The Question Thread

What’s wrong with cyclone mythic is it bugged? Help!!!

Last time I was using it was in 2.1 patch. It wasn’t working at all. Don’t know if it got fixed.

Demn wasted my crystals and myhtstones

It will work when it get fixed.

I hope it won’t take long :sob:

Is it possible to roll crystal affix + epic affix of the same kind?

Example: Crystal affix - 123 luck + Epic affix - 34 luck?

No. Only one at a time.

You can use this to your advantage - before using an Obsidian, fill all but one slot with rare/epic versions of affixes you don’t want but that Obsidian can give. You’re now more likely to get a good choice from the Obsidian!

1 Like

Some quick questions here.

1. How does frenzy work. Does the bleed get more stronger or do you just get more attack and move speed gained from frenzy if enemies bleed?
    I’m thinking another idea could be that if I have 50% move speed and say 45% attack speed, with frenzy, my move speed would be 50% × 1.5 = 75% and attack speed would be 45% × 1.5 = 67.5% attack speed I think
    if the enemy is bleeding. Sorry if I sound so dumb.
  2. I think fletcher increase the attack speed of the bow. Maybe if the bow has 45% attack speed and fletcher multiplies it by 20% so its 54% attack speed.

I’m in the dark when it comes to descriptions saying attack and move speed multiplier. Just want to be sure what it means before I use them in a build.

[quote=“moxyll, post:1067, topic:2345”]
You can use this to your advantage - before using an Obsidian, fill all but one slot with rare/epic versions of affixes you don’t want but that Obsidian can give. You’re now more likely to get a good choice from the Obsidian![/quote]

If I have a “hide of the faun”, and remove the empty socket slot, I can then use Obsidian to increase the likeliness of getting something from existing affixes?

Is this what you mean?

Can I elaborate.

If you want say 225% gold find on the hide of the faun, one thing you can do is use angelite or topaz to try and ge other affixes such as luck, mp/hp affixes, deadly strike, attack speed, etc.

This makes it so when you use obsidian, the options attack speed, mp/hp affixes, luck or whatever epic affix that can be in crystal form is not possible to appear on obsidian. This can force other options such as 225% gold find to more likely come up.

You can’t have two of the same affixes on one item. This means if the fauns gift hide has already got 75% luck, you cannot get 225% luck from obsidian.

If that faun gift has luck, attack speed, mp on hit, crushing blow, your obsidian will not get these options, forcing other options to appear such as 225% gold find for eg, maybe mp/hp regen options, armour.

I hppe you understand what I mean. To shorten it down, since you can’t have two of the same affixes, you can use this as an advantage to force other options.

Okay, understood. :smiley:

Thanks for clarifying

edit:
What’s better for Brutal mythic chest?
Sharpen Vs Might special talent? (50% crit dmg with sword/axe Vs 30% element dmg)
Crit Dmg Vs Deadly strike crystal affix?

1 Like

Of course. it does. All of those variables decrease damage. Having 30% Dodge is the same thing as having 30% Damage Reduction. The stat you see includes Damage reduction from everything.

Like I stated, there are MANY variables to an item. Things like the “Of Greed” Nature can in crease Gold Find on Gear. It is possible that the gear you removed had “Of Greed” Nature and the one you replaced it with did not. The equipments might have other things that affect your DMG like different Nature’s different IQ, different affixes, different item level and etc.

Thank you. I will look into it.

It is english. =P You will find it listed in any english dictionary. It is used very often in microeconomics. It is similar to “vice versa” but less used. XD

Thanks. I will look into it. Also, I will look into the Alchemy + Glasscannon bug too.

1. Your movement speed can never go below 100% unless you are slowed. If you had 50% Movement Speed bonus and 50% Attack Speed bonus (150% total for both), Frenzy will increase your Movement per second and your Attacks per second from 150% to 180%.

2. Yes Attack Speed Multiplier is a seperate variable that is multipled with the bonus you get from Attack Speed affixes.

If you do not have Crit, there is nothing for it Deadly Strike to boost. If you do not have Deadly Strike, there is nothing for Brutal to boost. Brutal does NOTHING without Crit. If you have Crit, it will still do NOTHING if you do not have Deadly Strike. There is no such thing as “what is better”. It is like asking what is better for you Water or Air? You need BOTH to live.

Now you are asking “What is better: Food, Water or Air?”. Again you need all 3 to live. I don’t think anyone here will teach you math or economics and show you how to optimize polynomial equations.

1 Like

As for “what’s better?”, I would think that depends entirely on what your build is like. If you’re using a considerable amount of affix at +element damage then a bonus 30% element damage would be good, but then are you using a sword/axe to gain from Might? What damage is it doing? Does it outweigh the damage boost you would get from 30% Elem dmg?

Again, to answer your questions someone would need to know what you’re using. Try posting screenshots of your gear in the build help section of the forum.

1 Like

What it comes down to is Polynomial Optimization. If someone is willing to teach him that, great.

1 Like

I didn’t know that. Thanks. How does it be 150% and then turn into 180% though? Also I misread frenzy. It actually gives 10% attack and 10% move speed multiplier at 20.

At rank 40, it gives a 20% multiplier. 150%*1.2=180%.

Ahh ok. At rank 20: 150% × 1.1 = 165%. It means my move speed and attack speed overall increases. Maybe if I had 50% of both move and attack speed, at 20, it becomes 65%. At least now I know it doesn’t affect bleed dmg in the slightest :slight_smile: and it just affects your default attack and move speed when enemies bleed. Seema ok I guess. Easy maxed out attack speed without epiphany and some more move speed in general.

Do not confuse Attack Speed Multiplier and Attack Spd Affix. The former has no cap and the latter has a cap of 60%.

I guess that’s the same case scenario for move speed multiplier the former has no cap while latter has cap 100% .

A question I’ve been wondering for a while regarding proc affixes…

For ex. I now have equipped the Ruby affix: Time Warp Proc, 25%. “25% chance to cast Time Warp on Attack per Second.”

If I’m using a pistol and firing non stop, does this mean that Time Warp has a 25% chance to activate per second as long as I continue shooting? So if it doesn’t activate on the first second, I have to wait another second for it to have a 25% chance again to possibly activate?

Otherwise can someone elaborate on how procs work?