Can haz 1.7 back, plz!?

[quote=“SteigerBox”]…1.8 wasn’t a home run, for sure, but it’s a step towards where we’d like loot progression to be ( closer to linear, not exponential ). When viewing Eternals from the viewpoint of someone who was able to take advantage of +2 Feat Reward and get Perfect Crystal Enchanted items easily, it’s obviously going to be more harsh ( already end game gear is hard to beat, reasonably ). When viewing from someone progressing or starting a new character, it’s a lot better, and Eternals end up being a fun upgrade ( as seen from feedback ).

I know for sure that there are Eternals that value better than perfectly Crystal Enchanted items, but they are pretty rare, and a lot of our Legends are old/outdated. We don’t plan on making every Eternal straight up better than what you can create from Crystal Enchanting, but we do hope to make a lot more of the old legends actually viable in 1.8.1, while adding new Legends, and Affixes, and Sets.[/quote]

This is not true.

1. Mythic items, which are underutilized already, are now going to be next to impossible to make without a previous stash of stones.
  2. Crystal enchanting is more than just all the high-end players using caches of obsidian. I enjoy this aspect of the game quite a bit. Now, the odds of my obtaining anything over “amber” is next to impossible. If you want to normalize this aspect better, increase crystal drop rate, and have the rarer ones drop more at higher levels.
  3. All of my toons (3x 99s, one of each class) are outfitted in legends, yet the eternals I’ve found aren’t upgrades.

More than anything else, I believe mythic items should be buffed, and mythstones and crystals should become more rare/obtainable with higher levels.

[quote=“Rylocke”][quote=“SteigerBox”]…1.8 wasn’t a home run, for sure, but it’s a step towards where we’d like loot progression to be ( closer to linear, not exponential ). When viewing Eternals from the viewpoint of someone who was able to take advantage of +2 Feat Reward and get Perfect Crystal Enchanted items easily, it’s obviously going to be more harsh ( already end game gear is hard to beat, reasonably ). When viewing from someone progressing or starting a new character, it’s a lot better, and Eternals end up being a fun upgrade ( as seen from feedback ).

I know for sure that there are Eternals that value better than perfectly Crystal Enchanted items, but they are pretty rare, and a lot of our Legends are old/outdated. We don’t plan on making every Eternal straight up better than what you can create from Crystal Enchanting, but we do hope to make a lot more of the old legends actually viable in 1.8.1, while adding new Legends, and Affixes, and Sets.[/quote]

This is not true.

1. Mythic items, which are underutilized already, are now going to be next to impossible to make without a previous stash of stones.
  2. Crystal enchanting is more than just all the high-end players using caches of obsidian. I enjoy this aspect of the game quite a bit. Now, the odds of my obtaining anything over “amber” is next to impossible. If you want to normalize this aspect better, increase crystal drop rate, and have the rarer ones drop more at higher levels.
  3. All of my toons (3x 99s, one of each class) are outfitted in legends, yet the eternals I’ve found aren’t upgrades.

More than anything else, I believe mythic items should be buffed, and mythstones and crystals should become more rare/obtainable with higher levels.[/quote]

2 Amber = Jasper
4 Amber = Zircon
You can still get the highest stones, it just takes a little more time.

Finding an Eternal upgrade is supposed to be like finding unicorn poop !

DQ is not a flavour of the month game, it needs time and dedication !

Either you’ve missed most of what I’ve said already, or I’m not quite understanding what you don’t agree with.

Let me respond with quotes from this thread:

1 Like

Since you asked, I’ll narrow down what I meant. You made this claim, but I was disagreeing. I’m still “progressing,” yet eternals aren’t terribly effective.

Regarding the rest of your response, I assume you’ll be utilizing player feedback to do all the evaluating you quoted me, so I hope you take mine to heart. I can’t imagine you were simply quoting the same thread over and over to be condescending, right? Someone in your position must see that I was simply adding my feedback.

[quote=“JesteR”]
2 Amber = Jasper
4 Amber = Zircon

DQ is not a flavour of the month game, it needs time and dedication ![/quote]

64 amber is one obsidian, however, and that would take months.

Finding an eternal upgrade for the current “bad ass endgame crystal enchanters” is like finding unicorn poop, sure, but the devs said that they should be better for the rest of us.

[quote=“Rylocke”][quote=“JesteR”]
2 Amber = Jasper
4 Amber = Zircon

Finding an eternal upgrade for the current “bad ass endgame crystal enchanters” is like finding unicorn poop, sure, but the devs said that they should be better for the rest of us.[/quote]

64 Amber is a couple of hours at most, and that’s if your unlucky enough to get all Ambers !

Since you asked, I’ll narrow down what I meant. You made this claim, but I was disagreeing. I’m still “progressing,” yet eternals aren’t terribly effective.

Regarding the rest of your response, I assume you’ll be utilizing player feedback to do all the evaluating you quoted me, so I hope you take mine to heart. I can’t imagine you were simply quoting the same thread over and over to be condescending, right? Someone in your position must see that I was simply adding my feedback.[/quote]

I’m sorry, was not trying to be condescending. Your post started with “This is not true.”, and then you listed points where I basically agreed on, and was wanting to quote myself on where I did for clarity. It was my mistake that what you were disagreeing with and your feedback points were unrelated.

While anecdotally you may be finding the Eternals you’re coming across to not be upgrades, we’re seeing a lot of players using them ( from our data ). I just want to get the idea across that there’s hope for Eternals and that we aim to make them even better.

I do appreciate the feedback.

[quote=“JesteR”][quote=“Rylocke”][quote=“JesteR”]
2 Amber = Jasper
4 Amber = Zircon

Finding an eternal upgrade for the current “bad ass endgame crystal enchanters” is like finding unicorn poop, sure, but the devs said that they should be better for the rest of us.[/quote]

64 Amber is a couple of hours at most, and that’s if your unlucky enough to get all Ambers ![/quote]

I’ve got maxed out item find and luck, and have never been close to that in a few hours, even with the plus two. What else do you have that allows you to get that many?

[quote=“bradoplata”]
I’ve got maxed out item find and luck, and have never been close to that in a few hours, even with the plus two. What else do you have that allows you to get that many?[/quote]

I highly doubt that number is in anyway accurate unless by “a couple of hours” he means 10+ hours by “64 amber” he means 30.

[quote=“bradoplata”]

I’ve got maxed out item find and luck, and have never been close to that in a few hours, even with the plus two. What else do you have that allows you to get that many?[/quote]

Its all about the feats, and completing them to get the rewards.
Use the crystals anyway you want, either combining or salvaging, or even changing the element 500 times.
The feat reward will give you a random crystal from Jasper up to Obsidian. (Amber has been reported to drop, but I have not witnessed this myself ).
Rinse and repeat, until you can convert up to Obsidian.

[quote=“Laod”]

I highly doubt that number is in anyway accurate unless by “a couple of hours” he means 10+ hours by “64 amber” he means 30.[/quote]

You really do need to use the search function and read the forums more, there is a huge amount of information out there, with several hints/tips/guides on farming feat rewards.
By a “couple of hours” I mean literally less than 2 hours, if your luck was so bad that all you got was Amber, and by “64 Amber” I mean exactly that number and probably more in the 2 hours. You could get lucky and be awarded an Obsidian on your first feat reward, taking all of about 5 minutes.

Seriously, JesteR, where are you farming that you can come up with 300 CS in a couple of hours? Maybe I haven’t maxed out my farming gear enough (of course, I can’t actually make wholesale changes now, because I don’t have the CS to do it), but in 12+ hours of play over Saturday and Sunday, I only popped the CS feat 4 times (and every time, I got an Amber as the reward). I use the convert and salvage functions regularly, but there just aren’t enough low level stones dropping to complete that feat in two hours on a regular basis.

I’ve tried farming the 300s (which means I get legend maps on occasion, and that helps), and also the low 100s (which means I clear the map pretty much as fast as I can run through it). Neither gets me anywhere close to your stated CS acquisition rate.

You need luck and item drop. If you use mythic 3 level, you get part of that just from the map. I believe both are capped at 650%.

I just ran 101 on mythic 3 and got 5 CS and 1 MS. I didn’t time it, nor check the rarity of the CS/MS, but it couldn’t have taken more than a couple of minutes.

[quote=“JesteR”](Amber has been reported to drop, but I have not witnessed this myself ).
[/quote]

Ask and ye shall receive. :smile:

On mythic 3, floor 400+ I am averaging 12-20 CS a map which takes under 2 minutes, I still don’t believe that within 2 hours that amounts to 64 amber.

