Can haz 1.7 back, plz!?

If theres no progress anymore youll be bored…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. If there’s no progress any more, you get bored. Unless you can try new ways to play with the same character, which you could under 1.7. In fact, I’m currently stuck with a build that’s great for farming CS/MS down in the 100-200 levels, but really not very good for end-game, which is what’s important now. Assuming you actually want eternal legends (which I have a lot of doubts about. I have 4 already, and they all suck compared to crystal items.), you have a better chance of getting them at higher map floors.

Unfortunately, I was playing around with the best way to clear mid-level floors in a hurry when I decided I was seriously bored with the grinding for CS/MS and stopped playing 1.7. That’s nothing compared to the grinding required to find anything worthwhile in 1.8, though. The total inability to customize eternal legends means that unless they designed a legend that actually works for your character (Cataclysm for proc wizards, Fate’s Travesty for warriors), they really aren’t likely to be very useful compared to crystal items. Maybe the problem for me is that I’ve chosen to play rogue as my main (with a preference for pistols), and the legends aren’t very usable as they drop. Hell, you can’t even use a ton of diamonds in the hopes of improving the stats of your eternal legend.

If there’s that much concern about modded eternals being overpowered, make it so that they cost multiple CS of the same type in order to have the effect. Of course, that’ll run rapidly into the problems that started this thread…

[quote=“bdblynken”]All mmorpg have been famous because limited people can achieve high end gears. Those who spend more time into the game… Now all can get what they want with 1day farm… So sad…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

Do you have a perfect legendary pet?

[quote=“MrMaru”][quote=“bdblynken”]All mmorpg have been famous because limited people can achieve high end gears. Those who spend more time into the game… Now all can get what they want with 1day farm… So sad…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

Do you have a perfect legendary pet?[/quote] nope. Do you? Well i get what youre trying to say. But farming for weeks or maybe months for perfect pet and discarding everything you loot. I have ways of finding pets more than average… You know what i mean. Your a veteran here. Even if i could find 20 legendary pets a day. I dont see the fun in that… I wanna smash all enemies and expect for a better loot. But thats not gonna happen. Because all i have are perfects. Already… And finding pets for my toons is hard. Especially when i have to change account to access on my every toon… But i have decent… But not perfect that you will insist that i must get later… :smile:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote=“SteigerBox”]

To add onto what I’ve said above, 1.8 needed to happen so that it could address the problem mentioned. However we view 1.8 at the starting point, and plan on tweaking drop rates and rarity for both MS/CS and Eternals up so that progression is reasonable. Patch 1.8.1 is in development now, and we’re going to address as many concerns as we can, but we won’t ever go back to that old feat reward.

In 1.8.1 you can expect that we will:
[ul][li]Revist many disappointing Legends with the goal of making them and their Eternal version even better[/li]
[li]Introduce many new Legends[/li]
[li]Revisit Mythic Design and improve their viability[/li]
[li]Look into more ways of rewarding Eternal and Crystal Legends ( increasing rate they are found )[/li]
[li]Look into more ways of rewarding Rare MS and CS that won’t exponentially get out of hand[/li]
[li]Continue to tweak Feat rewards so they are more rewarding and balanced. [/li][/ul]

Ideally we would have liked to do everything all at once ( Combine 1.8 and 1.8.1 ) to reduce disappointment, but these things take time. Please bear with us.[/quote]

So in other words, I’ll stop playing until 1.8.1 comes around, because this version frankly isn’t worth investing the time, and that appears to be by design. Shame, because I was really excited about the new content until I actually tried it.

[quote=“Richard Jonnes”]
So in other words, I’ll stop playing until 1.8.1 comes around, because this version frankly isn’t worth investing the time, and that appears to be by design. Shame, because I was really excited about the new content until I actually tried it.[/quote]

In other words, yes, there’s no way we can make you immediately happy right now. What we can do, is work on making things better in 1.8.1, and continue to listen to feedback. Feedback like why you were excited for the new content, and what specifically was disappointing. That would be actually helpful.

My impression had been that eternal legends were going to be an alternative to crystal crafted items. In 1.7, there was really only one viable way to progress, which involved extensive CS/MS farming. 1.8 was billed as having an additional way – looking for very rare, high quality drops. Except it turns out eternal legends don’t compare to crystal gear, and can’t be modified, and the CS needed to modify normal drops are pretty much unavailable now.

It’s possible that if Legends were better constructed, eternal legends wouldn’t be so useless as endgame drops. As it stands, if you played 1.7 seriously at all (and like I said, I stopped playing because I thought THAT grind was boring. The grinding required to upgrade in 1.8 is mind-numbing.), there’s not much in 1.8 that gives anything to work for.

To be fair, you only have yourselves to blame.
Lots of QQ’s from players wanting updates instantly, if the dev team was allowed to release a completed patch that was fully tested and balanced without pampering to the tears, demands and bitching of players, none of these situations would arise.
To keep players happy, the dev team release updates and patches in sections as they are completed, and during the individual section releases things become apparent that are not fully balanced, so there has to be changes, some will be good, others will feel like a nerf, but its only because of the good nature of the dev team, that you have been allowed to play the newer patches.
You can’t have it both ways, either you have to accept the changes when they are needed and continue to enjoy regular updates, or perhaps the dev team should do like blizzard does, and you get one major update every 2 years! That update would be a completed, fully tested, balanced and polished, any the normal players would not be aware of the changes that happened !

The dev team work tremendously hard to bring you a game, free of charge, and how do players repay them ? By bitching and complaining about some personal butthurt that you feel is a nerf.

I have so much respect for the dev team, as they have to sit and read all the negativity for a game that they produce blood, sweat and tears for, while all along they have to smile and be polite, and post forum messages so they don’t upset anyone. If I was them, I would have flipped you all the bird by now and told you to go f**k yourselves and your mothers !

And we’re still striving towards that goal. 1.8 wasn’t a home run, for sure, but it’s a step towards where we’d like loot progression to be ( closer to linear, not exponential ). When viewing Eternals from the viewpoint of someone who was able to take advantage of +2 Feat Reward and get Perfect Crystal Enchanted items easily, it’s obviously going to be more harsh ( already end game gear is hard to beat, reasonably ). When viewing from someone progressing or starting a new character, it’s a lot better, and Eternals end up being a fun upgrade ( as seen from feedback ).

I know for sure that there are Eternals that value better than perfectly Crystal Enchanted items, but they are pretty rare, and a lot of our Legends are old/outdated. We don’t plan on making every Eternal straight up better than what you can create from Crystal Enchanting, but we do hope to make a lot more of the old legends actually viable in 1.8.1, while adding new Legends, and Affixes, and Sets.

1 Like

[quote=“Richard Jonnes”]Thanks for your opinion, JesteR. Frankly, I don’t care – you and your mother can go f**k off, as you so put it.

Maybe you’re enjoying 1.8. I am not, and since I used to really enjoy this game, I thought I’d let the devs know why.[/quote]
If i could. I seriously would removed CS/MS. This makes you too much overpowered. Making people like you obsessed with Gem-ing item.

As ive had said the design philosophy of this game is not gem hunting. So it really brings you alot of fun hunting cs/ms now? Make sure you stay at 1.7 and dont ever upgrade! We’ll see how long it takes to bored you.

I’ve been playing since alpha phase and i havent got bored of this game till i have to steer away from loot hunt to become gem hunting. Now thats what i called bored in few days.

Alright let’s stay on topic, I would like this discussion to continue. Any posts that aren’t related or are unhelpful will be removed.

How do you figure? Bugs were fixed, some things were balanced out, the codex was improved, new items added, etc.

In the overall scheme of things, it would seem that 1.7 was the culprit than 1.8. 1.8 “fixed” an issue introduced in 1.7.

To be clear, I think 1.7 was a home run, and 1.8 was a home run. I never played prior to 1.7, so I can’t comment. Since I came in on 1.7, yes, 1.8 felt like a nerf, but when it was explained that it was an intentional attempt to regulate the game, it became clear that 1.8 was the “correct” version to be running.

In my mind, if 1.8 was released and corrects an exploit in 1.7, going back to 1.7 is “cheating”. If you’re going to cheat, then go get one of the hacks go all out. Of course, when you quickly tire of the game because you have everything already, you can’t blame the developers, you have to blame yourself for seeking out a method of achieving that which was not intended to be achievable in that way.

How do you figure? Bugs were fixed, some things were balanced out, the codex was improved, new items added, etc.
[/quote]

Meaning achieving the impossible, making everyone happy :smile:

There is a legitimate point of view that Eternals can be disappointing, just like there were already many Legends that were extremely disappointing. It wasn’t our intention to “kill” progression speed either, but plug the exponential +MS/CS feat issue. I personally feel that the best version of 1.8 will be in 1.8.1, when many of the previously mentioned factors/issues are addressed.

Is it possible to use Quartz on an eternal to remove all the affixes? If so that would be pretty strong for crafting a sick weapon.

No, element/nature changes only.

No, element/nature changes only.[/quote]

Ah to bad a 50% quality crafted crystal weapon would be nuts.

I think it’s funny that you removed my post in response to JesteR, but not his excoriating diatribe in which he introduced the profanity and personal attack.

To be clear, I’m not actually interested in going back to 1.7. I was bored of that version of the game, too. It’s just that I have no interest in playing 1.8, because it feels like mindless grinding with no point and a vanishingly small chance of finding loot that I’d actually like to use.

When you already have all the best end game gear progression grinds to a halt no matter what. Try making a new account and experiencing 1.8 that way. I started playing on the tail end of 1.7 and the progression feels pretty good. I’ve found a few crystal items that were able to work in my setup and even an eternal that was an upgrade. The only hard part will be erasing your expectations on how powerful you should be.

+1

Slightly OT

There are other things to aim for besides just collecting items.

Reaching heroic level 99, maxing pet stats and getting to the highest map level you can are just a few examples.

Just a few ideas for those who are bored with grinding…