Exp boost - diminished value with level difference?

Ok. Uploading in a minute. :slight_smile:

Ok. Itā€™s uploadedā€¦ but Iā€™ve leveled much more since this morningā€¦ you will notice that my exp gain is now up much higher.

Iā€™m guessing partially because heroā€™s are much closer together in level etcā€¦ butā€¦

If you have any way to roll that wiz down to lvl 62ā€¦ thatā€™s where he was and the results are much more drastic.

Ok, can you open your inventory, tape the ā€œSTATSā€ button, then press on the ā€œAdventureā€ icon at the bottom of the page.
Tell me what your ā€œTotal Exp Gainā€ % is for both your warrior and wizard.

Very important to understand that im almost level 100 againā€¦

As ive leveled up, the value that has been out has slowly gone up. Again, at lvl 62 i had 70ish % listed before boost, after boost just around 95ish%. If you can dial back the wizards level you may see this, if notā€¦ well, tommorow when i ascen again, i will reproduce it and take the screenshots.

Ohā€¦ i might have hit shrinesā€¦ dammit. I was in a map, lol. Lemme fresh screenshot that.

Theres the unbuffed proper stats.

1 Like

ok cool, we match!

1 Like

ok, I think what you are seeing is the penalty for running characters of different levels. I need to confirm this by letting your boosts run completely out and then test again.

What I did on my end:
Played with your warrior at lead and wiz as hireling. Checked XP gain when the warrior was killing enemies (avg was 234K) and then used your wizard as point character and warrior as hireling. Reloaded the floor, killed some enemies, and checked xp gain (avg was around 268K).

I then ran your character level up, and ascended them. Wizard went from 185% to about 88% Total Exp Gain.
Wizard was level 1, and lost the access to their equipment. As I leveled the wizard back up I was able to equip all the gear again and was back to 185% once I got all the equipment again.

I am still going to run some more tests on my end and then talk with steiger about the test results. I need to drain the boost again so I will let it sit over night and come back to it in the morning.

3 Likes

Ok. And if you recall I mentioned that as one possibility earlierā€¦ but i stand by imo a paid boost should not suffer those rules. It makes it near useless.

Anyways. Ty @tdaniel for all this time. Follow up later. Nite nite :slight_smile:

1 Like

So Iā€™m guessing it was because using two characters for ascension. Using one character for levelling up seems faster imo but then again, it works however you like it. Maybe thatā€™s when the exp boost affected?

But I could have thought it be flat 100% regardless as thatā€™s how I remember having experience boost alot of the time. Maybe I never tested hirling exp levelling up except from level 1 to 20.

Letā€™s see how this goes. Good luck.

1 Like

This is how it should be IMO, as the boost description in store indicates 100%. If the developers feel differently, I hope to see the description label updated. To be fair, I only address this concern because it involves real money and did NOT perform as advertised.

Stillā€¦ my love for DQ and shiny box has not faltered. :slight_smile:

Also, Shiny Box Support gets a huge :thumbsup: from me just based on the time @tdaniel put into this in the wee hours of the night

1 Like

I still need to get someone else to look at this on the code end, and I will make sure to update this when it is confirmed or not:

Based off of the tests I ran this morning and last night it looks like it is giving you 100% more but your hireling character only gets a small % of the overall XP awarded.

Example:
If you have a level 99 character as your main and a level 10 character as a hireling the hireling will have a xp penalty.
The xp boost applies to your current xp gain values (even beyond the cap). So a level 10 hireling may be getting 242k per enemy killed but because their is a penalty associated with being a lower level hireling. They donā€™t get all of the exp that was gained for that kill.

While the boost is functioning correctly (and awarding 100% more xp per kill) the fact that you are power leveling the hireling effects the amount XP that is actually awarded to the character regardless of the boost value.

1 Like

Yup. As I suspected. But again, I personally feel a paid boost should not suffer that penalty. Thatā€™s kinda been my point all along as I suspected this was issue right from the OP.

I think that the penalty is fine towards all exp affixes values etcā€¦ but the boost should be the one rule breaker, added flat on top of all other reductions and calculations. If you get my meaning and mindset

ty sir

Reading your first post it comes off that the XP boost does not work. As if it is not actually giving you a 100% boost to the experience that is generated when you defeat an enemy.

The boost does give you 100% to the experience, but the hireling gameplay system is limiting what your hireling (or main character if they are lower level) gets in terms of actual.

If this was not the case you could go to floor 200 with a maxed out level 99 character and a level 1 hireling character, kill one enemy, and level up your hireling 20 levels. This was not our intention when we made the hireling system.

What you are describing would be a Hireling Level Boost where we ignore the exp gain limits when using a hireling.

2 Likes

Mmmā€¦ Iā€™m not sure we are seeing or on same page.

Today I will ascend againā€¦ and screen shot my exp stat and show you what I mean at lower level.

Before buying boost and after buying boostā€¦ 100% is not added to the value.

I mean, I get where youā€™re coming from, hopefully though you understand why Iā€™m pointing at a stat that does not reflect even close to 100% added to exp.

For the recordā€¦ no where on boost description does it say ā€œā€œdoes not work on hireling etcā€ā€

Do you play on apple or android?

Android.

dm me the email address you use for google play.

Done

@tdaniel

I will read over all this thread and try rewording perhaps? The last thing I want is to sound bashingā€¦ love you guys. Reminds me of grinding gear games around here. Pure quality. :slight_smile: