[Build][Rogue] Frozen-Chakram

Frozen-Chakram Build v1.8.1

SETS

1. Living Force - Increases damage of return chakrams immensely.
  2. Frozen - This is the whole point of this build, to showcase this under-used set.
  3. Periphery - Provides a way to deal damage to kill of frozen monsters.
  4. Blood Magic -Staple of most builds.
  5. Rage - Also another staple of most builds.
  6. Plagued - Additional armor, although this is changeable to whatever else you want.
  7. Permafrost - Also changeable, but i like the MP absorb thing coupled with Blood Magic.

TALENTS
Celerity - Max as high as possible
Stagger - Changeable but I like to stun monsters to keep them from hitting me
Blindside - Max as high as possible
Darkness - Changeable, but if you choose it Max it out for additional damage when using Bomb OH.

SKILLS
Boomerang - Max it out.
Etc - whatever else you feel like using

BREAKDOWN
Since Frozen is based on the Attack of the MH, the idea is to boost MH damage as high as you can. So place as much Atk stats on it as possible, put MultiAttack on other gears, and ExtraAttackChance on the OH weapon. I prefer the OH weapon Bomb, its primary can be used to get around faster, and its special can be used to freeze and blind monsters around you. But OH doesnt really matter, its more of a stat stick.
Vault into the middle of a group of monsters, use Smokebomb, this will blind and freeze enemies within the area, due to Darkness talent you can get additional 30% damage at lvl20, or you could also skip this part. Then get throwing out those chakrams, if youre lucky Periphery will kick in, dealing damage and freezing monsters outside the area of smokebomb. Once the return chakrams start to really deal the damage, frozen enemies start to explode. Odd thing though, if a Frozen explosion kills another frozen monster, it causes a Frozen explosion almost at the exact same time. You’d think there’d be a delay, but i dont really see it.
My chakrams deal between 10M-600M damage, but thats not really what deals damage here. Its the Frozen Explosion. Lowest damage for Frozen explosion is 1B, highest ive ever seen is 50,000B. Im currently at floor 600+ Mythic3, I get one shot by most Epic monsters, but if they spawn around a mob they wont really get a chance to attack you.

CONS (I wont be putting pros)
A mob is needed to quickly kill Epic and above monsters.
Soft skinned like most Rogue Builds
Not a PvP build (yes 1.9.0 im looking at you, havent tried PvP yet but obviously there wont be mobs in PvP)
Frozen Explosions does not seem to be affected by Ignore Resist

IMPROVEMENTS
My current build just deals up to 600m Chakram damage, MrMaru can deal billions, just add the Frozen Set to his build, and a bit of Elemental Critical. I have ideas on how to boost MH damage. My current equipment isnt that set up yet, its still a work in progress.
You can increase damage significantly with GlassCannon or changing Plagued for Momentum, and add some MoveSpeed.
Comments anyone?

VIDEO LINK
youtube.com/watch?v=lwfDStV … e=youtu.be

CURRENT DAMAGE (from video at 1:21)

CURRENT GEARS

STAT PAGE

http://postimage.org/

http://postimage.org/

FUTURE PLANS
Its just a plan, still playing around. Some are empty just in case i missed something, or for versatility purposes.

2 Likes

Had a heart attack at 1:21 when I saw 50 000b dmg

Also, I was totally aiming for that kind of build but another tester told me that wasn’t that good, so I didn’t dig it, but I think he misunderstood the synergy of the affixes or he would hide me a wonderful dmg build :dieter: :smiley:

Anyway, nice build tho!

Lots of millions you got there. It is indeed a paper build, but avoidance is preferable than mitigation. Stunlocking with stagger is an excellent choice.

Stagger is extremely awesome, isn’t it? :laughing:

Edit: I think taunt proc will help to maximize those Frozen explosions :smiley: If it’s me I’ll amber the offhand to taunt or a gtfo button (aka Shatter), and the mainhand to scattershot

[quote=“Diieter”]Had a heart attack at 1:21 when I saw 50 000b dmg

Also, I was totally aiming for that kind of build but another tester told me that wasn’t that good, so I didn’t dig it, but I think he misunderstood the synergy of the affixes or he would hide me a wonderful dmg build :dieter: :smiley:

Anyway, nice build tho![/quote]To be honest I was shocked at the 50,000B as well. Before seeing the video, I only saw a maximum of 5000B damage.

[quote=“ocenyx”]Lots of millions you got there. It is indeed a paper build, but avoidance is preferable than mitigation. Stunlocking with stagger is an excellent choice.

Stagger is extremely awesome, isn’t it? :laughing:

Edit: I think taunt proc will help to maximize those Frozen explosions :smiley: If it’s me I’ll amber the offhand to taunt or a gtfo button (aka Shatter), and the mainhand to scattershot[/quote]Stagger is indeed awesome. If you dont intend on using Stealth as damage avoidance, stagger kinda does the job. Except whether monsters are stunned or forzen, the can still cast explosion.
Great suggestion on Taunt. Taunt the monsters into a spot, Vault away causing blind, then get killing. Will try that later! Im not too keen on scattershot though, i feel whirling blades provide a wider coverage area to spread out the freeze.

Pheriphery is very bad. He is mainly using it for aoe coverage to freeze more monsters. Once he gets Taunt, he will see how useless it is. XD However for this build specifically, I do not recommend Taunt as he will kill the mobs too fast for the DMG to grow and will have a lot of trouble with Epic+ Monsters. Explainanation below.

As he stated in his post, the main source of DMG comes from Frozen. Similar to Guidedshot, Pierce and Throwsword, Frozen gets exponentially stronger as there are more enemies. The growth from Frozen is even higher than those 3 skills. You can see in his vid that his original DMG is barely in the millions until stuff starts to die. Once things start dying, big numbers appear! This is because Frozen’s explosion DMG is based on the killing damage then gets boosted. Lets ignore the boost and just look at the 1st aspect of the affix (DMG=DMG of killing blow). You can see that he has max Crit DMG, 100% Crit/Ele Crit via Coatweapon (which has a very small duration but enough for this build to work as the explosions happen within a split second) and lets ignore deadly strike for this example.

Lets say there are 10 monsters near by lined up or positioned in a way that it takes 9 explosions to reach the last monster. His normal DMG is 1M. So the first monster dies at 1M. He explodes for 1M but Coatweapon and and max Crit DMG boosts this up to 4.5M. Next guy gets hit and dies to 4.5M but explodes for 20.25M. Monster number 3 then explodes for 91.125M. All the way to the 9th one which explodes for 756.68B. Remember this is Coatweapon and Rage ONLY. With Deadlystrike, Frostbite and Frozen’s boost, the growth is even higher and therefore requires less monsters for the chain reaction. But if all monsters are in the same AOE, then the explosion will stop. No more growth and no high numbers. 8x4.5^2 is a lot less than 4.5^9. :stuck_out_tongue: You can see from the vid that the 50 000B comes from the monster furthest away from the mob while the DMG at the center of the mob is very small:

My PVM build uses a very similar concept but it is a lot weaker since it is a farming build not a progressing one. Its DPS grows arithmetically with more monsters so it cannot reach the billions like Frozen or the piercing attacks but enough to keep me satisfied.

@OP:
Thanks for sharing your build and Vid! I hope with this Frozen will get more popular. Just like Guidedshot, Pierce and Throwsword, I doubt this build will be killed off like mine (Stop hitting me with the nerf bat Steiger!!! You take too much pleasure in it. XD). It requires a lot of set up and basically does no DMG to single targets. Fun build though. XD

1 Like

Thanks for the explainations I was really wondering how he could get these numbers, so it’s through coatweapon :smile:
Still interesting numbers but I don’t like the gameplay anyway, You’ve to aggro every mobs then stop and hits, etc, not my kind of gameplay :dieter:

You also need to get lucky with positioning. I avoid this build due to the set up required but, as you can see from the numbers and gear, it is very cost effective. The growth is so high that you do not need “end game” gear to do insane DMG. Once you get into the habit of setting up, it is quite fun seeing your work rewarded with big numbers!

1 Like

Oh so thats how Frozen works. I always thought they were merely based off your MH attack. Not the damage that kills the frozen monster. I always attributed the huge fluctuation in damage to just luck.

After Clogon’s explanation, I think another possible set to add here may be Aftermath (if it is working), with ambered OH for Shatter.

GTFO button for evasion, generate mob spacing, win-win.

Luck doesn’t get you to 50 000+ B DMG. XD

[quote=“ocenyx”]After Clogon’s explanation, I think another possible set to add here may be Aftermath (if it is working), with ambered OH for Shatter.

GTFO button for evasion, generate mob spacing, win-win.[/quote]

You already have Vault’s Blind for this. Fear spreads the mob a bit too much. Remember you still need to Freeze them too! Frozen monsters cannot move. It also wastes a set and it has a 5s CD compared to Vault’s 1s CD. Yes, you do want to spread them out but you don’t want it to spread to the point that they are out of the explosion’s AoE. =P

Instead of concentrating on the things you cannot control like Mob positioning,why not prioritize the things you can control, DMG and DMG growth?

I highly recommend adding Brutal Mythic as it will increase your burst and explosion growth by 50% for every Deadly Strike.

Exposed is less RNG based but relies on the fact that you need to hit every monster with Boomerang/Pheriphery at least once. I don’t know the duration of the debuff to know how effective it really is for this build. Pheriphery by its nature is unreliable but it is still the best option you got for AoE coverage.

Effective Mystic is basically a free 25% burst and growth to all non fire monsters.

If you moved your affixes around a bit so that you can use a Shock OH, it is a free 12.5%~50% burst and growth for everything hit by the Smokebomb/OH skill.

For this build, you don’t care about DPS as much as Burst. OHKO is what you are aiming for!

1 Like

Was it too much spacing? :laughing: never mind then.