Important note about Item Quantity: To reach maximum Item Quantity you want a hireling and to reach cap ( 300% IQ ) on both heroes because IQ is averaged between you and your hireling. Having a hireling gives an additional 100 IQ, which does go beyond cap giving you a total of 400% IQ.

[quote=“Richard Jonnes”]Seriously, JesteR, where are you farming that you can come up with 300 CS in a couple of hours? Maybe I haven’t maxed out my farming gear enough (of course, I can’t actually make wholesale changes now, because I don’t have the CS to do it), but in 12+ hours of play over Saturday and Sunday, I only popped the CS feat 4 times (and every time, I got an Amber as the reward). I use the convert and salvage functions regularly, but there just aren’t enough low level stones dropping to complete that feat in two hours on a regular basis.

I’ve tried farming the 300s (which means I get legend maps on occasion, and that helps), and also the low 100s (which means I clear the map pretty much as fast as I can run through it). Neither gets me anywhere close to your stated CS acquisition rate.[/quote]

Sorry for talking from a personal point of view, where I have built up a fair amount of low level CS/MS, but the relevance was on the feat reward, I assumed players would have a few of them.

Convert and salvage are your best friends for popping the feat reward, but it all depends on how you use convert and salvage. Instead of converting up all your CS to the highest possible stone, I use a series of salvaging down, to convert back up, to salvage down again method and sometimes the complete opposite, covert up > salvage down > convert up, depending on my stack amounts.

If your talking about pure farming the number of CS, thats a completely different matter.
200% item drop affix is a must for maximum output, but that can be worked on as you put in more play time.
EP1 Floor 21 (or EP1 Floor 101), and obliterate everything, and go on to next map (unless your rinsing/repeating floor 21/101). Break open chests/crates/barrels, use an imp as he spews out CS/MS too (later on make a Hunter ring to capitalise every opportunity to get a CS/MS).
EP does not have to be 1, it can be set to the highest level you can manage to 1 shot 90% of the mobs.

I use a mixture of about 10 different stratergise/play styles to farm CS/MS, but its all down to personal preference, and little tricks and tactics you pick up while playing.

1 Like

I just start around laimar and salvage down to calcite, then go back and forth between angelite and calcite. Am I missing something? I’ll convert the higher ones up as needed, but I use kyanite through fluorite a lot so I leave them a lone.

Just went through eleven feats, and got three amber. The highest was one ruby and two garnets.

[quote=“JesteR”]
Sorry for talking from a personal point of view, where I have built up a fair amount of low level CS/MS, but the relevance was on the feat reward, I assumed players would have a few of them.

Convert and salvage are your best friends for popping the feat reward, but it all depends on how you use convert and salvage. Instead of converting up all your CS to the highest possible stone, I use a series of salvaging down, to convert back up, to salvage down again method and sometimes the complete opposite, covert up > salvage down > convert up, depending on my stack amounts.

If your talking about pure farming the number of CS, thats a completely different matter.
200% item drop affix is a must for maximum output, but that can be worked on as you put in more play time.
EP1 Floor 21 (or EP1 Floor 101), and obliterate everything, and go on to next map (unless your rinsing/repeating floor 21/101). Break open chests/crates/barrels, use an imp as he spews out CS/MS too (later on make a Hunter ring to capitalise every opportunity to get a CS/MS).
EP does not have to be 1, it can be set to the highest level you can manage to 1 shot 90% of the mobs.

I use a mixture of about 10 different stratergise/play styles to farm CS/MS, but its all down to personal preference, and little tricks and tactics you pick up while playing.[/quote]

I do conversions (which is why I said 300 CS, not 500), and my entire build is geared around rapidly clearing mobs (which is why I’m so frustrated with 1.8, because I can no longer switch away from that build). Permafrost/Frozen/elemental crit doesn’t help in getting to high floors, but it’s great for clearing out mid-levels.

Also, maxing ID is pretty difficult without the 1.7 CS/MS feat, especially considering it takes Ruby CS (and you need luck with the RNG to not use multiple rubies) to get it on anything other than weapons.

imho current CS %drop rates are fine, but the game is missing few things
1)chance to roll %CS drop rarity/%CS drop quantity on a treasure map above Legendary
2)Weapon/armor/jewelry salvaging into CS
3)Extreme Buff for treasure maps above Legendary
yesterday got Garnet from a Feat and Amber as a drop, that’s not enough imho
ps: SteigerBox, could you please answer my PM?