[Discussion Only] Cheaters & Hackers

so it means we can do it too at future patch when we use jasper the heroic skill will become a empty slot by the way kcell are you a beta tester?

no you cant they fixed it already, its a known bug at the past version of dq, we discovered it unexpectedly, the thing is using bug item is not a cheat, even you, can have that item if you go BACK to that specific version of dq then jasper eternal cognition and eternal divination.

During the testing phase, there are a lot of bugged or different items that come out. There are also legacy items from previous patches that no one can get anymore:

As explained above pre 2.1 official release, you cannot get skill affixes that are not from your class. If you do, the item checker will replace it with a slot.

@eater:
If you jasper a cerebral vortex item into a warrior then back into a wiz, it will turn into skullraga. Skill affixe are tied to the same weapon list when using jasper. The torrent affix being changed into an empty slot when you jaspered the item into a rogue item was a bug.

no one notice it until now right? even a bug report or what ever topic it is… if that’s the case we can go back to 2.1 to do those item and go back at 2.2.
then it means those player will do it is immune from banning? because you exposed the secret how to do it and im sure some are willing to do it even I wanna try this too

1 Like

we did not posted a thread about this bug its directly report to them,

@DaFaQ Good to see you back after a long absence here in the forum. You must be in a hurry to post here when you saw Abner made a post in your group :smile:

@Eater If you were active in the forum or at least reading the bug report thread you should’ve seen that report. Other users had the same problem as well back then when they initially released those new items. So im kinda surprise that this is becoming an issue, well at least for the few of you.

If you were active in battle arena you should’ve seen Adolfhilly using Eternal cognition ring with empty socket. So, what’s causing all this buzz?

omg im the 1 who reported this bug XD

because the tread is lock and it wont update anymore its to deep to do a back read about it and if you already know that it is a bug why you delete the report?

As Refia explained it has to be deleted for visibility. It was posted in Report cheater’s thread and it’s not a cheat. Do I need to explain that further for you?

I am deleting all the “wrong” report due visibility. It has nothing to do with censorship.

yup do a full explanation why it is lock and some post got deleted and how about do a public update to us normal players about what happening in DQ even it is not release

wrong then you must correct it right not delete?

As I said, I am deleting them due visibility.

You can ask any questions about the future of DQ here: Developer Q&A

@Refia well i still dont understand why you allow bug using …
In nearly all RPG or even normal games taking advantage out of bugs and glitches is forbidden and bannable the reason of this quiet harsh punishment is comprehensible and fair since it gives player small advantages over normal players that might not read so much in the forums or didnt get the information about the bug somehow.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3924307

just some pretty popular games and their decisions about bug exploits / using…

1 Like

Hi! To be clear Refia is not a member of shiny box, she only helps moderate the forums in this case.

In nearly all RPG or even normal games taking advantage out of bugs and glitches is forbidden and bannable the reason of this quiet harsh punishment is comprehensible

The difference here is that you’re comparing us to 200 person+ companies that run online required games. We have 2-3 devs devoted to DQ, and DQ is an offline game with client data stored on the phone (extremely easy to hack). I’d say it’s more appropriate to compare us to a Pokemon game (which is still very exploitable).

We try our best to clean up our ranking leaderboards and take care of any reports we see, but spending all our time preventing exploits/cheats in our game does not make sense from a resources required / value, when we could be spending time making content for legit players.

Hope that clears things up!

5 Likes

if you can do a banned league do a testing league too to not make confusion put all your tester in that league.

@SteigerBox
Well okay i see its true i just took out “big company name” as examples(GameFreak is not that small either :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)
I ll not refer to any games now or company’s but its kinda weird that bug using is allowed since you could simply change it by disabling the root of the bug/glitch like at the Eternal conversion bug by disabling the conversion of the item in eternal form…

But isnt there a point a bug can destroy the economy system i mean a Gold/Crystal bug would be a huge thing i mean the people which find these sort of bug could use them and get x gold out of it but i guess u guys will try to fix the bug asap then and after the bug is solved there would be the people who took huge advantage out of the bug and got them huge amount of gold or crystals and now can build perfect pvp pve … sets.
Then there would be the players that didnt noticed the bug in time which ll be angry becouse they missed their opportunity and at least there ll be players that joined the game after the bug got fixed and these players ll be the angriest becouse they didnt even had the opportunity …

I am sure the dev’s fully understand your PoV. The bug is fixed in the current version. The problem is not “Allow” but there is no way to prevent it and little reason to punish it. 2.1 was released to EVERYONE. Should everyone that accidentally encountered the bug be banned? That is idiotic.

There is no such thing a a bug free game. The devs try their best but nothing can prevent unexpected interactions from happening. Within the scope of 2.1, that item is legitimately following the item rules set at that time:

1. You cannot get a skill affix on an item that is not part of your class.
  2. Any affixes that does not follow the item rules are changed into an empty slot.

The item is not much different from the legacy item’s I posted. They are limited time items that is no longer available. I personally choose not to use them in PVP because new players cannot get them but that is my choice. I do not expect everyone to follow the same moral compass as I.

This item below is one of the rarest of legacy items and I want one. >.< It is no different from a normal legendary pet but it has a cyan glow/border.

1 Like

@Clogon As I mentioned before there could be a quick update for fixing/disabling this feature that couses the bug well u even could force players to update before they can play again so there would be more equality …
Well i dont really care about visual effects anyway i was just kinda upset bug exploits were “allowed”…
so DMG/Unique stuff can be get legit except for players that start playing later …

Its not like veteran players shouldnt get any visual special thanks for loyality it just makes players stop playing
if there is an item everyone in the top 10 uses and its to powerful but can not be crafted/droped/bought anymore
…

1 Like

about the cyan pet glow I saw a player got the merlin pet with cyan affix but when he use it the cyan affix gone and the dev says its a bug but in that case only rare?