Halloween Again: Tricking or Treating the Monsters

it is October again, and that means Halloween Vanities for new Players. I hope.

I was doing a Search earlier, and came across this Build by @Griffin . it looks like it is just a fun Build, but I watched the video again and noticed it was on floor 1060. which makes it a fun Build that scares your enemies to death!

this is a Wizard Ice Build. from what I can see, you could use the Build template for Warrior & Rogue also. you could also change some affixes if you wanted to without changing the feel of the Build too much, for those who have their own playing style for a Halloween Themed Build using the Haunting Set.

take a look at the top of the Thread at how much Gold he had when he made this Build. now that is really Spooky!!! :ghost::ghost::ghost:

2 Likes

I wrote up a Halloween Build with the Haunting Bonus that has a 100% chance to Proc Torrent 40 when I cast Storm 40. 20 attacks a second with 124 attacks over 5 seconds, which is the duration of both Storm & Torrent. with Magnify 40, there will be some good overlap with the Torrents AoE in the middle of the Storm. enemies towards the outer edges of the Storm wouldn’t be getting hit by all 3 Torrents and the Storm.

I wanted to share the Build, but I need to do some more thinking. I need to focus the Build more on the Skills and not have too much of anything else, because I need more room for ED% & Frostbiting. I have +200% of each on an Eternal Head item, and I don’t think that is enough. I also wanted to add some Bleed, because the Bleed animation looks really good on enemies affected by Freeze! a nice look for a Halloween Build!

2 Likes

Always thinking @Golem :heart_eyes: Play first then think after :sunglasses:

1 Like

actually, I wrote this build down after thinking about it for a week, and realized I need to do some more work on the planning side of things. I could tell it wouldn’t do well if I Crafted it right then and there.

hope to see it soon dude …

still letting the build percolate in my brain, and have decided that taking the Torrent Route for the Build is taking up too much space. thinking of using Orb instead, which will open up 2 more spaces in the Build.

on top of that, I think I need to take another look at Items I need. the original items I looked at for the Build were to help me save on Amethyst, but my recent farming has been brining in Crystals that I could use, so I can get items to help boost DMG better and maybe improve defense a little. Dead Characters Aren’t Good At Killing Monsters!

Update: well, I wrote it out again using Orb Proc instead of Torrent Proc. getting more space and streamlining the Build, I can get +60% Block, added an extra +100% Ice & Frostbiting, added one +50% Glasscannon, and Reactor Set to go with the Orb. and I am only using 5 Sets, Reactor, Frozen, Permafrost, Demonic, & Pathfinder.

now I just need to look in the LegendEx to see which items I need for the Build. since I can roll all Sets with Amethyst, and the only item I have to have is the Haunting Bonus Ring, I just need to find the best combination of items for the few Legend affixes I can’t roll with Ruby. ahh, and I need to chose the right item with the extra Block to reach the Cap.

2 Likes