Crystal and Gold Farming - Techniques?

Prior to 1.6, my farming strategy was to make a mad dash straight to the end, kill the Cartographer, collect the loot, and move on. You can make a decent amont of gold this way, as well has having a fairly high Legend drop rate.

Post 1.6, I find that my Gold reserves are slowly diminishing. Nearly all of the high level Crystals that I’ve found were purchased directly from the Merchant, so I definitely want to continue purchasing all that he has.

I’ve tried instead completing each map entirely - not a crate or barrel left unbroken - and I find that I break even, or have just a bit more Gold than I started the map with. It doesn’t seem very time effective to do it this way, though. Another option that I’ve considered is after having used X million Gold, running an Ignis loop until it’s replenished.

What I’m looking for is suggestions from anyone who’s perfected their Crystal farm.

Best way is cartographer map

im farming Cartographer map EP8 from Floor 100-200
im doing it vice versa its just random to get crystal 10-20
but luckily got 1 obsidian today

but if you have millions of gold
you can just buy on merchant which is 3-4 crystal and 1mythstones
but its very expensive T_T

You can consider enchanting equips with Gold Drop Rate, Item Drop Rate and Luck and with that you’ll be making much more gold and equips will have more affixes, more epics and legends found. I’m actually making a set to farm myself and with luck I’ll begin to see more gold. Btw, with those kinds of gear you’ll find a lot more CS/MS and find them at higher tiers as well. Killing two birds with one stone :smiley:

I would suggest you to investing in a “loot build”, which can quickly pays off.

• Item drop +200% (which does mean you’re finding 3x more crystals and mythstones, I’m finding around 15CS/15MS per floor, then just have to fuse them
  • Luck 650% (to get better chances to find Legend items, and so, with luck, “deviants items” which are actually legendary items version with a crystal affix)
  • Gold Find 650% (to get more gold obviously :smile: )

If you’re playing wizard I would suggest you to get teleport and to max it ("+4 teleport" (= 5% x 4 = 20% dmg per affix) and “+all skills” (including teleport))
You can get 20 skills rank through gear (affixes that I talked about above) and in 1.7 20 more skills ranks through “hero skills points”
So that’s how you could get insane dmg as teleport build, warping around and looting your stuffs fast!

If you’re playing a Warrior I would suggest you to get “sprint” or “whirlwind” (check my build “gyroscopic slug” to give you an idea of what affixes to get)
But it’s roughly the same thing : +4 sprint +4 whirlwind +4 allskills, and damage

If you’re playing a Rogue, I can’t really suggest anything cause they are all equal in term of mobility and speed, you can “teleport” on monsters but only if they are close to you, so it’s not like teleport which allow you to warp everywhere, as much as you want :confused:

These are my suggestions:

Build a special set just to hunt for CS/MS.

• Obtain “Item Drop” affix & max it by using MS (I find MS is the easiest way to max this stat).
  • Max your move speed. Running fast will allow you finish the floor faster.
  • The best class for hunting is Wizard with staff & orb. But if you want a warrior build or rogue, then try Spell Sword set + extra attack chance/multi attack affix.

Locations:

• The best place to farm is Challenge maps. Since Challenge maps have higher chance to drop items.
  • You don’t have to reach to higher floors. As long as you on floor 100+, the drop chance will be the same.
  • Low EP will also help you finish the floor faster.

Gold farming:
The best way to get more gold is farming Ignis EP8, he always drop rare+ items. But you’ll have to finish him fast :wink:

Also, if you’re seeking only for CS/MS, you don’t need to play at high EP, since luck doesn’t affect your MS/CS loot rate , only “item drop%” does.
(They are on a different table of rarity than items)

BUT “crystallized items” are counted as “rares leg” (leg++) so you’ll need “luck%” to get them

To gain even more mobility with the Rogue Class, use Smoke Bomb as your OH Weapon, because of it’s skill “Vault”. Together with “+% Movement Speed” you’ll be also moving insanely fast with this class. :smile:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) using Tapatalk.

DQ: CentraLity, Mage Level 99
CentraBPM, Warrior Level 99
Main Account: Remya, Rogue Level 99

Sooooooooo just buy the 201 map until its like 900% all stuff and farm it over n over n over on episode 8?

:question: :question: :question:

My bad I guess the best strategy is to get a high percentage map (over 900% on all bonuses) and farm floor 201 on episode 8…right?

