[1.8 Build] Putrefactive Pellet build for Rogues

Concept:

This is a standard “Glasscannon” type build with standard ways to survive: Stunlocking, Damage Immunity and Free Respawn. The theme of this build is revolving around ultrafast hit speed, and activating extremely useful but low chance affixes at an alarming rate. Realistically speaking, no human can get that fast with her fingers pulling triggers at that speed. If so, just imagine her good times :laughing:

DISCLAIMER This is NOT for people looking for a billions damage build. Sure, Crushing Blow can deal billions in the starting flurries but this is still not a billions build. If you are one of those, kindly leave. Now.

Element/Elemental Critical of Choice:

POISON/TOXIC/BLIGHT — Clearly the most underrated element. Now this is a surprise. Poison effect is retardedly useless BY ITSELF. However, when paired with Toxic, Blight, some specific affixes, AND a very fast weapon, the end result is an awesomesauce stacking spike damage goodness. Plus, it’s the only elemental crit that stacks, literally. Not as effective on moving targets but they will be stunlocked anyway, so no problems here.
SHOCK/HIGH VOLTAGE — Shock has a “Tenderizing” effect (+damage received debuff) which boosts all sources of damage! High Voltage has a much more accessible activation condition (stun) than the other Elemental Criticals, which ultimately simplifies the setup! With the exception of a certain terrible wormy abomination, no other thing could possibly go wrong while using this element!

Skills of choice:

RICOCHET [30-40] — Possibly the fastest skill in terms of hit rate. We’re using this for the “ultrafast” part of the concept. Duh
TWISTER [Ambered] — Personal favorite, and an extremely useful utility. High hit speed, slow movement speed, good area of effect. Can (1) sweep epics+ to nullify their “Attacks of Opportunity” while repositioning — Teleport? Cheap Bolts? No problem, twister deals with them while you move to another place peacefully. Can also (2) briefly sweep current target group to deal with enemy in flanks. Ricochet, with max Multi attacks and some Extra attacks, executes in a “Fan” spread. It can only do much in terms of coverage, what terrible things will happen to the Rogue if she gets flanked?!
VAULT/SWAP [0] — Now this is interesting. Vault has a blind debuff, is usable anytime and is precise in direction but has shorter range. Swap has a stun debuff, has a longer range but can only be used on rare- enemies and is not very precise in direction. Any of the two works. Really. Swear.
STEALTH [0+] — This is a no-brainer. Since this is a standard “glasscannon” build, we’ll also want more options for survival. However this is just a panic button, or a “Plan B”, if you may. More details below.

Talents of choice:

PISTOLEER [20] — Gun build, gun talent. Recycles stray bullets.
STAGGER/REBOUND [20] — Mob stare fest amidst the rain of criticals is also a method of survival. Those who cannot move cannot kill. What’s not to like? Invokes “Free” activation of High Voltage too. Can be substituted with REBOUND [20], which is a terrific DPS boost in terms of multi-target takedowns.
PROPULSION/ENSNARING [20] — “Not stunned?! GTFO. Stunned?! Die.” If using poisons and shit, ENSNARING [20] is a viable alternative for stunlocking.
AMBUSH [20] — 20% Free offhand spawn. Yes please!

Core Affixes of choice:

MULTI ATTACK [4] — Did I already say the ultrafast part? Uhuh.
CRUSHING BLOW [30+] — This is one of the “extremely useful but low chance” affixes. Now this is one of the affixes I rarely see in builds. This affix has a “Tenderizing” effect. Since we are using a weapon with an ultrafast hit speed here, this helps in chopping down the HP of mobs at an alarming rate.
EXPLOSIVE [800+] — This is one of the “extremely useful but low chance” affixes. Spike damage.
PLAGUED [5] — It’s rare to see this set to be actually used for its poison effects. It boosts blight clouds MULTIPLICATIVELY. Even if only against a single target, it will raise the base poison tick to 225% (ummm… 12.5% x 2.25 = 27.5% per tick!), also boosting our lovely blight clouds AND explosive activations. Boost from additional enemies are just icing on top of the cake!
DEADLY ARTS [5] — This is one of the “extremely useful but low chance” affixes too. Stealth CD reset.
DEADLY STRIKE [60] — Might as well sell your Deadly Arts item if there is no Deadly Strike.
GLASSCANNON [50] — Floor 1000+ is a harsh place for EHP suckers. Why not go all out? If it’s kill or be killed, just kill faster! :laughing:
ATTACK SPEED [60] — There’s no “ultrafast” without this.
RICOCHET [5-10] — Boosts the Ricochet. It’s generally a good idea to have at least two affix slots for these, unless there are more important stuff to replace them with.
SHOCK DAMAGE+ [5000-15000] — Boosts pellet damage per instance. Extremely good damage boost for our weapon with an ultrafast hit speed.
— Boosts the Ricochet, Boosts the Ambush Traps. Two birds in one stone!
— Free respawn every 30 seconds… well not really because DoT still ticks after “respawing”. “Glasscannon” players should not have their characters die often in the first place, but shit happens.
BLOOD MAGIC [5] — Merges two resource pools to one for less headaches. Godly damage boost.
RAGE [5] — Merges five affix slots (or two crystal affix slots) worth of +Crit damage% affixes.
MOVE SPEED [20+] — Say, if this is dodgeball, the faster one has better chances. Generally speaking, more move speed is always desirable for many other things like clearing the map faster than usual.
HIGH VOLTAGE [200+], SHOCK DAMAGE [200+] — Damage.
MOMENTUM [5] — I’m not entirely sure how this works. It says 62.5% of movement speed converts to damage boost but it almost tripled all DPS! I’m guessing that this affix works on the inner parts of the damage formula but honestly I don’t care. It’s pure awesomesauce beef, and I’m not complaining!

Heroic Levels of choice: (In order of importance)

RICOCHET [20]
STRENGTH [20] — This may be a bit awkward and utterly worthless for a glasscannon build, but we need a base armor for Rage. Also gives a little more HP to use.
LUCK [20] — More loot for a loot game.
DEXTERITY [20] — A little bit of everything nice: Dodge, Move speed, Cooldown reduction.
STEALTH [20] — Gives Stealth a little more activation time, but not actually as important as other heroic skills.

Skill points:

POWER [299] — Gives DPS and a total base dodge of 25%. Since mana and health beyond a certain base amoint are useless for this build, and since this stat is the favored stat of rogues which give off some dodge, we’re using this.

Pros:

•Extreme hit speed
•Simple point-and-shoot goodness
•Can be edited with exchangeable parts easily
•Very high activation rate of low chance affixes
•Consistent, reliable stream of damage almost all the time

Cons:

•Cannot incorporate procs
•Slightly limited directional range
•Not for those kinds of players who get “hit too often”
•If using shock element, can’t get rid of pesky terrible wormy abominations as fast as the others

Gameplay video:

Poison Build: Dungeon Quest: Floor 1116, [Putrefactive Pellet] build
Shock Build: Dungeon Quest: Floor 1048, [Volatile Pellet] build

2 Likes

momentum ?
pick vanish instead of stealth proc.
+5 all skills, thats my suggestions, im in a hurry, lol

[quote=“kairou4ever”]momentum ?
+5 all skills, thats my suggestions, im in a hurry, lol[/quote]

I actually tried vanish proc in salivating anticipation, only to find out that it only procs when using offhand, or at least just effectively when using offhand… during the 30 seconds that I tested it with pistols, it did not proc, not even once. Afterwards I just ditched the whole idea lol

If free slots and/or pets allow for max movespeed then I may include momentum too :smiley:

You have stated that you will mostly rely on procs, just add all the procs then and add an set affix that will increase all procs by rank. A Cataclysm ring should grant enough proc affixes.

Cool concept, I already have an OH with 400% Explosive, I may try this once I obtain another of the same affix on my equips.

Is ice not an alternate element to shock? Ice too can stun(freeze to be exact, and increase damage via frostbitting)

Love to see this concept finished. Keep updating!

[quote=“lordknightstradmore”]You have stated that you will mostly rely on procs, just add all the procs then and add an set affix that will increase all procs by rank. A Cataclysm ring should grant enough proc affixes.

Cool concept, I already have an OH with 400% Explosive, I may try this once I obtain another of the same affix on my equips.

Is ice not an alternate element to shock? Ice too can stun(freeze to be exact, and increase damage via frostbitting)

Love to see this concept finished. Keep updating![/quote]

The concept was to trigger the on attack procs as often as possible. I intend to stay away from the attack per second procs because they can only trigger per second, and reasonably so (I remember lagging my device with flurry and twister a year ago lol)

So far, the only on attack procs are: Explosive, Crush and Weaken (not sure if I missed anything else) so if resources allow, the relieved affixes go to Explosive and %Element damage.

Shock was chosen over ice for the shock effect (-50% dmg debuff on mobs). Ice has greater cc but is not needed because everything that has no Malum in its name can already be stunlocked. Both have High Voltage and Frostbiting which amplifies damage dealt on the duration of elem crit but with shock effect, shock has been chosen. I also read from another thread that other sources of stun (stagger, ensnaring, etc) activates High Voltage, correct me if I’m mistaken though.

[quote=“ocenyx”][quote=“kairou4ever”]momentum ?

