I Don't Understand Your Game Mechanics - Help Me

It does compute, because you don’t know how the wins and losses are distributed. His 46 losses could have been his first 46 matches, and his 281 wins could all have been consecutive. I doubt it was that extreme, but it could be close. You start out playing against players at or below your theoretical level, and end up playing players above your theoretical level. You have to beat players that are above your theoretical level or you WILL NOT ADVANCE. For example:

Win 1 - 1 point
Win 2 - 1 point
Win 3 - 2 point
Win 4 - 2 point
Win 5 - 4 point
Win 6 - 4 point
Win 7 - 8 point
Win 8 - 8 point
Win 9 - 16 point
Loss - lose 10 point

If there is a progression like this, winning even slightly more games can have a BIG impact. And it isn’t about total wins, it is about percentage, especially because you play against players near your rank. If I am rank 500,000, and I have won 10,000 games, but lost 1,850, that doesn’t mean I should be eternal rank. My win percentage is still just as low, and most importantly, I’m losing to much worse players when I lose. As far as why you have to win a lot more than you lose, winning is more fun than losing, so they want your first few wins to be easy - everyone will have a strong starting streak, and new players are more likely to get hooked. You have to go way past that to advance.

As far as how you win a game and still lose a rank, it just means everyone around you wins too. If you are 2nd and I am 3rd, you win 1 match but I win 5, you maybe will lose 2nd to me.

You are saying that we need to beat players above us to advance… so basically, by your design, you are saying that this person who sits at number 3 in the entire game with only 281 wins somehow beat everyone and then some and advanced to the top. I mean… those numbers aren’t even possible. Just breezed through all levels without a scratch and went on massive winning streaks. It isn’t even possible.

Please don’t theory craft this for a second and just use my actual in game data posted above.

With 706 wins, I sit at number 4 in Mythic. With only 281 wins, Number 3 in Eternal is achieved. Now he has 46 loses. I have 131 loses. Do the math… don’t make it up just do the math. His average is 6 wins before losing and mine is 5.8 wins. He could have went on a 100 win streak. using your theory he STILL didn’t beat the best people above him and shouldn’t have advanced. It isn’t even mathematically possible. Not going through White, Blue, Yellow, Red, Purple, AND GREEN all the way to the top at Number 3. it isn’t even possible, but apparently can happen - as it did.

Once you take the theory and guessing away on all the scenerios from Santa granting his Christmas wish to be number 3 or he somehow went on a 281 fight win streak after losing 46 in a row, the actual in game numbers from actual game time doesn’t add up. Something is broke.

Just saying… the numbers don’t lie.

Do u want to understand mechanism or u actually want ask why u are not in eternal league.?

for my theory it suppose to be EXAMPLE for your case NOT actual using your statistics of win lose.

It seems like maybe you are missing the point that global rank points don’t matter. You could have 100,000 global rank points and be in last place.

You say that with a 100 win streak he still couldn’t be 3rd. Why not? Remember, it is quality of matches, not quantity, that matters.

HarleyM,

Ok I see a point in that. It just doesn’t explain what I see in game. I’ve fought several Eternal Players and won and lost. The advancement of the wins doesn’t match the advancement of the losses.

Example.

If I win against an Eternal Player, shouldn’t the advancement be higher than a Red or Yellow?
IF I lose to an Eternal Player, in theory, wouldn’t the loss be small due to that player being higher caliber?

At this point without actual data we will have to theory craft this.

Be civil. Back to the topic please. Otherwise I will start to send out some warnings.

About your question. Most of them are already answered by others…:

There are 2 kind of ranking here:
LP: That’s the number you see at the reward screen or at the beginning of the battle. That’s also the one you see at the Mythic leaderboard.
MMR: It’s invisible.You can only see your current ranking at the reward screen (it’s not the ranking you see in your League/at the leaderboard). The server uses mmr to match player at your rank. Top 100 MMR will get into the Eternal league.

They are in a different division.

2 Likes

Regarding a loss to eternal vs. lower rank, it probably depends on their mmr. Two things I don’t know though: 1, is it possible to drop a rank? And 2, do you have different attacking and defending mmrs, or just one?

1 Like
  1. The only League you can be dropped out it’s the Eternal league. If your mmr dropped too low, you will simply get back to Mythic League.

2. You have 2 different MMR The active one and the defense/AI one. The defense/AI one doesn’t affect the active MMR.
    That was wrong. They are sharing the same MMR.

Then yes, an eternal player might have a lower defending mmr than a mythic player, so a loss to eternal hurts more (and a win helps less)

Harley M you beat me to my next questions… nice work. Glad to hear that the AFK AI Bot winning theory mentioned above doesn’t hurt you.

You mention MMR IWhat does this stand for anyways?) as the progress needed to advance, correct? Are we tying Global Ranking to MMR or is that a different figure? Also, thanks for bringing up the part where you drop out of Eternal. Explains why I have been seeing a bunch of players in COMMON league but when I look up their Stats they are Eternal. I have had a bunch of fights against Eternal Players in the Common League on my first or second fight. Not sure if that is a bug or working as intended. Worth mentioning.

OK I wasn’t aware of the Division thing. Good info. Based on that, does my Global Rank points go off THAT division or just everyone in the Mythic category? IF it goes off all of the Mythic and not just my division then that explains why I go down in rank when I log back on. Others have moved up who aren’t in my division. Also explains how I saw someone the same rank as me in the same Mythic. Any chance to see what the other divisions are doing or is that not going to be implemented?

And as far as the LP, I am assuming that is the part that says I am 3rd in Mythic. Is that just for fluff or does that figure actually have any meaning towards advancement or points factor?

I understand the winning streak, I just can’t imagine a single player that could blow through the entire Ranks of White, Blue, Yellow, Red, Purple, THEN Green and advance to Number 3 with under 300 fights total. I mean, those would have to be some serious win streaks going.

Thanks for dropping by.

I just reached mystic an I think it said division 24. But there is only me an 2 others in the mystic league. Hope to be in eternal sometime soon.

Ah ok. I am in Mythic 20 and there is 97 people in there at the moment.

Oh ok. Well. If anyone plays against me let me know how bad my build is. Its something that was thrown together. No real personal building went in to it. Just testing on what I might wanna do. Wiz name is agent x An my low lol warr is AntiKhrist x. Would love some feed back on my AI if possible.

Whats your character’s name? is it your forums name? My character is really weak defensively so if you face him don’t laugh lol… I just switched some gear around trying a really diferent idea. Hoping it works out better against ranged. That is my biggest weakness.

EDIT: Just saw you mentioned it lol… my bad.

Its good. What is it char name? An I’ll let you know about ur AI.

I made a fault with the AI MMR. They are sharing the same MMR.

MMR: Match Making Rating
Your MMR affects globally. There are 2 purpose of MMR:

1. Matching player with the same MMR Rank.
  2. For getting into Eternal league by reaching top 100 MMR once if you reached the Mythic League.

You can have the same MMR as a player of Common League.

No, the LP doesn’t affect anything from Mythic League up.

By getting the right gear/build everything is possible :smile:

If they share the same MMR, in theory I could build a godlike defensive build, play one PvP game to get into circulation, and ai-defend my way into Eternal without ever playing another game?

1 Like

You could. But no AI could outsmart a human player. Not with the current AI setup.

There is. Clogon’s AI beats a lot of eternal players. only a few can beat his AI

1 Like

Yea well he is a vet. An know how the game works inside an out. An on top of that has some Badass builds.

1 Like