What kind of farming are you talking about? if that’s about MS and CS, you’ve to know that the only affiix which is affecting the loot rate is “item drop%” (max 200), which is got through legend affix, not by map modifiers :smile:

Map doesnt affect this? What about the item chance %? I am pretty sure both map and shrine affect these things dude.

Well, if I am remembering correctly, staff had said that CS/MS drop rates are the same past floor 100… if that is true then:

1. If you are farming for CS/MS, you would do runs of Floor 101+ (maps or regular – if maps, the higher the Item Quantity bonus on the map for the chest, the more you’ll get) with +200% Item Drop Quantity on gear. You won’t need much damage or survivability since it’s EP1 and a low floor.

2. If you are farming for Legendary items (including Crystal items) then you will want to be either Floor 101+ EP8 (maps or regular floors, if maps then you want item quantity and luck bonus) with as much luck and item quantity as you can fit while still slaughtering efficiently OR you will want to be Floor 300+ (for cataclysm) EP8 (maps, so you want item quantity and luck bonus) again, with as much luck and item quantity as you can fit while still killing and surviving.

3. If you are going for gold, then you’re probably best doing Ignis runs (floor 200, EP 8) with Luck and then selling your loot, but Im not 100% sure since I’m not certain how base gold drops scale by floors.

Your idea of chain running the same map wouldn’t work since you would lose the map as soon as you entered it the first time… buying a bunch of maps every time a) slows you down having to find a “high %s map” and can also get expensive. You’re better off just chain running whatever map you get since they’re free if you run to Cartographer rather than clearing the whole place.

What kind of farming are you talking about? if that’s about MS and CS, you’ve to know that the only affiix which is affecting the loot rate is “item drop%” (max 200), which is got through legend affix, not by map modifiers :smile:[/quote]

Not true – per the description when you view a map’s full details, the quantity of items from the chest at the end is modified by the map – the way it is worded suggests this ONLY applies to the items from the chest at the end, not the items from monsters you fight or non-cartographer-chests.

Actually, i’m tired and my brain isn’t working well, if you click on the map, you’ll see the “map modifiers” in which you get “+X% item quantity” which is the equivalent of “+% item drop”
And you can also increse this buy the white shrine

Yeah, indeed, bad Dieter, very bad :blush:

Ha your good bro!

Well for me if you wanna get a crystal item (new version) that will help you i prefer to get 200% item drop rate(just will be harder to kill enemys unless you have a good set)…
If you wanna get more crystals i prefer 550-600% luck so you can get 10+ crystal per floor or play at higher EP(enemy power which i prefer 6-8 and will help you find more CS\MS plus you will have 250+ luck (If you prefer highest EP for better chances as i said before).
And about Gold i prefer you to find a gear with a high Gold Find% like 50+ in each piece of gear you wear etc. amulet , ring , weapon and more plus the EP you choose.In my opinion 500% Gold Find is good . And if you have the green affix Golden Veins(if im right) it will increase your dmg and you will finish your floors - bosses faster.

Hope that helps![emoji1]

RoyalFairy , Rogue Level XX

[quote=“BunnyFuffu”]Well for me if you wanna get a crystal item (new version) that will help you i prefer to get 200% item drop rate(just will be harder to kill enemys unless you have a good set)…
If you wanna get more crystals i prefer 550-600% luck so you can get 10+ crystal per floor or play at higher EP(enemy power which i prefer 6-8 and will help you find more CS\MS plus you will have 250+ luck (If you prefer highest EP for better chances as i said before).
And about Gold i prefer you to find a gear with a high Gold Find% like 50+ in each piece of gear you wear etc. amulet , ring , weapon and more plus the EP you choose.In my opinion 500% Gold Find is good . And if you have the green affix Golden Veins(if im right) it will increase your dmg and you will finish your floors - bosses faster.

Hope that helps![emoji1]

RoyalFairy , Rogue Level XX[/quote]

Please do not listen to this, anyone.

Luck does NOT affect the drop rate of MS/CS – ONLY Item Quantity affects them. This is exactly like in Diablo 2 and it’s because CS and MS are not considered “magic items” such that Luck has any impact on them whatsoever.

If you want Crystal-Legend items then you want Luck since you have to get a Legend in order for it to have a chance to have a Crystal affix, and Luck helps you get Legend items. Item Quantity also helps with getting Crystal-Legend items since it will increase the raw number of drops, so if you can fit both great.

Yeah to get higher crystals you nee item drop but for legends you need luck

Well actually i maybe say them wrong but i think people will get it

Nice try Bunny :laughing: