Eternal Pet Hunting --> Tips and Tricks

no, it is a Wizard Farm Build. I happened to read it again, and noticed Brutal, then read down further and realized no one had noticed no Deadly Strike anywhere (including me). even with only +30% Weaken, the rest of the Build looks like it can do ok, and might not even notice Brutal isn’t working unless trying to farm some higher floors for specific items or better CS/MS. Ruptured with Empyrean (which he has) would do wonders for this Build.

2 Likes

I finally Crafted a Double Nadroji Bonus Climbing Farm Build. I lost my M3 floor 505 Map (forgot to buy one before logging out) and so am climbing there again. thought it might be fun to do it with 2 Nadroji Bonus.

the reason I am posting is that I have always wondered how big of a difference having a second Nadroji Bonus makes when it comes to Enslaver Spawns. I want to do a test eventually to have some numbers to show, but for now, I have noticed a decent enough boost to Enslaver Spawns that it is kind of spooky.

I always notice that I get a Pet because I don’t get them very often, but now it’s almost like every 3-5 maps. at least that’s the way it seems. and at the moment, I am speeding to the Cartographer to get to floor 505 again, and I am still seeing more Enslavers than usual, which is the main reason I want to do an Enslaver Spawn test.

for those of you looking for Eternal Pets, you would need 7 spaces for 2 Nadroji Sets & 2 Nadroji Bonus, and 3 Eternalized Sets. just follow the guidelines set by @Mr_Scooty to make your own Eternal Pet Hunting Build. if you want better chances for just getting Legend Pets, then 6 spaces, 4 Nadroji Sets & 2 Nadroji Bonus. plus whatever you need for +1012% Luck.

I don’t really need Eternal Pets, but what I do like using Double Nadroji Bonus for is speeding up the process of maxing out the stats on my Pets. eventually I will make an Eternal Pet Hunter to fill in my Eternal Pet collection in the codex.

2 Likes

And following on from my friend @Golem you can do the same floors very easy but keep an eye on luck. Try to get as close as you can to 1012 percentage. But don’t expect miracles. It’s an hard grind but you can improve the odds.

my Luck is +850%, because I feel like I am not ready to Craft a decent +1012% Luck/Gold Find Farm Build with Epiphany. I have come to the conclusion that any Farm build I make with these needs to be both Simple & Fun. I am always trying to make these extravagant Farm Builds. I think I need to save the Extravagance for my Climbing & Arena Builds. :nerd_face: :face_with_monocle: :thinking:

1 Like

And also remember the enslaver is an epic enemy and so if you reroll your map stats using chrystals to get epic enemies then more enslavers. Legend and eternal maps should never be rushed. You may find one. And potentially a great pet.

I remember a post about getting 2 Enslavers on a Map? but I think it was done using Monster Boosts from the Shop.

1 Like

Monster boost rocks but guarantees nothing other than completing enslaver quests rapidly and dropping useless pets. I’ve tested it.

1 Like

You get 2 enslaver on a map when completing the spawn legend or mythic enslaver quests. You kill one epic enslaver to complete the quest and the legend or mythic spawns. The trick is to save a legend or eternal map to complete the feat and so a legend pet drop may be eternal. I once dropped 2 eternal pets on 2 consequetive maps. But that was sheer luck.

1 Like

Okay it’s guide update time. The game has been changed and so some of this guide no longer applies. Some of the guide still applies. Now this addition is for the newish player who cannot afford monster boosts, ascending, or does not have a perfect magic find build. First the news is good and bad. To guarantee an eternal pet eventually you need to do speed runs at floor 401 at least and you must complete the map. Why 401 ? Just to complete the enslaved tasks which will get you a legend or eternal pet. In that case save any gold you find and ascend at least once and choose the accomplished perk which speeds up the rate for all task completions. The enslaver appears randomly now on any map. But recent testing has revealed lots of enslavers (Only if you complete the map :sunglasses:) . Now the good news is you can do runs 401+ on any difficulty :grinning:

1 Like

actually, @Mr_Scooty did an update for Patch 3.0 somewhere in the middle of the Thread (Post 116 in this Thread). the original post was actually asking for help on the subject, then he had a total of 3 posts for Pet Hunting Builds, the second an update on the first, and the third an update for the second, which is the current one for 3.0.

at the moment, I am running a Farm Build without any Nadroji or Nadroji Bonus, and I am definitely seeing fewer Enslavers than I would with a double Nadroji Bonus Farm Build. I do, however, think that one Nadroji Bonus does increase the chances of Enslaves a little bit, but not as much as using two.

1 Like

I still have double nadroji bonus
and most of the guide still applies. But if you’re a newbie that can farm at floor 401 very easy then you will probably have dropped an nadroji bonus item anyway. :sunglasses:

1 Like

true. first a player needs to farm for the items needed to make an Eternal Pet Hunting Build. my build is geared more towards getting Legend Pets more often. even though I got Merlin Imp with my Floor Climbing Build… :roll_eyes: , and it wasn’t even the Legend Pet reward for finishing the Enslaver Feat :confused: !

1 Like

What is the max explosion allowed? I have a 520% explosive legend affix on my Melioda’s Hilt, but the stat page says Explosive is 420%. Also, does this work only on the one weapon, or does the one affix on the MH affect the OH as well?

*Sorry, I realize this is off topic.

Melodies hilt is a deadly sins item. It increases all the % on all your items but reduces all your set bonuses to 1 per set. So if you have 4 to all sets on gear then you only get 1. Deadly sins users tend to stick to the entire set for that reason . All affixes are capped but you can raise the cap ( e.g. Using epiphany set bonus.) Deadly sins on its own will not raise the cap but will make it easier to max out your % chances so that you reach the normal cap without constantly repeating affixes on gear ( e.g. You can get away with one deadly strike affix rather than two)

. Deadly sins also effects Crystal affixes. Ignore what it says.

1 Like

Explosion has a cap of 2000. from what you are seeing on the stat page versus what is on the item, it seems as though SDS can raise an affix over Cap, but the Stat Page only shows what is on the item before it is increased by SDS bonus. so if you have 2000 on the Stat Page with 5 SDS on your gears, I guess you would have Explosion of 2500. if you had a Build with Epiphany (5), your cap for Explosion would be 2500, so you could have 6 Explosion for 2400 instead of 5 for the 2000 cap.

it doesn’t matter which item Explosion is on, or which skill causes the Legend Explosion, DMG from Explosion is +% of MH. each enemy hit has a 5% chance to cause an Explosion each time it is hit. so if you cast Storm and there are 5 enemies in range of the Storm, they each get hit 4 times a second for 5 seconds. on average, each of them would get hit by Explosion at least once during the Storm as long as they’re still alive for the full 5 seconds. Storm 40 is 8 hits a second, so they would each average 2 Explosions possible for the duration of the Storm. any of them close enough to the other would be in the AoE of the Explosion, so would be damaged by more than one Explosion. I have read that the Explosion itself can cause any enemy hit by it to have another 5% chance to cause another Explosion, but I haven’t tested that myself.

1 Like

Id Listen to @Golem :sunglasses: I come up with crazy ideas and he works out the maths and says that the idea is good or crap :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m using a double Nadroji on my farmer and have sacrificed eternalised because I have the treasured perk. But that’s late game gambling. Without the perk then keep eternalized.

Hmmmm I was replying to the wrong post :joy:

Ha! For the record I have treasured :slight_smile:

2 Likes