Explosive?

Can ice element trigger the explosive or should i use fire element?

1 Like

All element can trigger explosive including arcane. Also there is a frozen set that make mobs explode when they are killed while frozen.

Thank you… so i will remove the explosive because it have 5% only to trigger… Another waste of ruby​:pleading_face::pleading_face:

1 Like

it depends on your Build. although Explosive only has a 5% chance to cause an attack to explode, if you have a lot of attacks, you increase your chances to cause an Explosion in a shorter amount of time.

Comet has an APS of 1.75. that is 3.5 attacks every 2 seconds. with +60% APS is 2.8 for 5.6 attacks every 2 seconds. if you put +4 Multi Attack, then you would have 5 Comets attacking 5.6 times every 2 seconds. Comet has it’s own AoE explosion when it hits a target, and Comets explosion can also cause Explosion to any enemies in the AoE.

Storm has an Attack Frequency of 4 attacks a second for 5 seconds in an AoE. 40 Skill Points in Storm increases the Attack Frequency to 8 attacks a second for 5 seconds. doesn’t matter if there is 1 or 20 enemies in the Storms AoE, they each have a chance of a 5% Explosion for each hit while in the Storm.

also, Fire, Poison, and Bleed DoT can cause Explosion. so can Reflect Damage.

basically, a slow attacking Build would do bad with Explosion, but a fast or lots of attack Build would do great.

hope this helps. actually, I didn’t like using Explosion for the same reasons you do, but I recently Crafted a Farming Build & Floor Climbing Build with +400% Explosion. I tried +800% for a little while, but that Build wasn’t optimized for 2+ Explosive affixes.

3 Likes

sorry for Necropost, but I forgot to mention that the explosion from Explosive also has a 5% chance to cause an explosion, so you could get a small chain reaction in a mob of enemies.

there are some old posts from players who froze their screens on older devices with Explosive chain reactions on mobs.

1 Like

How well would Explosive work with Scalp @ 0.5s cooldown?

lets look at Twister. Twister has an Attack Frequency of 0.25 a second and lasts 5 seconds and has a Taunt ability. if you cast Twister and it Taunts 10 nearby enemies, they all get hit 4 times a second for 5 seconds, or 20 hits each. at a 5% chance to cause Explosion, that will come out to an average of 10 Explosions in 5 seconds. since Taunt pulls all 10 enemies close together, lets say they are all close enough to all get hit by each Explosion. that comes out to an average of 5 more explosions. a 5% chance means another 2-3 explosions. 5% chance for 1-2 more explosions.

now if you had Twister 40 with +60% Cooldown, you could have up to 5 Twisters in a row with an Attack Frequency of 5.6 a second all hitting the same 10 enemies for 5 seconds (that comes out to about 26 hits a second for as long as you are casting Twister and the enemy isn’t dead yet) which means a higher chance of doing some great Explosive Chain Reaction damage!

as you can see, if RNG is really good to you, you could get a lot of explosions, and if RNG is being stingy you might get a few explosions but no chain explosion. this is why Explosion works better on Pack Size Maps than on any other Map. plus, some skills can do better with Explosive than others.

1 Like

Since my offense is almost purely OH, it looks like Explosive won’t work.

Update / edit:
I just tried Explosive anyways, and WOW, Taunt is dropping all enemies almost instantly. I don’t see a visual explosion, but pulled-in enemies are toast.

Based on what I’m seeing, I can’t tell if Explosive isn’t doing anything with Scalp, but Taunt is insane.

Another edit / addition: I previously haven’t used Explosive since it says “400% MH.” Since my attacks are from OH and proc, I understood this to mean it wouldn’t work, but in fact, it’s actually revolutionizing my ability to easily dispose of taunted packs.

What’s going on here? :exploding_head:

1 Like

Explosive does MH damage, but any attack has a chance of causing the 5% chance explosion. so if you are using your OH as your main damager, you should have at least an Epic +100% Weapon Damage on the MH so the Explosive affix can do some decent damage.

which class are you using? using one of the 2 top BWD weapons will also give Explosive better damage while you wreck your enemies with Taunt.

if you are using Poison to really mess up your enemies when you Taunt them into a group, then each enemy in Taunt has a 5% chance to explode for each attack by Taunt, for each Poison DoT, for each Toxic DoT, and for each explosion. and any attacks by Procs have a 5% chance to cause an explosion for each attack, and of course, each explosion has a 5% chance to cause another explosion…

1 Like

I use Warrior with a Rogue hireling.

Here’s is my current equipment, although I have several pieces I switch out depending on what my goal is and what floor.

It’s purely a farming build, and as you can see, my lone Eternal item is solely focused on raising farming stats since OH is my offense. Basically I rely on the Lance for blistering move speed charging through floors.

Scalp and taunt take care of the rest.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I have an absurd amount of crystals, stones, and dust.

1 Like

nice ‘Wand’, I mean Lance! it has great affix values!

since it’s for Farming, and if you have enough Ruby’s, keep taking off the Move Speed on the Crown until you get a Move Speed +25% (that extra 0.8% will do a little more damage with Momentum), and if you want a little more damage, switch the Crit Chance on Simba to +50% Bleed Damage. this is really good since Scalp 40 gives +100% Bleed damage, and with +50% Bleed, your Bleeds will be 3x Bleed damage per Tic, but only if you are ok with losing a little Crit Chance.

just so you know, the Hireling doesn’t need Gold Find on it, so you could put something else there instead if you do.

what I did with my Farming build is even though I have Epiphany, My Gold Find, Luck, & Item Drop are at Cap, but go to Epiphany Cap when I activate the Green & White Shrines. the sad thing is that when I made my Epic Farm Hireling, I forgot to have an Epiphany Set (5) on it, and messed up my Luck %. so that is my next project, fixing my Epic Farm Hireling (I don’t have enough Ultra Rare Crystals, which is why I’m crafting a Farm Hireling…)

1 Like

.can i participate on sharing my farming build to…
.this build so simple, even newcomers can make it…
.and trust me, this build work great atleast around 1k floors…

also it will increase your goodies drop…

1 Like

Omagaddd the true Full Of Greed set :laughing:

1 Like

Awesome! I like it! Please post your pet, and if you don’t mind, reveal the affixes of that Eternal Simba. I want him!

Screenshot_20231016_032326

1 Like

.nope i will not do that… :see_no_evil:
*EDIT
.here’s my farming companion…

3 Likes

o.o +75℅ luck and others are Really perfect! That’s actually cool

1 Like

eventually, the affixes on a Pet will max out after finishing a bunch of Enslaver Feats.

2 Likes

@JellyDQ

.too greedy…

2 Likes

Please identify Simba! :rofl:

1 Like

Whaaaa your luck is Crazy!

My luck smol :>

1 Like