Exp boost - diminished value with level difference?

Basically ascending with hirling isn’t the best idea . I mean it was even worse before the 100%+ exp gain to hirling without boost when ascending was first a thing. Negative exp gain used to exist when using hirling ascension so solo was more helpful.

Now it does work as well to ascend with hirling but yeah the boost being limited by hirling can be a thing and the exp shrine also limited via hirling , as well as quest stones. Although tbh I didn’t know hirling can limit the exp boost . At least no negative exp gain though.

Hirling ascension to level 20 character is fine but above that, using solo exp farming is faster imo. Solo farming using level 20 character on a floor with 6 quest stones that it can do well at and packsize and it should get to level 50 quite quickly. It’s that reason why I wanted to let more people know. That level 1 character can have quest stones and levelling up to 20 as a hirling.

Did you test 100% exp boost on solo? It does/should give exactly 100%. Although I understand why you want it to be flat 100% regardless.

The hirling limiting exp gain system was always around and it’s understandable why the character doesn’t have to level as fast using hirling system since it was in place before Ascensions were put in mind and kept even for Ascensions so it doesn’t feel too fast.

Good luck @Homicide on your ascension and it’s good that I learnt something new and you too.

1 Like

This ascension is now done. Starting another… 0.0
Lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good luck. Knowing you, I bet you’d get eternal 99 in a couple days xD.

1 Like

I just read this whole post, and I am thinking that there is a penalty to experience based on the difference in levels between the Main and Hireling Toons. the bigger the difference, the bigger the penalty. I think your wizard was getting the 100% boost, but it was on the experience he got AFTER the experience penalty. so the boost wasn’t penalized. at least that is what I got from what @tdaniel posted. now, I could be wrong, so please don’t :hot_pepper: me.

Correct… I believe that’s exactly the case… sort of.

There’s a discrepancy in data though, which I can only truly prove at low level. Something in the calculation >> screen display.

Don’t fret, I will show my findings.

Trust Me, I thought I was crazy when only I kept saying ““no enslaver”” on maps while spawn boosted.

Anyways, it’s all good. @tdaniel has been very great, and I’m hoping to hear back soon because I noticed strange account activity and until I do hear back I can’t spend ching ching on DQ… ocd like that.
Need my numbers making sense.

well, he is sure busy this weekend. besides, you were using a lot of boosts in a short time, and you noticed something, and asked questions, because something didn’t seem right. people who use boosts infrequently probably didn’t see anything wrong. I bet someone ( @tdaniel ) is wondering how a little paid for boost is making him loose sleep this weekend. :sleepy::sleeping:

Hopefully he’s not losing sleep. Lol

1 Like

I made a video using your pulled down character after testing this for a bit, Homicide.

EXP Boost

The most straight forward way to show the impact was to start with a level 1 character and I paired it with a level 99 fully ascended character with Max hero points. The reason that character is a hireling in this example is because if you were to play with them in game no XP numbers would appear over your bar since both your level and hero points are maxed.

You can see at the start (before I use the boost) I am getting between 300 and 700 xp. The amount varies depending on the enemy I kill.

Once I use the XP boost that XP number jumps to the 1600 range.

The XP boost only effects the amount of XP that the monsters generate. The “total Exp Gain” number listed on the Adventure selection of the “Stats” tab shows your total exp gain after all calculations are complete. That includes any ascension bonuses, any gear bonuses, shrine, pet, map, etc.

It is showing up here in an order of operations where it sums all of your Exp effects. Where as the boost just flat increases the amount of exp enemies award when they are defeated by 100%.

Currently at level 5 that wizards “Total Exp Gain” stat is .5% (accounting for the level difference between that character and the hireling).

When that character enters a floor 200 mythic 3 map with no hireling their “total Exp Gain” stat is 100% at level 5

When that character is level 99 on a floor 200 mythic 3 map with the same hireling their “total Exp Gain” stat is 100% but they don’t get any XP since they are maxed.

3 Likes

thx @tdaniel.

1 Like

Applause. Amazing support and results. Thanks @tdaniel

1 Like

Actually, you can clearly see before boost one magic slime give 368? After boost magic slime 552?. The 1600ish is involving an epic kill. Wouldn’t 100% more yield 700-750ish (736)?

I am still convinced something’s askew. But, I am also satisfied with the work done here resolving this.

However, now that we are all in agreement that character level difference is behind this, I will post my question with the stat page and numbers in question soon.

Thanks everyone.

Thanks @tdaniel for the video and thank you everybody for helping each other understand the game just that bit more.

Thanks everyone.

even with the level difference penalty modifier for Main and Hireling, using a high level Toon with a low level Toon Hireling, the Hireling will still level up fast. also, I am guessing, that if someone put the high level Toon as the Hireling, and the low level Toon as the Main, the penalty only affects the Main. also, if both are getting experience, do both get penalized, or just the lower level Toon?

Lol. I give up. I tried to point out the oversight, but the video has been removed.

Bottom line. The potion works well… tested by myself for hours now. Tested and demonstrated by tdaniel also.

So the wee bit of issue that I just cant get anyone to understand… frig it. I’m moved on.

The video just got moved to the support account instead of my personal gmail account…I just didn’t update the link.

1 Like

Ok. Ty. All good.

PS : also, I believe my initial reaction and presentation may have been a little over zealous. Easy to misinterpret.

it has been fixed (the video is back)

2 Likes