Help build mage meteor

Im near there. Thank u so much!
I hope ill get lucky to get elem crit red affix!

Bro, @golem. Vety much appreciated!!

And ummm, how to get fester 40? Thru +talent? Whats best? Mytstone +Talent or the legend affix?

the easiest way is to have Fester 20 on the Amulet and two Fester +10 on your Items. if you are going to have 2 or more Talents at 30+, then you need to figure out if you have room for those 2 Mythstones & 2 Legend affixes or go with enough Epic Talent affixes, or some combination of the above that works with the space available in your build.

one reason I said go with Fester 40 instead of 20 is that it is worth it for certain builds. when I don’t want/need Prismatic or Fester, then I usually go with Empower 20.

And um, golem. I got this instead of my old ring.
(Still figuring the best set affix. Planning wit h Rage but not final. If u have suggestion i really would love to hear)

This is my 2nd 100% elem dmg. So yeah, i left my ignr dmg and go for Effective+Weaken. Now my quest, is it worth it? I just lost blue CB.

And yeah, i reached 800m but not 1b HAHAHA thank u for ur help.

And heres my ongoing neck

Heres my very fresh chest

most players go with +30% to +40% Crushing Blow, some with less. Crushing Blow isn’t really damage, it just slices and dices an enemies Health. most players use CB & CF in builds to get enemy Health down to 25% to activate Demonic and/or Electrification Sets and Legend Execute affix.

if you want to get into the Billion Damage Club with Fire, lot’s of Blistering & +50% Bleed Damage will get you there with Billions of Bleed Damage. if you want to get there with out Bleed, then forget Blistering and Bleed damage and go with more % Fire and other ways of increasing damage. remember, if your Meteor is doing 400 million damage and you have Meteor 40, the three Meteors will do a total of 1.2 Billion damage, and the Meteor Craters will do another 2.4 Billion damage to any enemy in them (this is why Magnify is important, bigger AoE) and why Aftermath is good with Meteor by giving it a Taunt ability.

here’s a post from back when I got my first billion damage without CB & CF. I think I was using Ice at the time with +200% Frostbiting.

1 Like

@golem this would be my last HAHAHA. So heres my recent changes

So for my amulet, im thinking of changing +all talents and crt dmg, replace it with elem crit, immolation, immolation dmg, blistering, or , maybe add another meteor proc, idk xDJust for that, last thing that i need help with my build. And anything you wanted to add or tweak to my build.

Thank u btw @golem, you helped me alot. Im one shotting cartog and enslaves. Tho im not seeing the dmg i dealt.

2 Likes

Looks great to me! Do you have any crystals left? :rofl: Hopefully you have a good farming build along with it.

1 Like

brooo yeah i know xD and i really feel the need to have an ccount solely for farming. +gold too, very, xpensive

2 Likes

with Crystal +225% Critical Damage, Rage Set, and +75% Critical Hit with Epiphany (5), you’ll only be a few percentage points away from the new Epiphany Cap for Crit Damage. just one Strength Nature is enough to max it out (if you really want to, I’m just happy with being way over the +350% cap), and you wouldn’t need any of those other Epic Crit Damage. you could put in some more +20% Fire or some +10% Dodge for survival.

when you have some Amethyst Crystals, I would take out the Masochism and put in Demonic Set. with Crushing Flames getting enemy HP down to 25% quickly, that will activate Demonic (5) doing +100% damage to enemies with 25% or less Health (doesn’t affect CB or CF)

oh wow! I just noticed :eyes: all that Weaken! with Effective Mythic, that is going to be lots of damage! :smiling_imp: with Epiphany(5) the Weaken Cap is +250%… just saying… so many choices for your build…

2 Likes

Hehe got another weaken btw just now.

And im thinking of putting demonic yes. I lost some crit chance but thats fine i only need a crit chance and the crt dmg will do the play. Im just curious, is the affix ‘immolation dmg’ rollable?

Bored to crying. Lost 200+ red dust just for to get 96% fire dmg. Total of 296% yeah just sad

1 Like

If you’re not already doing so, put as much Luck on your gear as possible and open a Legend map before rolling for higher stats.

That works? Dang huhu. HAHAHA. I will not lose againts DQ xD ill try again. Collecting red dust somewhat easy. Just the stones. I have 3obsidians in the bag. Will try again. Thank u.

1 Like

It definitely does work! Also, make sure you don’t forget to max the quality to 25% BEFORE rolling. It’s so easy to make mistakes and waste precious crystals. :pensive:

1 Like

Legend Immolation Damage can’t be rolled with Ruby.

and that’s why a farm build is a good idea. you end up with lots of Gold to get Dust and lots of Crystals & Mythstones.

Crystal +45% Crit Chance, one Epic +15% Crit Chance, and 2 Death Natures gives +75% Crit Chance.

I did +200% Weaken for awhile back in my Noob days just to see how it does. my build wasn’t the best, but it was doing tons of damage. after that I decided that +120% Weaken or Ignore Resist were all I needed for any build, and only recently decided that adding Effective Mythic with Weaken might be good for a build. +200% Weaken is something you craft a build around, like a build with Crushing Flames (8) that has the CF Bonus for tons of Immolation damage.

2 Likes

Why, why why now huhuhu HAHAH huhu. But thanks. Lost another 200 red dust HAHAHAHAH

2 Likes

Damn no luck. Just 90% elem dmg. Dang. Um if i go immolation dmg, is that worth it? Will that help me to sustain billion dmg? I mean, im just getting billion once in a while. Happy, not satisfied xD HAHAHA. To do so i need 3 CF to have immolation dmg. So yeah, still thinking. I also decided to get rid of mirrorcast and specialcast, no dmg there just multiplying my skills. 75%clearcast will help my resource fury to spam meteors continuously. Btw, currently im one hitting cartogs and enslaves, mobs, on F590. Will work on my offhand next, will i go fire dmg too?

for Wizards, Amplify is an amazing Talent for extra damage. it does +2% damage per Rank for each Element DoT on an enemy. if you’re using just one Element with Amplify 20 that’s +40% damage as long as the Elements DoT is on the enemy (Shocks damage DoT, Ice’s Slow/Dmg Reduction, Poisons DoT, Fire’s DoT, and Ascendant Sets DoT) with 2 elements on an enemy, you get +80% damage. with a Prismatic or Ascendant Build you could get up to +200% damage, +400% with Amplify 40. Fire DoT is 2 seconds and Poison is 8 seconds and I think the other 3 last 5 seconds, so depending on the Skill used, you could end up with a damage fluctuation between +120% to +200% or a constant +200% damage with Amplify 20.

1 Like

Looool u can use diamond that way!! Got my 3rd 100% fir dmg xD thank u so much. Damn! HAHAHAH

2 Likes

:rofl: x 10.

All these years and I never knew the trick with maxing crystal affix stats with Obsidian by having an open slot. Sure enough, it maxed it out first try. :exploding_head:

Thank you!

that was an update after Patch 3.0.1 or something, I think. makes it easier to have max Crystal affixes and at least one max Legend affix, unless you spend tons of Diamonds until you have all max Legend. if you have a lot of Ruby’s, you could try to roll some Legend affixes and hope they are max when you get it. this is how you could do something like +100% Fire (can’t roll with Ruby) and +100% Blistering (can roll with Ruby) sometimes.

2 Likes