Guide for many things (Includes 3M+DPS WIZ & 5.0M+ WAR)

This post will grow as I explore more Wizard build options and Affixes. Questions and input alike are welcome!

[size=200]This post is outdated and will be revised when I have time; I feel it is more important to leave it as is because it’s sufficient, even though outdated, and the completion of the dictionary would be more useful at this moment.[/size]

[color=#FF0000]Note:[/color] I very much enjoy helping find possible errors in DPS calculations, and want to do my best as a player to help the development team find things they may have overlooked to help improve quality of the game; I am not a tester, or associated in any way with the developers other than conversing and suggesting possible minor issues with the game.

EDIT: I am now a tester.

[color=#0000BF]RECENT CHANGES: (1/6/14)[/color]

• Added teleport wizard build, a viable build for killing and MF at floors 100+
  • Haven’t really updated this in a while, but i’ll get around to it. Tomorrow is my day off of work for once! =D
    Contents:
  1. Text guides
    a DPS
    b MF
    c re-rolling and cost efficiency
  2. Video guides
  3. Future info I want to add

Text guides

[color=#FF0000]EDITED:[/color]: I posted inaccurate info on DPS, based on disenchanted values, and misunderstanding of the DPS damage formula I was given. I will post the formula for DPS based on what I was provided with in chat by SteigerBox sometime tonight (12/11/13). I will continue to post some info on what I find, but keep in mind that I am just a player and enjoy sharing what I find. Thanks SteigerBox!

[quote=“SteigerBox”]Multipliers:
Gauntlet = 1.25
Staff = 1.5
Sword = 2
Wand = 1.5

Axe = 2.5
    Sword = 1.5
    Hammer = 1.5
    Lance = 5.5[/quote]

[color=#FF8000]Where I went wrong:[/color]On wizard weapons, as you can see, I actually accidentally mistook two variables as 1 (atk/secweapon multiplier), which turned out to be the values I listed, with the exception of the wand (1.751.5= 2.625, I had 2.63, and found it based on avg DPS (DPS displayed/((min+max)/2, DPS displayed varies slightly due to rounding though)). However, +Damage affix does still add damage to the weapon based on what I previously posted (4.5*+2000 damage affix would yield 9000 DPS to wand, but more if ATK SPD affix were to be involved). I will explore affixes more in depth and put it in the unverified section that follows this.)

[quote=“SteigerBox”]Here’s the base damage, increased attack speed, and animation speeds:

Gauntlet
Base Damage = 64

• Attack Speed = 0
    Animation Speed = 40

Staff
Base Damage = 45

• Attack Speed = 10
    Animation Speed = 40

Sword
Base Damage = 30

• Attack Speed = 20
    Animation Speed = 40

Wand
Base Damage = 27

• Attack Speed = 60
    Animation Speed = 40

Axe
Base Damage = 26

• Attack Speed = 15
    Animation Speed = 40

Sword
Base Damage = 24

• Attack Speed = 0
    Animation Speed = 18

Hammer
Base Damage = 110

• Attack Speed = 0
    Animation Speed = 82

Lance
Base Damage = 30

• Attack Speed = 20
    Animation Speed = 110

And the damage scaling formula:
Weapon Damage = (Base Damage + ( Base Damage * (Item Level*0.25) )) * math.max ( 1, Item Level/20 )[/quote]

The formula gives an average damage of the weapon. To find this value take ((minimum damage value + maximum damage value)/2). This formula does not account for +damage affix, etc. It only accounts for the base weapon DPS. This number will be multiplied by # of attacks/second, and the weapon multiplier to get weapon DPS value.

