Help with drops and affixes

Hey!

I’ve been playing the game for a week now, and I’m having a lot of fun with it. Actually the game I’ve been looking for a while now. Glad I found it.

While searching the forum, I found so many useful information, although most of them seen related to 1.7 and previous versions, so I’m not sure what I’m supposed to believe in.

So I decided to ask for help for those following questions:

1. I play rogue and chakram suited my playstyle. For a major dps increase, as far as I’ve read, I really need momentum and rage set affixes. The thing is: so far I haven’t found one single warrior item with those affixes. Currently on floor 180, I’ve even found an eternal chakram, but no luck with those set affixes. Am I supposed to play warrior, drop those items and jasper to rogue? Or should I simple get any item, jasper to warrior and use that crystal that changes the affix, and then jasper back? is there a chance to drop a warrior item with rage/momentum while farming with my rogue?

2. Those perfect sets everyone talks about, are they still achievable since 1.8 came out? Because so far i haven’t dropped any really rare crystal - best one was jasper.

3. how does the crystal affix work?

4. is there anyway to change eternal items affixes?

Haven’t got to a conclusion about this question, at least not one suitable for patch 1.8.

Sorry for the grammar - English is not my native language.

Thanks in advance!

I just highlighted the jackpot solution! Should you decide to keep looking for cross-class items instead, you can get items for any class. However, drop rate is biased on whatever class you’re using. Also keep in mind the minimum floor requirement for those legends. Just keep at it, those will definitely show up sooner or later!

Yes — but everyone has to farm extremely and efficiently. Some system to convert rare junk into valuable resources is coming to 1.9, so keep an eye out!

They’re basically souped-up versions of some affixes, limited to 1 per item because of their sheer awesomeness.

Here is the possible list of Crystal affixes.

No. The best eternals you can tinker with are those with sockets — and you can’t even remove whatever mythstone you insert there!

I hope I satisfied your curiosity. Cheers!

Thank you very very much!

Guess I’ll start to farm on floor 101 like everybody else and look for those rare crystals!

About the eternal items, too bad, though. I really like my weapon, but I’m sure there’s a lot of room for improvement in crafted new weapon!

Time to farm farm farm!

Hmmm… If you decide to take that path for finding good crystals, insert some Fortune mythstones in your gear to increase item drops. It is very important. In case you do not get valuable crystals from your loot runs (like me :laughing: ), you may gain important items instead, which will make it worthwhile.

In my experience though, hoarding gold and buying those 5.4 mil crystals from the gamble vendor proves to be more reliable.

Just another quick question:

I read the 1.8 patch notes and noticed that drop % does increase as you climb floors, so I decided to keep on climbing. I think theres’s only a few rogue legendaries left for me to drop (according to legendex), and so far i haven’t found one really decent item.

I think you’ve been playing rogue mainly, right?

So, here’s the question: those legendary drops - nadroji aside - are all useless, right?

I just want to make sure so that i won’t spend (more) crystals when I should be saving them… because from what i’ve noticed, there are only two options in terms of dps increase: crafting an item from scratch/finding those beautiful eternal items (and using decent mythstones in their sockets, so that you won’t mess up an eternal just like i did u_U).

If that’s correct, I’ll simply keep on climbing and farming instead of worrying. Will probably do that until 1.9.

Thanks again!

No no, not at all. They all have their usefulness as of the legends remake, but NOT as-is. Most of those you need to customize yourself, keeping the important affixes you would like to remain. It’s the least expensive method compared to the randomness of crafting from scratch.

This guy is not a rogue, but see this guy for example. Customizing a Fate’s Travesty to awesomeness. Not too expensive, but effective.

First valuable legends to pop up in mind are those with [color=#FF0000]Element Damage%[/color] are [color=#FF0000]Weapon Damage%[/color], as you can’t get those with rubies. Same measure of value also goes to those set affixes which are unobtainable with amethysts.

[quote=“larrybennet”]Just another quick question:

I read the 1.8 patch notes and noticed that drop % does increase as you climb floors, so I decided to keep on climbing. I think theres’s only a few rogue legendaries left for me to drop (according to legendex), and so far i haven’t found one really decent item.

I think you’ve been playing rogue mainly, right?

So, here’s the question: those legendary drops - nadroji aside - are all useless, right?

I just want to make sure so that i won’t spend (more) crystals when I should be saving them… because from what i’ve noticed, there are only two options in terms of dps increase: crafting an item from scratch/finding those beautiful eternal items (and using decent mythstones in their sockets, so that you won’t mess up an eternal just like i did u_U).

If that’s correct, I’ll simply keep on climbing and farming instead of worrying. Will probably do that until 1.9.

Thanks again![/quote]
I’m just farming now until I have a nice stockpile of gold and crystals, the game is extremely grindy, which is great!

