[BUILD] Chakram Knight

well, see, that is the problem. there are 36 spaces on your items, 42 if you include your Pet. you can have 1 Set affix (Green) on each item and Pet (Legend Pets come with a Set affix). 1 Crystal affix (Light Blue) on each item (but not the Pet), 1 Mythic affix in each item (not the Pet), some items have a Set Bonus affix, and the left over spaces can be Myth Stones, Normal, Epic, or Legend affixes. there are over a 100 different affixes, and most of them are really good to use. but you only have 42 spaces to put them all in. that is why Crystal affixes are so important. the Epic Attack Speed affix is +15%. the Crystal Attack Speed affix is +45%. I would suggest reading the Dictionary in the Codex, the part about affixes, and see what is available. then think about what you want on your equipment. reading the Forums and seeing what other players have built can help you get an idea of good combinations to use. when you learn what the different affixes can do, you end up having your own ideas to try out and see how good you can get.
lastly, you can unlock the Eternal Hood in the Codex, but it takes a lot more Dust than unlocking the Legend version. umm, also, if you are unsure of what an affix does after reading the Codex, then do a search in the Forums. like if you did a search on Deadly Strike, you will be given a bunch of posts by other people who either asked questions or gave answers. like what it does, is it any good, why they don’t use it, how it saved their build, stuff like that.

1 Like

Okay hmm. I’ve finished reading the dictionary(all 502) last night actually, haha That was why I came here looking for thoughts. I guess from my experience in other games, say you’d want to have a minimum of 85 crit rate and at least a certain amount of crit damage. It’s quite the learning process…

1 Like

when I got to the point I could understand why crafting was important, I started with the simple things that I thought I needed. like Crit Chance and Crit Damage. Elemental Crit. Dodge, HP & MP Regen and on HIt, the things that you think you need when you just start the game and are still learning. when you level up and get to higher floors, you find better loot and crystals and myth stones and stuff, and get more options for crafting your gears. I have made an Ascending Build for max Experience with some farming affixes that killed monster fast on floor 110, I made a Speed version of my Ascending Build that had max Attack Speed and max Cool Down. I tried out a lot of different Set affixes to see what could help me Ascend better. I tried out different Legend affixes when I got Ruby’s, and tried out a lot of different Myth Stones. I am kind of stubborn, and even though there are a lot of good build ideas in the Forums, I kind of wanted to make my own stuff, and ended up learning a lot about the affixes that can be used. one big thing I learned is that some affixes are good with just about any build, and some affixes are only good in a few builds. I have more ideas for builds than I have been able to build, so I am still tweaking my Farm Build before I do anything else, because without a good Farm Build, you wont have the resources to build anything else. hmm, I have to say, I deleted a lot of characters and started over probably over a 100 times after I started playing DQ, because when I learned something new, I wanted to start over using the new things I learned. but eventually I realized I wasn’t progressing very far in the game. I got my characters up to floor 200 a few time, and up to 260’s once or twice, but always started over. when I finally decided to get serious and Ascend for Perks, I used all I learned to get my 6 Perks, and now I am working on getting a Rogue up to level 99 for the Battle Arena. then I will level up a Warrior, and I will have 1 of each class for the Arena. then I will be getting a Warrior and Rogue Ascending for 6 Perks, so I will also have 3 different classes for farming and climbing. lots of work, but I will learn even more.

1 Like

The original build requires very few crystals to make, but it could really use some improvements.

Some ideas include:

1. Getting rid of Ascendent Set and replace it with Elemental Weaken Crystal Affix.
  2. Using <Harmony> mythic on the Hood
  3. Jasper Nightsong from Warrior to Rogue, remove everything from it except Druidic and Druidic Bonus, add 4 sockets and apply equivalence mythic (you could try alchemy too). This will significantly increase survivability in the arena. (In PvE, you are going to need another item with Druidic on it—for me, that was my pet).

But honestly, I don’t have all the answers nor does anyone else. I posted this build to show what one can do with very limited resources, but I don’t expect people to keep this build forever. Like the game itself, your build must adapt and evolve to fit your specific needs.

2 Likes

I have a problem with the mythic set bonus in that when I equip my eternal fabled weapon and check my stats for increased chances of finding mythstones it has no effect

@dickwad Mythic Set and Crystaline Set boosts don’t show up on the Stat Page, so it is hard to tell one way or another. but when I have them on, I do see an increase in number of and Tier of the CS & MS.

1 Like