i.e. Steiger’s Fortune (does not have any + damage affixes on it). Lv 100; Min Dmg = 2925, Max Dmg = 4875; Weapon damage = (2925+4875)/2 = 3900; Weapon damage = (30 + (30 * (100 * 0.25)))* math.max (1, 100/5) = 3900; math.max will take the highest value, so if item level/20 is less than 1, then it will use 1 as the multiplier. 2.00 is coincidentally the number of atks/sec AND the multiplier, so take average damage per second and multiply it by these two values to find weapon DPS. Stieger’s Fortune DPS value: 2.002.00 = 4, 39004 = 15600 DPS. [color=#FF0000]Important note:[/color] if you have +% atk speed, then you need to factor that into your damage calculation for DPS; 2.00 = atk speed, but if +15%atk speed affix, then (2.5*.15)+2.0 = Atk Speed. In this case; 2.0 + 0.375 = 2.375; 2.37523900 = 18525; as you can see, with the flaw in atk speed calculations, the Lance of the warrior would heavily take a benefit from max atk speed (+60%). 60% atk speed on the lance = +1.5 atks/sec, which translates to 2.235.5 = over 12… (30+(3025))*5 = 3900, times 12.3, = 47,833. Obviously the lance has THE highest damage potential in the game right now.

[color=#FF8000]Unverified section:[/color]

[color=#0000FF]+DPS based on power stat:[/color] Seems to be a flat rate, separate from that of which is applied to stat page DPS from the weapon damage. Also seems to be affected by attack speed, as well as the weapon multiplier. Empower affects DPS here as well.

[color=#0000FF]+DPS based on weapon damage:[/color] Focus affects this, as well as plague if using a poison damage weapon. Many other things affect this, and I will work on understanding them.

[color=#FF40FF]Affixes:[/color]
[color=#FF40FF]+%ELEMENT or ARCANE damage:[/color]
(DPS provided by power + Weapon DPS) * (1+%Element dmg/100) * (1+%Challenge bonus Element Damage/100))

In English: Power DPS and Weapon DPS are separate, and affected by different mechanics. +%Element affix stacks multiplicatively with +%Element from challenge bonus, and these are applied after all other affixes take effect (possibly multiplied once more by affixes such as glass cannon, blood magic, etc. ; I will check this out soon).
*Note that to make use of +%Element damage, equipment must share the element of that of the main-hand.

[color=#FF40FF]+%ATK SPD:[/color] (base # of atks/sec + (2.5* (1+%ATK SPD/100) - 2.5))
Currently, +%ATK SPD affects #of atks per second improperly on stat page. The formula should actually be (base # of atks/sec + (base# atks/sec * (1+%ATK SPD/100) - base# atks/sec), not sure if the resulting # of atks/sec is what is multiplied with the weapon multiplier.

[color=#FF40FF]+ Bolt Chance:[/color] Appears to actually reduce DPS on a weapon. Exact value unknown, but my best guess is by roughly 25% for +1 bolt chance, Further research is needed to find the reduction by +2 bolt chance, but I’ll be working on it.

MF:
100% - Challenge completion bonus;
300% - Equipment (if all have luck maxed at 50%)
75% - Shrine boost
100% - Luck boost purchase
0 to 175% from difficulty
Total possible: 750% (650 w/o Luck boost purchase, but you might as well to remove those ads right?)
For beginners, ignore this stat until roughly floor 50 or 60… the rolls for the stat are usually low in the beginning, but once the ball gets rolling, you’ll see drastic differences in the rarity as well as affixes of items. In my experience, higher end luck means higher chance of multiple epic affixes. That can translate to amazing gear on re-rolls, OR some good ol’ fashioned gold… which you need to re-roll things… lol and lots of it… if you’re a perfectionist like me… hahaha.
Adept: For those of you who are already on floor 100+ though, I’d just hunt for items right now that have the epic luck affix, then enchant it from there and re-roll it till you hit 50% luck. Once that’s done, you’ll notice the difference between 100% luck (from challenge bonus) and 200 to 400% luck.
Seiger’s Fortune: Item drop rate is only affected on mobs, not bosses. Bosses seem to always drop between 4-6 items, and it seems that it’s a set value. However, on magic, rare, and epic enemies, you may net extra drops per monster (5 magic monsters in a spawn, normally maybe 3 drop items… with it on, the chance that they drop 2 items increases, and if you get 2 items per 5 that spawn, that’s 10 items, and at least 20k gold in your pocket) Another note on it though, it unfortunately doesn’t work well on ignis, which is why my weapon of choice is still the gauntlet, even if he did manage to drop 9 items instead of 6 per kill (it takes FOREVER to kill him with orb and pierce… :frowning: ). But hey, get an item drop shrine with this weapon and you’ll really be in the money… even with 4 bags, on floors 100+ I have to empty my bags 2 times… 100% increase in drop rate ain’t a joke. Think of it as a luck/gold grind amplifier (spawn rate of magic or higher rarity enemies seems to be FAR higher on these floors). Against mobs, it’s overall, a great weapon if you can supplement it’s DPS with other equipment modifiers.
Another note MF: Rate of obtaining items is going to be determined by 2 things: How quickly you traverse the areas, and how quickly you defeat the enemies. Teleport orb gives the wizard a huge upper hand in this case, both for gaining XP, and legends. The key is to find a balance to how quickly you can kill enemies and the difficulty level. You want to kill them effortlessly and quickly, so up the difficulty to the point where it barely affects your killing speed, and you’ll have the most efficient setting for +MF/XP/gold per kill rate.
See Also: Notable, at the end of cost efficiency when re-rolling/enchanting section, it gives a little more info if you’re looking for specific legendaries

Re-rolling, enchanting, and cost efficiency

My method was simple for this, so that I wouldn’t waste countless hours grinding gold:

Wand and Staff (main) and Orb and Bracer (offhand) (Floor 1): Go here, put it on difficulty 8 if you have around 400-600k DPS, and find a suitable base for what you want to construct. (i.e. look for affixes you prefer, and keep looking till you find at least 2 or 3 of the epic affixes on the desired weapon). I say go to floor 1 for 2 reasons: 1. It’s a lot easier to kill enemies on high difficulty levels here and get a decent level 1 weapon for re-rolling. 2. It is FAR cheaper to enchant these items (100g per level, multiplied by base cost of adding enchantment per affix on weapon, this gets pricy when fizzling multiple times, or failing).

Also, keep in mind that when you have a weapon with desired affixes on them, UPLOAD YOUR DATA to the DQ account. THEN IF IT FAILS (It'll happen often) or removes desired affixes on remove affix, then you can download your data, and have the gold you left off with, along with desired affixes that were on the weapon and you can continue to re-enchant for desired stats. - Now, to complete the item list for lowest level to obtain...

Sword and gauntlets, or tomes and skulls (floor 6): You can get these weapons at lower levels than the floor level (i.e. lv 5 or 4 gauntlet found at floor 6 would be cheaper to enchant/re-roll/disenchant than a lv 6 gauntlet)

Robes and Headgear: Lowest obtainable floor also 6, but having plague/focus/amplify/etc. on them is unlikely at that level. It is possible though, but a pain if you’re looking for a specific one.

Rings and amulets (floor 31): although they are introduced in act 3, floor 11, they rarely have magnify/empower/etc. They are most easily found with those attributes on the next trip to act 3.

Notable: From my experience, items that are specific to an act on introduction are easier to find as legendary items in their respective acts. (i.e. swords with similar appearance of the legendary swords obsidian blade and seiger’s fortune is common in act 4, and you don’t see it before your first encounter with act 4 (floor 16), but seiger’s fortune blade itself seems to drop more often in that particular act of any floor (16-20, 36-40, 56-60, 76-80, 96-100, etc.) if the rarity generator works as I suspect, then it rolls base item on drop first, then the rarity of that particular item, meaning that you’ll find it easier if you encounter it’s base item type more)

Video guides

1. Mob strategy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ujNWFo6ZuE&feature=youtu.be
  2. Boss strategy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjCzB_T2Wg0&feature=youtu.be
  3. 3.0M DPS & oddity of + to bolt chance subtracting DPS:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db37nySHODE
  4. Luck Trick (Probably a bug): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kak9v6ehMM
    — Henchman will have a luck bonus (among other bonuses probably) based on last played difficulty as main character.
  5. Teleport&MF build: Implemented to give you the fastest mob killing and item farming experience I know of at this point. It’s fun watching gold fly everywhere when your drop rate is 100+ % :smile:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwGyOmsjjkQ&feature=youtu.be

–Note: + to bolt chance seems to depreciate larger DPS values to a greater extent. It’s hard to tell for sure because of different affixes, but 3.0M decreased to 2.03M by a weapon with almost double the DPS value is kinda fishy (same element/weapon type, as you will see in the video). I’ve tested this on disenchanted items as well. It’s been noted that it’ll be fixed in upcoming patches though. I am anxious to see how much that’ll boost overall DPS… Some values may end up extending into the 4 or 5M ranges, especially if DPS of all mainhand spells/offhand spells end up on the stats page.

• Other videos I eventually want to compose: Wizard Legion build (# of summons amplified by boosts and overall DPS… Seem’s deadly), DPS experimenting with Skull offhand, and experimenting with the legendary bracer with glass cannon, high mana, low HP (Almost a complete opposite of the blood magic affix, using high mana and defense to kill enemies with a thorn-like ability).

[color=#FF8000]WARRIOR DPS AFFIXES[/color]
[attachment=1]Warrior Affix DPS.jpg[/attachment]

As you can see, the affixes regarding talents are wizard talents, when I re-rolled, they changed to wizard talents, which means my DPS would actually be higher than displayed. When wizard talents are on warrior equipment, they have no effect.

Note: This took several hours of re-rolling, and after the fact as you can see, I am 1 decimal point off of capped attack speed. I gave up; The only talents that seem to matter for stat page DPS are Might and Stonecold, the ring with assault and amulet with wrath were just because they seem to be the more useful talents for high DPS.

Stats Page:
[attachment=0]Warrior Stats lvl 86.jpg[/attachment]

DPS displayed is without the shrine, with it is 5.30M

[color=#FF0000]UPDATE:[/color] After tweaking my items, and using the shrine, I achieved 7.81M DPS, I will post my items here when I have time, I swapped out affixes for stonecold (without re-rolling, because it forces a wizard affix, so I did this at item level 100 with enchant) then I ignored the atk spd cap % and added more atk spd.

1 Like

bump ,

Ooh. Sweet guide, commend the effort! :smile:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks primaeva! I will keep trying to update it as I go.

Very awesome! Thank you very much for all the effort!!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Multipliers:
Gauntlet = 1.25
Staff = 1.5
Sword = 2
Wand = 1.5

Axe = 2.5
    Sword = 1.5
    Hammer = 1.5
    Lance = 5.5

Hey Steiger, I know not everyone will find this information as useful as some, but base damage and anim speed for each weapon(main-hand) would be nice too whenever you have time to post it.

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the color code update!

Here are some of the key words that we use on youtube for our main trailer:
Mobile, RPG, ARPG, Android, iOS, Kindle, Shiny, Box, ipad, ipod, iphone, droid.

Here’s the base damage, increased attack speed, and animation speeds:

Gauntlet
Base Damage = 64

• Attack Speed = 0
    Animation Speed = 40

Staff
Base Damage = 45

• Attack Speed = 10
    Animation Speed = 40

Sword
Base Damage = 30

• Attack Speed = 20
    Animation Speed = 40

Wand
Base Damage = 27

• Attack Speed = 60
    Animation Speed = 40

Axe
Base Damage = 26

• Attack Speed = 15
    Animation Speed = 40

Sword
Base Damage = 24

• Attack Speed = 0
    Animation Speed = 18

Hammer
Base Damage = 110

• Attack Speed = 0
    Animation Speed = 82

Lance
Base Damage = 30

• Attack Speed = 20
    Animation Speed = 110

And the damage scaling formula:
Weapon Damage = (Base Damage + ( Base Damage * (Item Level*0.25) )) * math.max ( 1, Item Level/20 )

You’re the best Chris. Thanks man.

np :smiley:

Could you explain, why you prefer gauntlet and orb over other items.

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

I prefer gauntlet for twister, as it seems that it has a higher damage output for the enemies I’m targeting. However, orb has a similar effect, but does not reel in enemies. Also, orb appears to only hit certain bosses 1 time, instead of several times which yields a lower damage output. Comet doesn’t seem to deal as high of damage, especially when dealing with bosses. Barrage and storm are viable for fighting bosses though, but I have no weapons with +50% luck affix that have high damage yielding affixes on them. My main goal is to decimate enemies as fast as possible while obtaining high quality loot. The three things that matter in obtaining loot/gold:

1. %magic find
  2. Number of drops
  3. Number of kills / time

Side note: I only prefer orb because of the Stieger’s Fortune blade (+50% drop rate)

Finding the balance between difficulty levels helps with this. (I usually go with difficulty level 3 on floor 200 or 8 if grinding for low level weapons or gear for affix re-rolling)

Is +50%Item drop or +50% luck better/ more effective for farming?

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

Definitely 50% drops. I’m not sure where the intersect lies, but 1% of drop quantity is definitely worth more than 1% quality – speaking from generic RPG experience

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

[quote=“primaeva”]Definitely 50% drops. I’m not sure where the intersect lies, but 1% of drop quantity is definitely worth more than 1% quality – speaking from generic RPG experience

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Keep in mind, this only applies if you choose to grind mobs instead of the final boss which I show how to do in one of the videos I posted. Bosses tend to drop 6 items regardless of drop rate, hence why I use twister in my video since orb is less effective vs bosses. Drop rate however, has a great effect on magic mobs and rare or epic enemies since they don’t always drop 2 or more items each. So if grinding bosses, go for luck, if grinding mobs, what primaeva stated is absolutely true. (+50% items is better since you already have +100% luck from challenge bonus, after you pass 300% luck, you’re straddling the line of diminishing returns.) In other words, think of drop rate as a luck multiplier (maybe not exactly, but definitely close…) i.e. if you normally have a 2% chance of legend, and you have + 300% luck, you have a 6% chance to get a legend… but if you get +100% drop rate, and you get 200 items instead of 100, you’ll likely get 12 legends instead of 6. In this case it is almost as if you had 600% luck for the number of kills you got, hence why I say it is a luck multiplier.

From this, it can be derived that 1% drop rate is equal to 1% luck rate if luck starts at 0%, but as luck increases, drop rate becomes more and more effective.

In this case though you also get more gold from unwanted items, and drop rate applies also to gold piles. So the take home message: [color=#BF40FF]drop rate synergizes with both gold find AND luck, but seeing that gold per pile is rather small, the best method is in hunting and selling items.[/color]

Hi man, i see that u known a lot of this game, i have been playing it since beta and i wanna know how to equip better my mage xD its lvl 85 im over floor 180 and my dps its like 100k XD i play on difficulty4… i already saw ur guide and its pretty awesome! Nice build!

Im thinking on focus with this affixes: Hp, Hp increase%, Hp steal, Luck, Crit chance, Crit dmg.

For now my build is with talents with the tome and i go easyly trough map (only care about evade ramdom meteors and ranged atackers)
Can u guide me how to make a set of items like yours?

I also use build with amulet recall +legion on hat, and using off hand a skull… its pretty easy to go through, that way was i lvl up to 150floor+ xD then there was when i start to mix talents (mana shield build+blood magic +recall also does a nice job)

Lol… I have quite a similar build.

urlaub fürs gehirn

To make items like mine, you have to spend hours re-rolling. What I typically do is get around 10 to 30M gold, then max my luck on equips and monster power level 8, then I disenchant the lowest level item with the desired talent on it, and then I enchant/disenchant till the first affix is epic. After that, I go to the main menu, upload my save, then return to enchanting until the second affix is epic, if the first affix disappears, then I download my save file and go back and continue enchanting. Repeat until you get all 6 epic affixes you want. It will take about 1 to 10 hours for each item though. Another method to get a head start is to farm for items with the first few affixes that you want, and make sure they are epic. This method is generally easier.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk