Enchanting

Is it possible to make an item with all epic affixes? Or are there only a certain amount of epic affixes allowed per non legendary item?

It’s possible to have all 6 affixes be epic :smile:

Confirmed :stuck_out_tongue: got a legendary echo brace all epic.

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

Here’s a screen shot cut that I have from a video I made in my guide. As you can see, all affixes are epic.

This was done by enchanting and removing enchants A LOT! This can also be achieved by finding them this way, as I’ve done so myself, but I refuse to keep the item most of the time because it doesn’t usually have the desired affixes on it.

Could it be possible to have some sort of enchantment where you could chose witch affix you change and for what it would be way essayer and cooler if you wanted to make custom equipment but the constraints would be that it would be very expensive and could only change already existing affixes so it would not replace the enchanting system where you add affixes. :question:

That would kinda ruin the game, because everybody would run around with 3.5M dps. It would also turn the game into a grind fest. And the people buying gold would also be given a huge advantage… So no. Please don’t add “remove 1 enchant” and don’t let the player choose, what to add.

We’ll be keeping the randomization as much as possible in our enchanting systems.

That said, further down the line there could be random drops that reward certain special enchants. This still adheres to our view on how items should be upgraded since we can control how random these drops would be.

[quote=“shutnic”] It would also turn the game into a grind fest. [/quote] I’m already grinding to get the enchantments that I want on my items. I agree it’s maybe not a good idea because everybody while have the same stats but I was just proposing that because it would be nice to have a bit of control so are items could be different depending on are personal preference and not completely random. Even if you can enchant a lot to find your favourite affixes it takes a really long time and you are not always happy with what you got because it’s really hard to get exactly what you want.

I agree with Gathzen, but the devs would have to come up with a system, that…

… Keeps the randomness in the enchanting progress.

… Makes it hard to obtain “perfect” items, because the game should stay challenging, and I don’t imagine 3M dps AND 30k health challenging.

But I heard that the inventory will be redone in 1.4.1 (I think… I’m not 100% sure) and we might see new enchanting mechanics. Who knows?

Enchanting skill perhaps? The higher the skill the more likely to get the enchantment you’re attempting to apply? Random book drops that guarantee one enchantment?(enchantment book idea would be similar to minecraft enchant books if you follow, with the exception of not being able to create them… or perhaps paying large sums of hero points for specific enchanted books.)

Yes… Use hero points!!

I would be afraid if the enchanting changes too much godly items would be to easily obtainable. Although the book idea sounds pretty good they would have to be extremely rare. Even more rare than legendary drops.

I think the hero points should be saved to use for some sort of paragon level system like in D3. Such as they can be used to purchase power, health, and Mana points.

This is very close to what we’re thinking.

This is very close as well :smile:

Hi there! I’ve a question : Can we get Glasscanon through enchanting on a regular offhand? (like an Orb?)
And on a weapon?

Cause I would make a 150% glasscanon stuff, but the others affixes on “Livid’s wicked wand” , the “Astral Communion” and the “Spellbinder” Sucks…

Thanks for letting me know :wink:

You cannot get Glasscannon through enchanting, currently. It’s one of those very powerful affixes that we try to limit to only a few items :smile:

Thanks! So Imma try to get the 3 items which got this affixe! (have 2/3)

Anothers questions :

1. Is it true that “luck %” on gear does affect the “rerolling” system? (more Luck you have, easier it’s to get “epic affixes” ) ?

2. If I’ve :

• 2.00m DPS with 40% crit rate
  • 2.00m DPS with 20% crit rate
    => Is the income of damage the same? or i’ll have more critics with the first build? (crit rate, attk speed and crit dmg are counted in DPS? or these values are independant from DPS?)
    (If you don’t understand my question I can try to explain better, but i’m not english, just speaking a little bit)
  1. Are “extra bolt chance” added to DPS? because I don’t see the difference when my weap got 1 or 2 (2 is the max, right?)

2. Is there a way to look the stuffs of the best DPS? (I wonder how ppl reach 5M, and some I don’t know if some affiixes are worth or not…)
    Like prefering “plague” instead of “amplify” ?

3. The affixe “dmg” is based on weapon? or global dps?

4. Wizardry? does it add “critic rate” on hits wiith an element? (everything except arcane?) Or I misunderstood the meaning ?

5. Amplify? does it add dmg only on DoT? (fire and poison? cause I don’t think arcane, electric and freeze are dot, right?)

6. How “echanting” works? is there a %chance of getting a specified affixe ? (for example : “crit chance : 3%” and “crit chance epic : 0.1%”) ?
    Or is it completly random?
    Is there a difference between the enchanting order? (for example : 1st affixe = X% to get an “epic affixe” … or… 1st affixe = X% to get “crit dmg” ) ? or is it completly random? (i noticed it was easier to get epic affixe on the last slot… so I wonder if it works like that…)

7. After the beta, do accounts will be reseted?

Thanks for the answers, that’s really nice, I’m playin since 1 week, got 2M dps, but I don’t get every mechanics atm!

That’s true!

[quote=“Diieter”]2. If I’ve :

• 2.00m DPS with 40% crit rate
  • 2.00m DPS with 20% crit rate
    => Is the income of damage the same? or i’ll have more critics with the first build? (crit rate, attk speed and crit dmg are counted in DPS? or these values are independant from DPS?)
    (If you don’t understand my question I can try to explain better, but i’m not english, just speaking a little bit)[/quote]
    DPS will increase with more crit

DPS should go up! Depends on which items you’re switching though

[quote=“Diieter”]4. Is there a way to look the stuffs of the best DPS? (I wonder how ppl reach 5M, and some I don’t know if some affiixes are worth or not…)
Like prefering “plague” instead of “amplify” ?[/quote]
One of my projects later on will be to make “Profile” viewing possible. :smile:

Weapon

That’s correct, it adds critical effects ( toxic cloud, immolation, etc )

This applies for every effect now ( including ascendant on arcane )

[quote=“Diieter”]8. How “echanting” works? is there a %chance of getting a specified affixe ? (for example : “crit chance : 3%” and “crit chance epic : 0.1%”) ?
Or is it completly random?
Is there a difference between the enchanting order? (for example : 1st affixe = X% to get an “epic affixe” … or… 1st affixe = X% to get “crit dmg” ) ? or is it completly random? (i noticed it was easier to get epic affixe on the last slot… so I wonder if it works like that…)[/quote]
All affixes are weighted the same, and are just as likely to happen. If it’s epic, it will choose among the epic pool of affixes, which all have an equal chance as well.

We will never reset anything, and we’re technically out of beta now for Droid, but havent made a huge announcement yet…

Thanks for the answers! It’ll help me well and you answered fast! :stuck_out_tongue:

• Noooo If only I knew for the %luck before crafting 3 perfects pieces of stuff with only 100% luck XD ! (I spent 2 days to get these)

• So, the “dps” shown in the attack page isn’t “good” ! I mean, bolt aren’t counted in, and even if you have 2m DPS with 2 differents builds (one with more critical rate, and the other one with more attk speed), you don’t get the real same DPS! (if I understood well ^^)

• For the “extra chance bolt”, what are the possibles affixes? I already saw +1 and +2, but never more! :astonished:

• So … Wizardry is good even with a “electrical build” ? I didn’t know electrical build was dealing DoT! (thought only Poison and Fire) !

• Same chances to get the affixes then, wasn’t sure, because sometimes I got more “attk speed” than “%element dmg” ^^

• So technically… once I reached 60% attk speed with 4 pieces of stuff, I don’t need to get some on the 2 others parts? I still don’t get if these stats are working even if they are capped ^^

• One last question :

What are the most efficient affixes on a wizard build? Because we can get 6 affixes and there is 8 dps affixes!

• crit chance
  • crit dmg
  • extra bolt chance
  • attk speed
  • element dmg
  • +% dmg (based on weapon so I think this is the less efficient? )
  • Glasscanon (the best I guess? hu?)

I wonder if focus or plague is the best too … plague is based on “overage dmg” while focus is based on weapon …

So many questions about the theorycrafting, too bad I don’t got a simulator :stuck_out_tongue:

Just for the record. The dps on stat page is just for leaderboard atm. My warriors dps on stat page is 170k buy I easily do over 1.5mill crits on ep8 floor 200 ignis. Effective dps build > pure dps build, if your looking for kill speed. But if your trying to make it on leaderboard then pure dps is the way to go. My actually dps per second is ruffly 6mill - 10mill. Recorded a fight with ignis and took a 1 second clip out of video and wrote down all my dmg ticks vs him. First video was 8mill a second, second videon was 6mill and last video was 11mill(lots of crits) also my warriors build allows me to attack about 4-5 times per second at 3 hits per attack so in one second I effective hit 12-15 times at 200k-1mill per hit. But my stat page dps says 170k per second. See the difference. I can go in more dept if you need me to.