How did you find Dungeon Quest? Opinions wanted!

Hey, no problem. I can’t wait to see what’s planned for future releases.

Have you thought about using your engine for a story-driven RPG or does DQ take up all of your time?

Oh and BTW, IMHO, background music in games is overrated. Seriously, if I wanted music when I played, I’d put my entertainment center on (I think it was you who mentioned music in your original post).

A friend recomended to me :smiley: long time ago while in beta xD only weapons(sword/wand if i remember good) and offhands (orb/skull) and only mage was there

This thread is good and sadly been sink down by latest topics. Just putting a reply here hoping bringing it back to life. Or may its nice if we can pin this up.!!

please pin this post :I

Yeah. I suggest you keep the game free. If players like the game they will spend money. If they are forced to spend money for progression that will give a bad feeling. I dont know how much money you make off of this game from IAP (numbers maybe todd?) but I guess its not too little. I suggest you add features that add to the game mechanics but not change them fundamentally. The game is unique in its infinite variety and its unique mechanics.

I was also attracted a lot by the art style (even at 1.3) so a big thanks to your artist!

I found the game by searching for action RPGs on the Google app store. DQ really is the best game of it’s kind available. I’ve spent real money on the game and plan to do so again in the future. Keep up the good work!

Actually, I found this game with the help of Josh Allen aka devolore.

Besides making lots of WoW analysis on his youtube channel, he was making reviews of the mobile games. So, a couple of years ago, he posted a review for DQ when it was still in beta and i liked it and tried it.

It’s kinda pity that he was hired by Blizzard, and no longer makes those videos :frowning:

[quote=“shutnic”]Yeah. I suggest you keep the game free. If players like the game they will spend money. If they are forced to spend money for progression that will give a bad feeling. I dont know how much money you make off of this game from IAP (numbers maybe todd?) but I guess its not too little. I suggest you add features that add to the game mechanics but not change them fundamentally. The game is unique in its infinite variety and its unique mechanics.

I was also attracted a lot by the art style (even at 1.3) so a big thanks to your artist![/quote]

The reason I love DQ is cause developers never put players into a pay-to-win situation. dota has prooven that a free-to-play game can actually earn tons of money. I would suggest to implement a system similar to current Jetpack Joyride, when they have some new cosmetic gear every now and then for purchase.

When I was looking for an RPG which has a Gunslinger/Gunner job on Google, and if IRC, there’s this forum that recommended this game.

TBH i actually got bored at first since there is no storyline, but when I found the forums and saw various sets, discussions and everything, I continued playing. Maybe because I think someday I can also share what I’ve got as well or something around those lines. :smiley:

Anyway, thanks for this awesome game!

Kthxbye xD

By chance, looking for offline games in the Google Play Store (rpgs to be specific)

I was browsing the play store hoping to find a somewhat decent arpg. I really wasn’t expecting much. I was very pleasantly surprised when I found dq.

I found mine in Playboard when I was searching for the best offline rpg on android in google and this game recommended and have many reviews… So I tried this and I love it! :smiley:

I was looking for a good game on the play store in the new releases and I fell upon this game, it looked cool so I tried it out and loved it and I have been playing it since. It’s still my favorite mobile game.

I had picked up a new iPad, and googled for Diabloesque, loot-based ARPGs. One of the hits was for a Reddit thread where several people had suggested DQ. Downloaded it, and have been playing daily since. :smile:

I found it by accident. I was looking for ANYTHING that I could play on Fire TV (my new toy). I bought a controller, and you’d be amazed how few games a) run on Fire TV and B) how many can use a handheld controller. The resulting subset is TINY.

@mivo welcome! @snowman I LOVE the fire tv. I am pretty much addicted to tech and am very impressed with the fire tv and how much it can do. The fire tv is our first “console” release for DQ and we have had an excellent experience with it. The fire support staff at Amazon are also amazing.

Have you considered a PC port, with a Steam release? (I bet you have! :smile:) The improved, high FX seem excellent, and the interface should work just fine with mouse/keyboard, too. I think it would be a hit, especially if you either sell it inexpensively with a few save slots enabled, or made it F2P like on iOS/Android. The only downside is: the demands for multiplayer.

1 Like

I found this game on Google Store main game page under “Recently Updated Games” which very lucky :astonished:

If you able make this game able to play coop(hire) with(as) friends that will be a great move to advertise this game, like asking friend to join you play this game when they/you in difficulty :smiley:

Or add achievement system in google play? Other ppl/friends would check out what game you played recently after they bored out played their games, and they’ll saw ur game appear around the Google Play achievements(well almost like Steam Achievement)

EDIT 1: Didn’t realize this game already have achievement features but … is it broken? Or is it only work on online? And why there’s no button to check those achievement in game? :open_mouth:

:smile:

Yeah, that’s definitely a thing. Since adding the Hireling system, it’d be very easy for us to expand that to Local Co-op for PC/Consoles. We’ll bring back people playing games together in the same room! Our other selling point would be the ability to take the game anywhere, on almost any device.

:smile:

Yeah, that’s definitely a thing. Since adding the Hireling system, it’d be very easy for us to expand that to Local Co-op for PC/Consoles. We’ll bring back people playing games together in the same room! Our other selling point would be the ability to take the game anywhere, on almost any device.[/quote]

Thank you for able to let low-spec phone to play btw :smiley: can target many android gamers then :laughing: