General questions

hello

i’ve been mad addicted to this game so far lol

although I’m only lv48, i’ve been progressing as myth 3 difficulty without problems (die here, there lol, oh well)

anyways, my questions are:
what are “champion talent” skills?
what is brinkstrike proc?

I’m a warrior & i’ve looked at my set of skills, I don’t see any of these 2 related skills.

dungeonquest.wikia.com/wiki/Affixes :smile:

Thanks but I was looking to more of the “what they are” kinda thing; not “item description” of them.

Like what is blinkstrike proc? A skill? What kind of skill? What effects does it have?

What are “champion talents”? How do I become a champion?
(Looks like a specific type of class according to wiki).

I have found items with both of these.

Blinkstrike are one of the Rogue‘s mainhand skills (Rogue equiped with Dagger) it teleports the caster to the target enemy dealing xxx% weapon damage , editProc is a process triggered by chance or random or particular game occurance… “BlinkStrike Proc” gives you a chance/ability to cast blinkstrike when you do normal attacks or casting spell even if youre not a Rogue and not using dagger as mainhand weapon.

I dont use warrior so im not sure about Champion Talent but its one of the warriors talent tree.

[quote=“solid_ice8”]Thanks but I was looking to more of the “what they are” kinda thing; not “item description” of them.

Like what is blinkstrike proc? A skill? What kind of skill? What effects does it have?

What are “champion talents”? How do I become a champion?
(Looks like a specific type of class according to wiki).

I have found items with both of these.[/quote]

dungeonquest.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue
Dagger : Special Skil : BlinkStrike
“Teleports to targeted enemy, dealing 600% Weapon DMG”

dungeonquest.wikia.com/wiki/Warrior
Champion talents :
Chest : Hardened / Blessed
Head : Might / Cleanse
Ring : Zealous / Clearity
Amulet : Prayer / wrath

I’m fairly certain “proc” originated as a shorter way to say “programmed random occurrence”. I could be wrong here, but DQ is the only place I’ve seen it stated as short for “process”.

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

I used this as a reference - http://www.wowwiki.com/Proc

I’ve seen both, honestly.

1 Like

I used this as a reference - http://www.wowwiki.com/Proc

I’ve seen both, honestly.[/quote]

Guess you learn something new everyday! To me, “programmed random occurrence” just made sense, since most thing called “procs”, are usually a programmed random occurrence.

1 Like

[quote=“dnix”]
Guess you learn something new everyday! To me, “programmed random occurrence” just made sense, since most thing called “procs”, are usually a programmed random occurrence.[/quote]

Yeah both make sense to me, so I just picked the first reference I could find :smile:

If I have the legend affix time warp proc % should casting comet have a chance of causing time warp to be cast as it seems that only my secondary skill meteor or in my case teleport using my orb can proc it to cast, and casting comet never causes time warp to be proc’ed. is this intentional or is it a bug? Thanks

Stand there and do nothing but use comet for 1hr. Then, tell me that it does not work. All procs are working perfectly fine. Random is random.

1 Like

No it doesn’t work. 100% certain it doesn’t. I’m using comet with spell sword on my wizard. It prods perfectly with meteor and using teleport but doesn’t work with comet.

Proc’s

Obviously it’s a bug then if it’s intended to work with comet, maybe it’s through my setup of using gauntlet + spell sword.

Mind being a bit clearer?

You have “timewarp proc%” and it doesn’t proc on comets? right?

I’m using comets and it’s proc’ing correctly, I tried with 25% 50% and 100%, it works fine :dieter:

Well I’m using an eternal icy grip gauntlet, I have spell sword set thus changing my spells from blast/twister to comet/meteor. I tried with one legend affix of time warp proc at 20ish % just as a test to see if I could fit it into my build but it would not proc at all using comet. I ran about 5 maps and didn’t get a single proc with comet. It proc’d nicely using meteor or using teleport. My comet has multi attack and I’m using living force none of which should cause any problems as far as I know.

This is very weird. It works fine for my wiz who uses gauntlet and spell sword too. Are you using android or iOS? What is your AS (attack speed)?

I’m playing on iOS. I have maxed attack speed. I shall try it again and see if it was just a anomaly when I enchanted my item as I have since changed my affixes again as I thought it wouldn’t proc from comet so I disregarded it. I’ll try it again in the next day or so.

You should double check the description of procs… They are chance per second. Having AS greatly reduces your Chance/Attack. Lets say you have 20% proc timewarp but do 10 attacks/sec. This roughly translates to 2% chance to cast timewarp per attack. Good luck having that activate! To test it out literally just stand there for an hour and do nothing but comets. You will see that it works fine.