I die from 1 hit

Here’s my current build:

I don’t know what I was doing. I just equiped items that looked decent and changed affixes for luck, gold and damage.

I’m currently on floor 370 and surviving has become a problem even on Epic difficulty. I thought that Manashield would keep me alive but it doesn’t.

I’ve read that Crushing Flames set items are good and I got one and also some rare items that I didn’t salvage:

What builds are meta and what can I go for? I’m ready to change my build completely. I have 1900 dust.

Also here are my crystal and mythstone stashes:

ManaShield:

if they are 1 shotting you, they are doing more than 25k damage (MP & HP combined). more MP will make your ManaShield last longer.

more points into Intelligence. it will give you more MP, MP Regen, and All Resist.

Barrier Talent - this reduces MP lost when ManaShield takes damage. Barrier 20 is -30% MP. 1000 damage = 700 MP lost.

Infusion Talent - this gives your ManaShield Damage Reduction based on a % of your All Resist. this is calculated before Barrier Talent.

Electrified Set - increases damage of ManaShields Reflect Damage and changes it to a 25 yard radius AoE centered on the Wizard.

Damage Reduction:

All Resist and Armor with lots of HP and HP Regen/ HP on Hit.

MP Regen/MP on Hit to refill your ManaShield with MP.

Avoid Damage:

Dodge and Block, if they can’t hit you they can’t kill you.

Sanctuary Mythic - 30 second cool down. survive a killing hit.

Crowd Control - Stun, Slow, Freeze, Fear, Root, and others. these kinds of control keep enemies from attacking you before you can kill them.

Moving Around - if they attack, and you aren’t there, they can’t kill you.

As you progress through higher floors, enemy damage scales drastically to the point that monster can just 1 shot you no matter what, resists & damage reductions are pretty much irrelevant, instead, try investing on Dodge or Block, the higher the % the better. Also, skills with mobility will help you reposition yourself better to avoid enemy attacks.

I have several wizard builds that I can share to help you climb higher floors (I’m at Floor 3000+ M3), what kind of build are you looking for?

1 Like

looking at the build, quad is using a Farm Build to climb floors.

in addition to all the things already mentioned, the builds damage potential is really low.

I would suggest using the build as is on a lower floor and working on a second build that has a focus on damage and defense for climbing floors.

another thing is getting Items with Crystal affixes or getting Obsidian crystals through farming, converting Items, or upgrading Crystals.

Epic +15% Attack Speed
Crystal +45% Attack Speed

floor level is part of the formula for damage reduction from Armor & All Resist, which causes Armor & All Resist to become weaker on higher floors.

use Diamond to get better affix values on all Legend Items with Legend (Red) affixes, then use Fluorite for each Epic (Orange) affix. don’t worry about affixes on the Pet, they will improve over time automatically.

read Codex > Dictionary > Affixes so that you know what affixes are available and what they do so that you can have an idea for future changes. with a Pet, there are only 42 spaces total for affixes, so it can get frustrating. I’ve been playing for years, and I still get frustrated with only 42 affixes per build.

1 Like