[BUILD] Redrum Warrior

@Diieter

Numbers video up in first post.

Watched the videoā€¦Nice!!! Ill adopt this build for my rogueā€¦ ill give it a tryā€¦ i tried a druidic plague poison hpregen build but ran out of stonesā€¦ :smiley:
Ill try this with a daggerā€¦
Thanks rubik

This maybe out of topic but, does ballista+livingforce affect chakram?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Living force does, but not Ballista.

[quote=ā€œRubikā€]@Diieter

Numbers video up in first post.[/quote]

THanks ! nice stuff over there :smile:

I must completely disagree with this sentiment. Builds that donā€™t generally show the ultimate goal by default must show a lesser result, which, when held up as a standard, is basically teaching inferior building techniques. As a player still trying to figure out methods of item and character creation, seeing what i should be striving for is much more helpful than seeing stop-gap measures which are easily surpassed by fairly casual gamers. I wish there were more end-game items like these displayed.

1 Like

+1.

With all respect to you I still cannot agree with you as this is most likely un-reachable target for an average player. with current CS drop rate it will take hundreds and hundreds of hours to get those 12-15 obsidians (plus all the other gems) needed to replicate this build. There are really a lot of ways of use of game mechanics to make playable builds, which is good. But showing the ridiculous amount of pre1.8stacked gems will be just a frustration to new players.
Iā€™ve started after 1.8 was released and you may think that I am simply envy. But my previous experience in Hackā€™nā€™Slash games makes me feel ok with things like this. The thing I am trying to say is that 95%+ of players will get nowhere close to what you have shown.
Well, yes, I have to agree that this is a well equipped and highly experienced character. Good Job. But i still think that this is not a Build example as most of players wont be able to spend as many high-tier crystals as you have spent to make this video.
@Rubik, as I see on your video, you are trying to avoid any incoming damage at any cost and in the same time you got no EHP related affixes on your items. Does it mean your build is absolutely glasscannon? Whats your EHP?

[quote=ā€œIDDQDā€]
@Rubik, as I see on your video, you are trying to avoid any incoming damage at any cost and in the same time you got no EHP related affixes on your items. Does it mean your build is absolutely glasscannon? Whats your EHP?[/quote]
To answer your question, this is not even close to what I would call a glass cannon. My EHP is about 650k, somewhere in that area.

Now, a few things I left out before.

Fustigate is currently not working with Toss, which I believe to be a bug. I submitted it and itā€™s being checked into. That is why I have a singular Paralysis affix. When Fustigate works, everything will mesh better, and I wonā€™t have to move so much.

Additionally, I usually adventure with a buddy. That is what my post #2 is for. You may want to just skip that though, cause it too is going to be high end. :smile:
I went solo in the videos simply to show that it CAN be done.

1 Like

a few questions since i am building a similar kind of warrior (the tossing kind of warrior with a sword main hand and hatchet offhand).

1. is ballista kinda limiting ? it looks half effective with living force in tow
  2. i am planning to add a +2 extra attack on my hatchet. would that be as effective as 50% weapon damage ?
  3. youā€™ve capped your crit damage thru merely upgrading rage ? you havenā€™t added that death nature that increases critical chance ?
  4. i use vampiric touch as my regen ability. is that effective ?
  5. is attack speed that effective in throwing items ?

[quote=ā€œsolkyroā€]a few questions since i am building a similar kind of warrior (the tossing kind of warrior with a sword main hand and hatchet offhand).

1. is ballista kinda limiting ? it looks half effective with living force in tow

2. i am planning to add a +2 extra attack on my hatchet. would that be as effective as 50% weapon damage ?

3. youā€™ve capped your crit damage thru merely upgrading rage ? you havenā€™t added that death nature that increases critical chance ?

4. i use vampiric touch as my regen ability. is that effective ?

5. is attack speed that effective in throwing items ?[/quote]

6. Not sure of its exact workings yet. It is very hard to test it accurately. Iā€™ll get back to you. :smile:

7. It depends. Overall base DPS should be a little higher with 2 EAC. However, my build is using Bleed DMG and so the higher base DMG would equal higher Bleed ticks, upping overall DPS in the long run.

8. Yes. No, all my natures are listed in the OP.

9. Discussed this already in this thread. IMO, no. I have high bleed chance from a singular skill only, therefore Vampiricā€™s HP effect is not coming into play. The heals half is ok for larger groups as they are coming from multiple places at once. For single target only though, your getting heals sporadically.

10. Sure, why would throwing attacks be any different? AS doesnā€™t affect specials, but Toss isnā€™t a special.

Some of these answers could change depending on what degree of similar your build will be.

the vampiric touchā€™s weakness does make sense. i am having problems against legend monsters on above floor 161 on mythic 3 difficulty. my heals gets outstripped by their damage.

one last question, does wrath leech hp and mp ? iā€™m gunning for a tank type tosser warrior

Yes it does.

[quote=ā€œRubikā€]This is an overview of my latest build, and the first one I am releasing.

From the beginning, I have played an Ice Whirlwind Warrior. I wanted to create a new, distinct build with two strict conditions:

1. It had to use the underused, ā€œinferiorā€ skills/talents.
  2. It had to use an underused, ā€œinferiorā€ element.

The result, my Redrum Warrior:

• im just new to this game,so i browsed forums to get some idead and when i saw this postā€¦ im very amazed by your weaps and gears. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
    Back to my real intention,i started playing 1.8 version,may i just ask if you crafted those Crystals ITEMS , or you looted them then you modify them by using Crystals?

These were completely custom crafted. I found good items to use as bases, then modified them with crystals.

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.

1 Like

Ok sir, awesome set btwā€¦ im already at floor 177 but i only got 1 Crystal item and 1 Legend item (not from loot but from Merchant). :unamused:

1 Like

so how have you progressed here ? iā€™m switching in between ballista and spell sword to living force in my build and IMO, the 3% boost isnā€™t really that big. knockback doesnā€™t work on living force. :neutral_face:

[quote=ā€œsolkyroā€][quote=ā€œRubikā€]

1. Not sure of its exact workings yet. It is very hard to test it accurately. Iā€™ll get back to you. :smile:
    [/quote]

so how have you progressed here ? iā€™m switching in between ballista and spell sword to living force in my build and IMO, the 3% boost isnā€™t really that big. knockback doesnā€™t work on living force. :neutral_face:[/quote]
You mean how high of a floor? Iā€™m at almost 900 on M3.

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.

looks like i asked a confusing question. iā€™ll rephrase: how you found any significant difference between living force + ballista combo to living force alone setup ? i gave my conclusion on it. have you concluded yours ?

@solkyro

I did discuss somewhere a bit about Ballista with Living Force, might not have been this thread though. In summation, Ballista seems to be increasing dmg even when paired with LF. Beyond that, its hard to evaluate. Theres really no place fitting to test it, which is why I suggest testing dummies. For now, I will continue using both together.

This build IS going through changes though with game changes, Iā€™ll hopefully post some updates soon. Along with the build for my hireling.