I actually tried vanish proc in salivating anticipation, only to find out that it only procs when using offhand, or at least just effectively when using offhand…[/quote]

This is because pistols are horrible with Procs. As stated in their description, Procs are PER SECOND not PER ATTACK. Search up Proc mechanics for more details. That being said, Explosive is a not a proc and you should remove all procs from your guide unless you are going to give them recommendations on how to use procs effectively with pistols.

You should remove Vampiric Touch and Plague for more offensive sets as Rogues have access to Immortality… Hint: There is a reason why Acendent Legends have this affix.

Why are you using +4 extra attack? Why get a CHANCE for more attacks when Multi-attack will ALWAYS give you more attacks. Do you really think an Epic Affix can compare to a Legendary one? Sparing the details, just a +2 Multi-Attack alone gives you more DPS AND Hit/s than a +4 EAC. Read the EAC description in the Dictionary or seach up EAC mechanics for more info.

Those are critical flaws of your build. Remeber Explosion is NOT a proc so you should abuse this fact. Play around with it more, you will find amazing properties. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Unities”][quote=“ocenyx”][quote=“kairou4ever”]momentum ?

I actually tried vanish proc in salivating anticipation, only to find out that it only procs when using offhand, or at least just effectively when using offhand…[/quote]

This is because pistols are horrible with Procs. As stated in their description, Procs are PER SECOND not PER ATTACK. Search up Proc mechanics for more details. That being said, Explosive is a not a proc and you should remove all procs from your guide unless you are going to give them recommendations on how to use procs effectively with pistols.

You should remove Vampiric Touch and Plague for more offensive sets as Rogues have access to Immortality… Hint: There is a reason why Acendent Legends have this affix.

Why are you using +4 extra attack? Why get a CHANCE for more attacks when Multi-attack will ALWAYS give you more attacks. Do you really think an Epic Affix can compare to a Legendary one? Sparing the details, just a +2 Multi-Attack alone gives you more DPS AND Hit/s than a +4 EAC. Read the EAC description in the Dictionary or seach up EAC mechanics for more info.

Those are critical flaws of your build. Remeber Explosion is NOT a proc so you should abuse this fact. Play around with it more, you will find amazing properties. :p[/quote]

I appreciate you being here, I always learn something new with you around :smiley:

Explosive seemed to be a proc. It started to proc a lot when I added Master to my gear.

On multi attack, maybe it’s personal preference because of the bullet spread but when I get +4 from rubies I certainly won’t delete them.

I will look around some more for immortality of rogues.

[quote=“ocenyx”]
On multi attack, maybe it’s personal preference because of the bullet spread but when I get +4 from rubies I certainly won’t delete them.[/quote]

The bullets spread with EAC as well. Also you do not need to look for Rubies. The Overload set gives you plenty of +2 Multi attack. Or jasper a Vengence Shield.

If you are looking for something fun to do (not very efficient but fun), use a low DMG weapon go on a Mythic 3 map gather up as many enemies as want watch the chain reaction of explosions. :stuck_out_tongue: This is just an example of things you can abuse with the fact that Explosive is not a Proc. There are a lot of fun and creative ways to use Explosive. I know you will enjoy playing around with this build.

The thing I like the most about the explosive build is that it gives pistols AoE.

[quote=“Unities”]
If you are looking for something fun to do (not very efficient but fun), use a low DMG weapon go on a Mythic 3 map gather up as many enemies as want watch the chain reaction of explosions. :stuck_out_tongue: This is just an example of things you can abuse with the fact that Explosive is not a Proc. There are a lot of fun and creative ways to use Explosive. I know you will enjoy playing around with this build.[/quote]

One thing I noticed at first was Bleed tick also triggers Explosive. I was surprised when there was a pink explosion even if my toon was not wearing arcane gear.

A few minutes earlier I tried ascendent with more explosive and high voltage (MH: Shock, OH: Arcane Ascendent) +Elem Crit legend affix item (some elsa or anna item) and I enjoyed the disco :smiley: I’m sure there are other unorthodox ways to play Explosive but I can’t think up of something very unique yet.

…which in turn reduced my EHP to half a million, less than a tenth of before. Can I get more hints of the Rogue immortality you mentioned earlier?

Nope, just look through Rogue guides n stuff

I’ll just assume it is Stealth, Veil 40, and 5 socketed Time (since Deadly Arts was already edited)

Time to farm I guess :laughing:

Hey [color=#FF8000]Unities[/color], I cooked up an ideal version and added Terrashaper along with capped Explosive, and a 0-downtime stealth. I removed all procs. It certainly looks good on paper but I’ll never know. How does it look?

This is a waste of 5 affixes. <.< You need better math skills. XD

You only need 2 Time Mythstones anyways. Dexterity reduces CD and leveling up Stealth increases duration. But 1 Crystal CD reduction from either Obsidian, or Crystal versions of Illusion, Elixir, Mind Trick, Will of the Force, Projection or Persona is best.

Also just Veil 20 is needed… At Veil 30, you only need 1 time Mythstone. +10 assassin/all talent is very nice. (Hint: Get an Elixir. =p Best way to get an Elixir? Go to floor 5 and kill the boss repeatedly for the boss feat. XD)

I personnally do not go this route. And yes it is intended for rogues to be able to go perma Stealth. There are things that bypass it so be careful (IE: watch out for falling rocks of doom).

Terrashaper is nice since it is on Attack. But it is melee so if u r ok with facing enemies in melee range go for it.

This is a waste of 5 affixes. <.< You need better math skills. XD

You only need 2 Time Mythstones anyways. Dexterity reduces CD and leveling up Stealth increases duration. But 1 Crystal CD reduction from either Obsidian, or Crystal versions of Illusion, Elixir, Mind Trick, Will of the Force, Projection or Persona is best.

Also just Veil 20 is needed… At Veil 30, you only need 1 time Mythstone. +10 assassin/all talent is very nice. (Hint: Get an Elixir. =p Best way to get an Elixir? Go to floor 5 and kill the boss repeatedly for the boss feat. XD)

I personnally do not go this route. And yes it is intended for rogues to be able to go perma Stealth. There are things that bypass it so be careful (IE: watch out for falling rocks of doom).

Terrashaper is nice since it is on Attack. But it is melee so if u r ok with facing enemies in melee range go for it.[/quote]

Yes I only noticed recently while salivating on the list of crystal affixes :laughing:

Update (somehow I feel obliged to see this through to the very end)

I changed some parts of the original plan and decided to take the Glasscannon/Dodge/Stealth/Sanctuary path… and it’s awesome! No billions to be seen but things die as fast as I want them to.

80% complete. Will update this thread when I get my hands on some obsidians… believe it or not I never got a single freaking Obsidian since eons ago! But I managed to get my hands on some rubies, so I guess I got the blessing of RNGesus, even if not as much.

I may also include a video once the build is completed but this build is very simple and straightforward that any person with decent amounts of imagination can visualize what happens :laughing:

1 Like

Your updated build is nice. I like the choice of Stealth Glasscannon. :stuck_out_tongue:

It does not seem like you updated your pics but:

1. you cannot get legendary weapon dmg on guns (its not very effective on guns anyways so not much is lost since guns have low base DMG). Look at legendex.
  2. you cannot get legendary ED% on head or ring. Look at legendex.
  3. you do not need the +20 viel
  4. you have Ascendant (lovely choice) so switch to Arcane weapon and remove ignore resist. The dps decrease is negligible (at most ~30% less DPS against a monster that resists all element but these are near impossible to find).
  5. I do not know how far into the build you are but mythics will help you out a lot.
  6. No Trickster + Mirror image proc? Yes guns get decreased proc chances but you are still uzing Vault and Stealth even buccanneer at times no?
  7. With the high hits/s and Deadly Arts, you might not need the CD reduction affix.
  8. a single +2Extra attack chance is still worth it (increases your hits/s by 0.75 AVG).
  9. If you replace the +20 Veil for +20 Mirage, you will be able to get 99.5 hits/s AVG from your multi, eac and illusions not including bounces, elemental crits, explosions, and the other fun stuff. XD

This is my ideal play plan at the moment:

I will incorporate some more mythics when resources allow, as suggested. Skilled affix seems like an excellent mythic to add!

Ever since I incorporated ricochet, glasscannon and shock damage to this build the DPS became thrice as much:

Since it was discussed before that avoidance is better than mitigation for rogues, and since my rogue was beyond the point that she gets OHKO by epics, then the play plan has been changed drastically in favor of DPS, dodge and revival.

I also did not proceed with Arcane and just stuck with Shock and High Voltage instead… malums are still the Achilles’s heel of this build but not as tedious as before due to glasscannon and ricochet affixes.

Not playing that much Rogue but ain’t 26k HP a bit glasscanonned especially past 500? :dieter:

That is indeed the case, 26k HP is as soft as wet tissues that any source of damage can kill it :laughing:

That’s why Stunlocking, dodge, stealth (to some extent) and revival are the key to her survival in the big bad dungeons

In my opinion it is too high. If you are getting hit as a rogue, you are playing the wrong class…

You can see from MrMaru’s guides, he only has about 11k HP:
m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=SiLpLMb2Yv0

My original build had 100% Glasscannon and survived EP8 500+ just fine. I was poor so it took me 10~20 min to clear the map. I had super low DPS. But survival was never an issue.

My current build only has 6k hp as it is a farming build. Sadly bugs and nerfs cases me to die to aoe effects a lot XD.

As long as, the OP has enough HP to cast Stealth and attack, he should be fine. He will need to change a few things once 1.9.0 arrives but survivability should not be an issue as long as he has stealth up when he is about to get hit. XD