Can see me playing this game a fair while.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Perfect sets are achievable by the 1.7 and before players - who if they had a couple functioning brain cells have farmed dozens to hundreds of all crystals before the upgrade. I came to this game in early February 2015 and figured out (before I found these forums) how to get high level crystals. So in the about 3 weeks before Google forced the 1.8 update on me I went from level 1 to 99 and was able to accumulate 20-30 of all high level crystals. My point is that more dedicated players who had many months to do so have very likely accumulated a virtually unlimited supply that will tip heavily the balance of PvP for years.

1 Like

I play between 8 and 16 hours a day, are you saying its impossible to catch up ?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

[quote=“baughan999”]I play between 8 and 16 hours a day, are you saying its impossible to catch up ?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk[/quote]

You just need to be more efficient at farming. I am a 1.8 player and trust me when I say I have a LOT of Crystal gears and CS/MS. That is not even including the neat stuff coming out in 1.9.

1.7 players were indeed very spoiled by the imba CS/MS feat but that does not mean it is impossible to catch up to them. =/

[quote=“ocenyx”]No no, not at all. They all have their usefulness as of the legends remake, but NOT as-is. Most of those you need to customize yourself, keeping the important affixes you would like to remain. It’s the least expensive method compared to the randomness of crafting from scratch.

This guy is not a rogue, but see this guy for example. Customizing a Fate’s Travesty to awesomeness. Not too expensive, but effective.

First valuable legends to pop up in mind are those with [color=#FF0000]Element Damage%[/color] are [color=#FF0000]Weapon Damage%[/color], as you can’t get those with rubies. Same measure of value also goes to those set affixes which are unobtainable with amethysts.[/quote]

[quote=“Clogon”]You just need to be more efficient at farming. I am a 1.8 player and trust me when I say I have a LOT of Crystal gears and CS/MS. That is not even including the neat stuff coming out in 1.9.

1.7 players were indeed very spoiled by the imba CS/MS feat but that does not mean it is impossible to catch up to them. =/[/quote]

Efficient or not, people can still have unlucky streaks :cry: personally, two or months since I returned, I can testify I only had 4 Obsidians.

Though from the __________ my top crystal collection drastically improved :wink: It actually led me to believe that it uses a different loot table. If not, it’s gonna be the best placebo of my life!

[quote=“baughan999”]I play between 8 and 16 hours a day, are you saying its impossible to catch up ?
[/quote]
My hat is off. I spend 1 to 2 hours daily (closer to 1 than to 2). I am sure you will catch up.

In my view, the most fair to handle legacy imbalances is to up the game, adding new items and features that make obsolete the unbalancing gear and supplies. Let’s see what 1.9 brings us. I am quite hopeful that the rebalance will diminish the advantage of having the perfectly fitting crystal affix added to every set piece.

The most frustrating thing IMO is the fact that, in spite of the game’s simplicity, the math behind dps is quite complicated, and it’s not like we can easily get enough items or crystals to test everything… furthermore, there’s no satisfactory in game explanation, and the guides are outdated.

Actually, all of the old known rogue builds are now out of date. Ex.: rage no longer adds crit %, so I don’t know if it’s worth it to cap crit anymore… Momentum doesn’t seem to be the huge dps source it was supposed to be…

Ocenyx, could you post pictures of your rogue’s gear?

I’ve been farming eternals, since i think they’ll give me a decent dps improve while I’ll still be able to get some crystals and understand the game a bit more. Managed to get one eternal item every couple of hours, which is satisfactory imo. (Although so far I only got one chackram, one flintlock, one dagger and one shield lol)

But it looks like weapon damage and elemental damage are two of the most important affixes, right? Besides, the “all stats” affixes are also necessary.

I’ve been thinking about building something with mirror image, since I really like the skill. And I’m curious to try out a bleed damage build, since in theory it could be really strong dps-wise…

Oh, Rage still works perfectly I tell ya. It’s a no-brainer to add it on your gear, and its activation conditions are too simple. Given that you have 2x +2 all sets, a mere 20 heroic points in strength can already cap crit damage.

That’s a decent rate of nabbing eternals. Keep at it, even if you get junk most of the time it’ll be useful next patch :wink:

Can’t do pics at the moment but you may see my current loadout right now posted in guides. No pics but all my gear is showcased in the gameplay vid. It’s a little different than my current loadout but it is 95% similar

[1.8 Build] Putrefactive Pellet build for Rogues here

Thanks for the help once more, Ocenyx!

In the end, I just decided to give up. I did grind and climb all my way close to floor 400, and I’m yet to see one rare crystal. Such grinding. Much diamonds. So eternal items. I’m yet to see one single rare crystal.

The game has potential, but it’s not fun to farm without any kind of progress.

I feel the same, don’t give up dude! That’s just how rare those things are.

Don’t be discouraged. To be honest it took me a few months of farming to finish that build. Dedicated farming (or at least goldfind capped) gear is the key. Strictly spend your gold only in 5.4m crystals, and your crystal inventory will grow soon enough :smile: