Explosive and frozen

Does explosive and frozen stack?

how do you calculate explosive?
The description says % of mh damage so if i have 400% explosive and 100k mh dps is the explosive damage 40000k?

Ty in advance

DPS = Damage per second

You do not suddenly convert DPS into Damge. It makes no sense. Explosive will do 400% of your MH Damage. If you do 1 damage per ATTACK, then it would do 4.

the most important part here is the MH damage range… it looks “xxxx-xxxxx damage”, but you have to understand that on top of that you have +%weapon dmg, +weapondmg, +%ice/fire/poison/arcane/lightning dmg, +%crit chance, +%crit damage,… it can result in millions of dmg in the area

Go to your Stats tab, Offense, then arrow over to Default, that is your MH dmg.

1 Like

Would that also be the order of importance when deciding how to outfit your weapons?

Would that also be the order of importance when deciding how to outfit your weapons?[/quote]
No, +5000 dmg should always be better than %.

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.

Would that also be the order of importance when deciding how to outfit your weapons?[/quote]
No, +5000 dmg should always be better than %.

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.[/quote]

Thanks

No, +5000 dmg should always be better than %.[/quote]
It depends on the weapon. As seen in the DPS formula, WD% is multiplied by both the quality and the base damage of the item creating a cubic function. So if it has high base damage and high quality, the boost from 50 WD% will be more than +WD. A good example would be Chakrams. They have HUGE base, 5850~9750. At a 25% quality, the 50 WD% will increase the damage from 7312.5~12187.5 to 10968~18281.25 which is close to +5000 but not there yet. Now change that Chakram to an Eternal one then the 100 WD% will give a lot more than the 10000 WD. It goes from 8775~14625 to 17550~29250 with WD% which is more than 18775~24625.

No, +5000 dmg should always be better than %.[/quote]
It depends on the weapon. As seen in the DPS formula, WD% is multiplied by both the quality and the base damage of the item creating a cubic function. So if it has high base damage and high quality, the boost from 50 WD% will be more than +WD. A good example would be Chakrams. They have HUGE base, 5850~9750. At a 25% quality, the 50 WD% will increase the damage from 7312.5~12187.5 to 10968~18281.25 which is close to +5000 but not there yet. Now change that Chakram to an Eternal one then the 100 WD% will give a lot more than the 10000 WD. It goes from 8775~14625 to 17550~29250 with WD% which is more than 18775~24625.[/quote]

I maintain my previous statement.

Your 5850-9750 “base” already has IQ figured in once, you can’t do it again. And even if you wanted to, you only figured it twice into the 50% equation, but neglected it in the +5000.

5850-9750 Ă— .50 = 8775-14625

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.

A siege weapon… :open_mouth:

Rubik, i didnt say anythink about the order of importance… i meantioned all of those coz all these affixes take part in the calculations

It was very late. I couldnt find one, had to make one. :wink:

I know you didn’t, but bradoplata asked if they were in order, I was just letting him know they weren’t.

[quote=“Rubik”][quote=“Unities”]
It depends on the weapon. As seen in the DPS formula, WD% is multiplied by both the quality and the base damage of the item creating a cubic function. So if it has high base damage and high quality, the boost from 50 WD% will be more than +WD. A good example would be Chakrams. They have HUGE base, 5850~9750. At a 25% quality, the 50 WD% will increase the damage from 7312.5~12187.5 to 10968~18281.25 which is close to +5000 but not there yet. Now change that Chakram to an Eternal one then the 100 WD% will give a lot more than the 10000 WD. It goes from 8775~14625 to 17550~29250 with WD% which is more than 18775~24625.[/quote]

I maintain my previous statement.

Your 5850-9750 “base” already has IQ figured in once, you can’t do it again. And even if you wanted to, you only figured it twice into the 50% equation, but neglected it in the +5000.

5850-9750 Ă— .50 = 8775-14625

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.[/quote]

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I mentioned (bolded in the embedded quote) that a normal +25% IQ chakram does not have enough IQ for WD%>+WD. Only an Eternal Chakram with its +50%IQ will be able to do so. And no, the 5850~9750 does not include IQ. As seen by my screenshot below, my -1% IQ has 5850~9750 damage. So either the Dictionnary is wrong or something is bugged with DPS calculations. The numbers just do not add up. :frowning: Edit: Thank you for your screenshots. This flaw would have gone unnoticed without them.

@ Unities

Eternals don’t belong in this conversation as they can’t be changed. You don’t get to pick one affix or the other. Even if you could, eternals double affixes, and +dmg would then still overtake +%.

The question was, which affixes were best when crafting your weapon. The answer is +5000 is better than 50%. All of this is pretty useless, since BOTH should be present every time.

And yes, I agree that something here is not adding up mathematically.

I am not disagreeing with this but not all Eternals have access to both. And the fact that they cannot be changed is why this discussion is important at figuring out the strength of each Eternal. With the formula found in the dictionnary: DPS=<{[BWD*(1+WD%)(1+IQ)]+WD}{1+ED%}+ED>/AS, WD% should eventually overtake +WD as seen in the “random eternal chakram” calculation below:
(5850~9750)(1+1)(1+0.5)+0=17550~29250 with 100 WD% .
(5850~9750)(1+0)(1+0.5)+(7500~12500)=16275~27125 with +10000 WD (as seen in your +5000 screenshot, the +WD is varies between 75% and 125%).

But since something is currently wrong (either the given formula or DPS bug), the calculations above cannot be used leaving the potention strength of Eternals unknown. :frowning:

Edit:
I really want to know the actual formula so I can prioritize the eternals and know which ones to aim for my “dream build”.

Ok, I’ve re read all of this with a fresh brain this morning. Last night I was at the tail end of a 15 hr testing marathon. :smile:

First, I was mixing dps and straight damage formulas a few times in my figures. Second, dps formula uses BWD, base weapon damage. Which in our range is 7800, making calculations easier. There is then the ±25% variance, which you mentioned.

This all is then figuring base weapon dps only. A number which I don’t think factors into SKILL dps… weapon dmg > weapon dps. I’ll try to find examples of what I mean.

I am not disagreeing with this but not all Eternals have access to both. And the fact that they cannot be changed is why this discussion is important at figuring out the strength of each Eternal.[/quote]

The fact that they cannot be changed, is exactly why the calculations do not matter. Simply substituting one item for the other and the calculations are done for you. These calculations help when you have room for adding one last affix, and you must decide which provides the most benefit. Eternals remove your choice. You can sit and calculate every Eternals potential, but that doesn’t help you find them. You can only choose from what RNG has given you, and at that point, formulas don’t help you.

Furthermore, don’t waste so much time analyzing Eternals.

Yet. :wink:

These calculations take seconds to do as it is a very simple formula. But the one given is not correct so :frowning:. Different maps drop different Legends so you can hunt some specific Eternals by only going to those maps and remove others from the pool. Also every 500 epic monsters give you a guarenteed eternal. So you can greatly affect which Eternal you get.

Also the DPS shown in the UI is not fully correct with the given formula. There is indeed an error somewhere. I’ll let the devs figure out what is wrong since I want to concentrate on playing the game. I am not 99 yet. Thank you for this discussion. I’ll be killing monsters now. XD

1 Like

Happy hunting then! :smile:

I always see [color=#FF0000]EXPLOSIVE[/color] on a Weapon with a FIRE element…
Does it mean that when you change the FIRE to ICE/POISON/SHOCK the [color=#FF0000]EXPLOSIVE[/color] will not work anymore?

For FROZEN - is this the one who FREEZE enemy?
Except from being literally FREEZE,does the FROZEN also the one who cause enemy being SLOWED?
coz i has a FROZEN IMMUNE affix on my RING,but im still getting SLOWED (not FREEZE,and even without the Frozen Immune Affix im not Freezing at all).

1. Explosive = Fire Elemeltal Crit. If you change the element, you will change the Elemental Crit too. Shock = Paralysis, Ice = Frozen and Poison = Toxic.

2. Frozen and chilled are 2 different status effects. When you are Frozen, you turn into a block of ice that cannot move. Only enemies with the Elemental or Frozen affixe can freeze you.