Golem Ascending - Again! Rogue + Warrior

last night I started Ascending my Rogue Main & Warrior Hireling. I have been using a Wizard that I Ascended for 6 Perks for about a year, and now I am doing the same for the other 2 Classes, but I am doing them as a Team. just got to 5th Floor on M3 using only Random Items I find. since it has been a long time that I used a Rogue, and I never really got serious with Warrior, this will be a nice learning experience. I have an idea for what kind of Ascending Builds I want for both of them, but I am going to spend some time getting to know my 2 Characters on the way to Level 50, and then I’ll Craft their main Ascending Gear for Levels 50+.

just as with my Wizard, I’ll be testing different weapons and ideas to see what I am comfortable with for Ascending. already switched from Shield to Hatchet for the Warrior, and from Sword to Hammer. working with 1 Hero Point for each is hard! I miss my Wizard so much! I forgot how slow it is getting Hero Points at the beginning. :sob:

well, I will update this as I go along, and hopefully my 2 Characters wont crash and burn as I lead them through the Dungeons of DQ as we all Ascend together to finish the Quest of Six Perks.

Update: well, using random loot to climb floors in M3 is a bad idea, as I now remember, so went to Epic difficulty. quality of loot went down a bit, but climbing floors and killing monsters is easier. Warrior has a Legend Hammer now and Rogue has Chakram. I can’t wait to get to level 50 so I can start crafting better gear. completed a Feat, so I have some Hero Points to work with now.

I am so used to using Wizard, that I feel like I am playing the Rogue with my hands tied behind my back. I use Teleport a lot to get out of trouble, and now I need to get used to Rogue Skills again to get out of trouble. standing there doing nothing as monsters attack is so troubling!

Update: the Hammer is Gelled for Warrior, and I got a Sudershana for the Rogue. still on Epic, but finally made all affixes for both characters Epic. mostly to improve fighting ability and save resources until I get my first Perks. both have Pets now, but still need to work on Warrior Pets affixes. increasing level of items every 5 levels. I really like Periphery with Mirrorcast on this build for Rogue, while using Arcane element with elemental crit for Orbits.

later I’ll tweak the Rogues affixes, and I really need to go through the Warriors affixes, as there are many I need to change. I was able to take down a Legend monster with what I have, but defense is low, so I die a few times. can’t help it since I am leveling and Ascending 2 Characters at the same time as a team.

only really big downside doing things this way is it is kind of slow, but that just reinforces my desire to make something that can move fast later. thinking of switching Warrior from Arcane to Ice, so he will have Frostbiting on the Hammer, which will help in taking down Epic+ monsters. and maybe Will of the Force for the Rogue.

Update - Sort Of: lately I have been thinking of how much harder it is going to be Ascending two Characters at the same time compared to doing just one. I even thought of using my Eternal Wizard to Ascend my Warrior and Rogue separately, but that would take twice as long as the Rogue and Warrior Ascending as a Team. I think I will just get them both to Level 99, and then work on making Gears with Quest Stones on them for the second to sixth Perks.

it was hard enough Ascending my Wizard, but I learned a lot, and I think it will be harder now, since I don’t know much about Warriors, and I need to make 2 different kinds of Ascending Builds, Rogue and Warrior, but I am sure I will learn a lot more again.

Update: this information can be found in other Posts, but I wanted to test whether having different Difficulty Settings between Main and Hireling affected anything.

Ascending Build: this is a build used to get the Experience you need to get Perks. it takes a lot of Experience to get Perks, the more Perks, the more Experience you need. what makes this build different from others is eventually you will have 6 Quest Stones on it to get the +200% Experience cap. as I was testing, I noticed that my Main and Hireling both had a +50% Experience Bonus. they are both at the same level when I looked. I know that when the Main and Hireling are different levels, that bonus gets reduced. when I had a level 99 Main leveling a level 1 Hireling, the Hireling had a .4% Experience Bonus. another thing I tested was do they average out the Experience Boosts from affixes. yes and no. I didn’t test out the Legend Experience affix, but I did use a Quest Stone. I put a +30% on my Hireling and only got +15%. but my Main didn’t get any bonus from the Hireling. I put a Quest Stone on my Main for +40% Experience and got +20% Bonus, but the Hireling only had the +15% from his Quest Stone. so Experience is averaged but not shared. it could be my device was acting up as far as this Experience experiment went. later when I craft Ascending Builds for my two Characters, I’ll update this part of the post.

Farm Build: this is a build used to get loot. some players make a Farm For Everything Build and others make a Specialized Farm Build, like a build focused on farming for Eternal Items. Gold Find affix and Greed Nature only needs to be on the Main Character. Nadroji Set and Bonus, Eternalized, Mythic, and Crystaline Sets are the same, they only need to be on the Main Character. Luck affix and Nature, and Item Drop Rate are averaged between the Main and Hireling. this also includes the bonus from the Difficulty Level. I tested my 2 Characters with M3 on both and 1 M3 and 1 Easy Difficulty, and Luck and Item Drop Rate were both affected when the Difficulty Level was different. because Gold Find is based on the Main Character, if you switch your Main and Hireling around, and the Hireling has a lower Difficulty Level than the Main when switched, then Gold Find will go down. Fortune Skill needs to be on both if used, for Luck and Item Drop, but doesn’t affect Gold Find from the Hirelings perspective. if you want, you could use Fortune Skill on Main only and just use Luck and Item Drop on Hireling to keep things even.
when using a Main and Hireling, there is a +100% Item Drop Rate over cap. so getting +200% Item Drop with Main and Hireling will give you +300% Item Drop.

Perks: for players who get those Perks, Dealer Perk is the only one that works with the Hireling, all the others are based on the Main. if you plan on having your Hireling be a permanent Hireling, then you only need Dealer Perk for it. but if you like switching your Characters around, then you get all the Perks. I think I will have my Warrior be the Hireling while Ascending for the 6 Perks, so Dealer will be first for him. Rogue will be the Main, and I think I will go Fortunate, Accomplished, Dealer, Enshrined, Hunter, Treasured.

@Golem if i fix my AI in arena i will ascend also my rogue and warrior…

thanks for the info!!!

first ascend of my Warrior DONE!!! i selected DEALER …
NEXT TARGET TO ASCEND my rogue…

my Rogue finished ascending… i got dealer perk for more gold…

dealer was my 3rd choice. The gold is very usefull :slight_smile: