Any mages out there?

Hey DQ addicted guys out there.
Im interessted in playing a wizzard. What is recommended? Cant find a actual guide or something like this

[quote=“dermarv92”]Hey DQ addicted guys out there.
Im interessted in playing a wizzard. What is recommended? Cant find a actual guide or something like this[/quote]
Summonners work great!

Im interessted in playing a wizzard. What is recommended? Cant find a actual guide or something like this[/quote]

Most wizard players are old knowledgeable veterans. They have no need of guides and are too addicted to write some for others! =P

On a serious note, almost all guides will be obsolete in the upcoming patch. There are a lot of balance changes and game mechanic changes to give you guys more options on deciding what is fun! And I mean a LOT.

1. I recommend you to try every gear available for the wiz for you to know what gear are your comfortable with(Storm, Skullshield, Orb, Command, etc.)

2. Usually, guides out there are already end game builds which are not really useful for starters. I recommend you to just reach max level before experimenting with your gears.

3. Look for useful rare equips that are very useful as you progress which have affixes like +2 sets(Nadroji stone) and Rage set.

4. Have fun!

Note: This is my own recommendation. Not everything written should be followed by the letters.

i know it’s not hat easy to make such a thing but that can do as an idea

Awesome orb build dude!

…though Celestial/Arcane boosts are wasted 62.5% of the time…

No, they aren’t. Celecial applies to Elemental Orbit regardless of your element just like all other Elemental Crit DMG effects. Prismatic effect changes the element of your attack not the element of your weapon. All Elemental boosts are applied before the element change.

Cool!

All this time I thought it was for the weapon element…

Thanks guys

97% arcane dmg is not via ruby right?

No

You get it with Nadroji chestpiece, Defiant/Crystalline/Eternalized sets weapons.

[quote=“IDDQD”]

i know it’s not hat easy to make such a thing but that can do as an idea[/quote]

Rage, momentum, blood magic, spellsword, and some other will be nerfed next patch, I think u’ll have to rethink about your build! :dieter:

[quote=“Diieter”][quote=“IDDQD”]

i know it’s not hat easy to make such a thing but that can do as an idea[/quote]

Rage, momentum, blood magic, spellsword, and some other will be nerfed next patch, I think u’ll have to rethink about your build! :dieter:[/quote]
Almost all builds gonna have a change :astonished:

[quote=“emman23”]
Almost all builds gonna have a change :astonished:[/quote]

As someone who hates bloodmagic and cannot fathom why so many of you are using it, I look forward to the creativity you guys will bring in the next patch. It seems like I am the only player that does not use it for my Char.

A LOT of things r changing. So be ready to try them out!

As someone who actually loves blood magic, let me whiteknight it once more…

It’s a decent, independent damage boost at 62.5% with standard set+ bonuses. It’s simple to use and not too dependent on everything else just until 1.8. Excuse everyone else (including me) for not being too creative… :confused:

Leech to __ on Hit kinda kills it on some builds, it simply won’t be for everyone anymore. =much more variety when 1.9 comes.

Though up to this day, I’m still using it for Disco-Shot (FKA Carrot). Removing Blood Magic then going 100% Glasscannon won’t even cut it for me… though it’s agreeable that there are so many alternatives out there, I still incorporate Blood Magic to my build for its simplicity and independence. With certain Mythics, it also enables “mini-prayers” too!

[quote=“Clogon”][quote=“emman23”]
Almost all builds gonna have a change :astonished:[/quote]

As someone who hates bloodmagic and cannot fathom why so many of you are using it, I look forward to the creativity you guys will bring in the next patch. It seems like I am the only player that does not use it for my Char.

A LOT of things r changing. So be ready to try them out![/quote]
Agreed - BM users in BA tend to be easy to kill. Plague is the only great thing imho that comes out of bloodmagic. Otherwise, you’re basically killing yourself using BM.

When using bloodmagic I think it gives a better integration of using damage affix and a way to heal HP and not using an affix slot to retain your mp. And with leech change they wanted to see uses of potions as well.

+1 to that. For me at least, it’s about worrying about one resource instead of two. And the combo with cosmic power and synergy is awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You only need to worry about HP, if you plan on getting hit… You guys should learn to b so pro and OP that nothing will ever hit you. <.<

Wait till you face a competent player.

1 Like

[quote]

Rage, momentum, blood magic, spellsword, and some other will be nerfed next patch, I think u’ll have to rethink about your build! :dieter:[/quote]

:smiley: dieter didn’t contained himself and blurted out this, ahaha tnx…

1 Like

[quote=“andrielley”][quote]

:smiley: dieter didn’t contained himself and blurted out this, ahaha tnx…[/quote]

Well i’ve to admit i’m a bit sad with new features incoming, like permafrost no more work with blood magic, bloodmagic nerfed, etc
But people like clogon who don’t use bloodmagic will be happy

Problem is that i’m playing wizard, and I don’t think anyone playing wizard play without BM, because they are squishy and have less damage than the other classes (especially rogues), especially for my kind of build, and I hate seeing my favorite class being nerfed while some are buffed :dieter:

I’ll have to wait the end of “balancing” to see if I’m sad or happy, but for now… as wizard… :dieter: