :

• 2slots : 2 setnumbers by nadorji (max 4)
  • 4slots : 1 momentum on each item
  • 6slots : for the movement speed

So you’re already using/wasting 12/36 slots for this. You’ve to think that some affixes are also took by “dmg+” “DMG%” etc…
You’re boosting your damage (hugely indeed) but it’s only about your damage, not resistance, HP etc, so it’s overpowered but less than SS so far :unamused:

[quote=“Iron”]
First I’d like to start out by saying that I originally was looking for the “extreme” or “end game” product…

I understand what your saying about Momentum. Here’s where I see the problem tho. It’s mainly focused on Movement speed and attack.

Check this out tho…
Spell sword on my wizard is going to increase (1) Attack (2) ALL Resistance (3) Mana.

Most Wizards Use Blood Magic so there is a HUGE increase to Health there. (Once that broken mana shield is fixed I’m shure more will convert). Let’s not even go into the bonus combo of125% Mana boost from Cosmic Power…

I use Ascendent and that increases my all resistance by an additional 62.5%… If you get the proper build with Blood Magic you get a base +294 All resistance…

While useing Insight it’s possible to get 32-40% dodge. Thus freeing up epic effects slots in place of ONE talent. Plus Insight gives you mana percentage for every dodge.

This still is no “end game” set up. There are 3 more possible sets to add to this!! Aftermath to fully boost the Meteor from SS! It can also cool your time warp so it keeps up with you!!!
You can go as far as to add Plagued and Permafrost to the build just for that extra pow

Way overkill. It’s just too much. I’ve been so focused on making an amazing wizard but I kind of think it makes it possible to just get bored…[/quote]

Love this guy!