Can haz 1.7 back, plz!?

I’m not sure where the idea that making the game more grindy=making it more fun, but a couple of days of play have me pretty much convinced that I’d rather go back to 1.7. I get that the CS/MS feat made it supposedly too easy to generate really powerful gear (although personally, I found the grinding required to repeatedly use those feats was overwhelmingly boring and caused me to stop playing the game for months). The nice thing about those feats was that you could actually experiment with different builds and try new playstyles.

When 1.8 came out, I was all excited and immediately dropped a few hours of play trying to explore the new stuff. What I found was that there’s no way I can intentionally change up my play style like I could in 1.7 – in the 10+ hours I’ve played in the past two days, I managed to hit the CS feat three times. All three resulted in Ambers, which means that if I calculated correctly, I might have a new Obsidian sometime in 2016. AWESOME!

So I changed tactics and decided to start farming epic enemies in the hopes of working my way up to a mythic and getting a new green that way. That only took me, uh, about 6 hours of really boring play. The result was [attachment=0]2015-02-28 20.05.17.jpeg[/attachment]

That’s a shit-sandwich of an endgame drop, if I’ve ever seen one. In 1.7, you could figure on being able to upgrade gear every couple dozen hours of playtime. Apparently, in 1.8, it’s an indefinite period, since it’s a matter of luck finding one that applies to your build and is an actual upgrade over crafted stuff.

Back in patch 1.6 when the CS/MS were introduced, people never complain anything about the drop rate of those stones or anything like that.
When patch 1.7 came out, people start to depend too much on those feat rewards. They totally forgot that it’s supposed to be a BONUS, not something you rely on to get the best in-game gear.

So what you’re saying is that 1.7 was unacceptably fun?

I guess if the intent is to make players grind interminably in the hopes of progressing, 1.8 is a definite upgrade.

No, before patch 1.7 was deployed, we discussed a lot about the feat bonuses. Some of us even point out that the reward for CS/MS was way too high.
The Dev did reduce it, but it still seems to be a bit more than expected. They decided to deploy it anyway and see how it works. Turns out, people obtained high rank CS/MS way faster than they expected. That’s why patch 1.8 came out with some adjustments to make it more appropriate.
After all, it wouldn’t be fun when you can obtain CS grade items too easy, right?

if by “easy”, you mind hours of mindless grinding to come up with a thousand CS? And still being subject to the RNG when crafting, so that it’s very easy to waste those hours of effort? The current nerf is a really big one. I guess the question is: what’s your theoretical ideal for how many hours of grinding it should take for a player to find a marginal upgrade?

Supposedly, the biggest game changing items available are legendary and (now) eternal legendary pets, which the CS feat had absolutely nothing to do with.

A factor your missing is that the drop rate of crystal items was boosted as well. I found 4 today, thats like finding 4 obsidians. Strip em down and use them.

I guess the question is, if its only a marginal upgrade as you put it, what’s the big deal to begin with? Your gear must be pretty good already at that point.

Funny, I haven’t seen a single crystal item drop since the upgrade, although I’ve had one eternal legend drop (and got another through the feat).

What do you mean, “Strip them down”, anyway? Now that CS above Emerald are ridiculously expensive to find and craft again, you can’t really customize gear without an absolute ton of grinding.

Actually, that is the point. I’ve got good gear for one play style, but I’d kind of like to try putting together a dagger/vampire build, or a straight up crit build (since my current stuff is based around frozen/permafrost). The new nerf means there really isn’t a way for me to switch back to a more mainstream build.

Remove affixes down to the crystal affix, and build from there. Very strong builds can be made from current legendaries and crystal items with minimum effort.

I suffer from this issue also, constantly wanting to switch stuff around. Building different builds is major draw for me, its now hatder to do so. But, there is more than one way to go about it is what im saying.

Actually, in 1.7, my limiting CS tended to be Ruby, not Obsidian. At least with crystal affixes, there aren’t THAT many, and most of them are usable. With legendary ones, it’s really hard to create synergistic gear. Either way, under 1.8, I’m not inclined to use either unless I find something absolutely amazing. Modifying the affixes on a crystal drop is likely to have the same problems.

Richard,
I agree with you. For that reason I didn’t update to 1.8

Its late game and trying new builds is the best part. Even with the feat it takes time to get the crystals required however its reasonable.

So the ability to try any build vs the small chance to get an eternal pet…I’d rather the builds.

Regards,
Grinder

No, before patch 1.7 was deployed, we discussed a lot about the feat bonuses. Some of us even point out that the reward for CS/MS was way too high.
The Dev did reduce it, but it still seems to be a bit more than expected. They decided to deploy it anyway and see how it works. Turns out, people obtained high rank CS/MS way faster than they expected. That’s why patch 1.8 came out with some adjustments to make it more appropriate.
After all, it wouldn’t be fun when you can obtain CS grade items too easy, right?[/quote]people want things the easy way… And there is no fun in that… I surpassed players playing for years in 1 month(guilty)… But i want the new features in 1.8… Forget about 1.7 and move on… It more fum without relying on +2 feat… More than finding high end gear… I love the process of leveling, so i find my self creating 3 toons on 3 deffirent account…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To sum it up.

It didn’t take long to realize that the CS/MS discourage players to feel great from acquiring new gear and forcing them to move towards “Gem” hunting.
Acquiring gear thru “gem-ing” the item wasnt what DQ design philosophy was all about. But it is how its played before.

DQ is a mobile hack and slash game with tons of special and loot to keep you playing. I really dont feel right if it turns to Gem Hunting. I want to play for loot not Hunt Gem.

I hoped the developers will continue to make DQ a wonderful game of its genre. :smile:

[quote=“illuriouz”]To sum it up.

It didn’t take long to realize that the CS/MS discourage players to feel great from acquiring new gear and forcing them to move towards “Gem” hunting.
Acquiring gear thru “gem-ing” the item wasnt what DQ design philosophy was all about. But it is how its played before.

DQ is a mobile hack and slash game with tons of special and loot to keep you playing. I really dont feel right if it turns to Gem Hunting. I want to play for loot not Hunt Gem.

I hoped the developers will continue to make DQ a wonderful game of its genre. :smile:[/quote]

But you need to be able to customize your gear to get the best opportunity for the best specials and the best loot?

[quote=“SteigerBox”]The Feat requirement paired with that specific +2 to every CS was a mistake. Gaining 40 Crystals spanning the entire rarity spectrum once you have managed to collect of them is an insanely good reward, and has resulted in player power skyrocketing once reaching that point. Unfortunately it’s not a linear progression, it’s a curve raising sharply up once collecting all CS ( not only for your character but all your characters ).

The intention wasn’t for most end game players to only have near perfect Crystal Enchanted gear, but that’s the result of this feat.

It’s objectively the easiest, fastest, most guaranteed way of getting the most powerful gear in the game ( in 1.7 ) and it focuses on completing a single feat over and over to do this.

Moving forward, we much rather spread parts of this reward throughout multiple facets of playing. We’d like to add rare MS/CS to Legend/Mythic enemy drop tables, add the rare MS/CS drop for feats, and find other ways of rewarding higher MS/CS drop possibility ( through gearing, challenges maps, etc ). We still want it to be feasible that you get MS/CS, but we want it to be a bit more controlled, and spread throughout multiple ways of playing. This will be continually worked on till we get it right.

And while yes, it will become harder craft perfect gear in 1.8, you will be supplemented by Eternal Legend drops and highly increased Crystal Legend drops ( you can still strip these down for their Set/Crystal Affix ).

Not only that, but Patch 1.8 is just the start. The next smaller patches will be adding new Legends and Sets ( ripe to be Eternalized ), and considerably increasing the power of Mythics ( to the point you might actually use them! ). It’s our goal that your gear looks a couple Crystal Items, a few Eternals, and maybe one or two Mythics, or any combination of the 3! The point is to add gearing variety, and add items that players can be actually excited to see drop.

We are sorry for having to nerf the reward, we hate doing it ( and the anger we get for it ), but it wouldn’t happen if we didn’t feel it was best for the game’s longevity. We’re also very careful to not take anything away without giving something in return, and truly hope you guys give 1.8 a shot. We feel like it’s the best version of the game so far, and promise to continue working to make it better.[/quote]

To add onto what I’ve said above, 1.8 needed to happen so that it could address the problem mentioned. However we view 1.8 at the starting point, and plan on tweaking drop rates and rarity for both MS/CS and Eternals up so that progression is reasonable. Patch 1.8.1 is in development now, and we’re going to address as many concerns as we can, but we won’t ever go back to that old feat reward.

In 1.8.1 you can expect that we will:
[ul][li]Revist many disappointing Legends with the goal of making them and their Eternal version even better[/li]
[li]Introduce many new Legends[/li]
[li]Revisit Mythic Design and improve their viability[/li]
[li]Look into more ways of rewarding Eternal and Crystal Legends ( increasing rate they are found )[/li]
[li]Look into more ways of rewarding Rare MS and CS that won’t exponentially get out of hand[/li]
[li]Continue to tweak Feat rewards so they are more rewarding and balanced. [/li][/ul]

Ideally we would have liked to do everything all at once ( Combine 1.8 and 1.8.1 ) to reduce disappointment, but these things take time. Please bear with us.

[quote=“bradoplata”][quote=“illuriouz”]To sum it up.

I hoped the developers will continue to make DQ a wonderful game of its genre. :smile:[/quote]

But you need to be able to customize your gear to get the best opportunity for the best specials and the best loot?[/quote] you can still costumize your gear but in a hard way. Wheres the fun if you just play in easy way?

[quote=“bdblynken”][quote=“bradoplata”][quote=“illuriouz”]To sum it up.

But you need to be able to customize your gear to get the best opportunity for the best specials and the best loot?[/quote] you can still costumize your gear but in a hard way. Wheres the fun if you just play in easy way?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

Fun for me was the customizing.

1.7 is too easy for me… Now im stuck! I cant play the game anymore. How can i. I have a perfect affixes… Perfectly rerolled… I wish +2 feat didnt exist… And by the way. I play for 1 month now… Not only that. With 3 accounts… Have wizard warrior and rouge… Soon youll understand me… If you’ll hit. The wall just like the others

All mmorpg have been famous because limited people can achieve high end gears. Those who spend more time into the game… Now all can get what they want with 1day farm… So sad…