[FAQ] Things related to the Battle Arena

Hey guys, I create this thread to provide some FAQ for you. If you have any question, feel free to put them all here. I’ll also update this post with more common questions :smile:

Q: What is BA/lvl/LP/pvp?
A: BA = Battle Arena, lvl = level, LP=league point, pvp=player vs player.

Q: My character is at lvl20 in the BA, is this intended?
A: Yes, all characters are capped at lvl20. This is meant to avoid one hit kills :laughing:

Q: Since my character’s lvl is capped at lvl20, how about my affixes/item lvl/talents during pvp?
A: All of them are also capped at (scale down to) lvl20, including mythstone affixes.

Q: Somehow, I can’t enter the BA.
A: You have to be online to enter the BA. Return to the Main Menu and press the DQ Account button.

Q: I did turn on wifi/3G/4G but still can’t enter the BA.
A: Make sure your connection is working, if you can upload to the DQ Account system you should be “online” please email support@shinyboxgames.com if you still have issues.

Q: Am I pvp-ing a real player on the other end?
A: No, you’re playing against AI.

Q: What’s LP? How does it works?
A: It’s a value used to increase your league. When you earn 1000 LP, you’ll then move to the next one. There are 7 leagues Common, Magic, Rare, Epic, Legend, Mythic, Eternal.

Q: Can I customize my character AI?
A: Sure, there’s an option on the main menu which allows you to change your character AI.

Q: What will happen if my AI win matches? Will I earn LP?
A: [color=#FF0000]Edited see update #5[/color]

Q: What will happen if my AI lose matches? Will I lose my LP?
A: [color=#FF0000]Edited see update #5[/color]

Q: What’s round/match?
A: Anyone who wins 3 rounds will eventually win the match and earn LP.

Q: What’s going to happen to draw rounds?
A: Each time there’s a draw round, both you and your opponent(s) will have your DMG increased by 25%. This DMG will stack until one of you won.

Q: What’s going to happen if I leave match?
A: The game will understand that you lost and you’ll lose your MMR and LP.

Q: What’s MMR?
A: MMR stands for Matchmaking Rating. When you win an opponent, you’ll earn MMR. And of course, when you lose, you’ll lose MMR. Basically, it’s just a number the server use to match you with other players at your rank.

Q: Why do I have to fight people on higher/lower league?
A: The game find matches base on MMR system, since your MMR is close to the other player, you’re matched with him.

Q: What can I get from the BA chests?
A: It can be anything, gold, normal/magic/rare/epic/legend/eternal items, CS/MS, trophies, Gladiator set.

Q: What’s a trophy? Do trophies have any effect in the Dungeon?
A: Trophies are special items. They have their own affixes. These only work within the BA. Also, they can only be found by opening BA chests.

Q: How can I obtain the Gladiator set? What is it for? Does it have any effect in the Dungeon?
A: Like trophies, Gladiator set only works within the BA and can only be found by opening BA chests. Also, Gladiator set affix can’t be obtained by applying Amethyst.

Q: What’s Streak? How does it work?
A: Each time you win, your Streak will increase. The higher it is, the tougher opponent you will face. If you lose, your Streak will be back to 0.

Q: So what’s the differences between Streak and MMR?
A: Sometimes you’re fighting opponents who have lower or same as your MMR. But if you have really high Streak, you’ll be fighting opponents who have higher/a lot higher MMR than you.

Q: Are there any chance to get real time pvp? I mean, pvp against real people not AI.
A: No, since DQ is an offline game in the first place, it’s meant to work offline and would take months to re-code the whole game. So, I don’t think there will be real time pvp :smile:

[color=#0000FF]Update #1:[/color]
Q: Can I use potions in the BA?
A: No, these buttons will be replaced by 2 other buttons. One of them will cleanse you from bad effects (stun, frozen, blind, etc). The other will apply trophy talent.

Q: What’s trophy talent?
A: Like the other gears, trophies have there own talents. These only work when you activate it, unlike trophy affixes.

Q: Where can I find trophy talent list and its description?

[color=#0000FF]Update #2:[/color]
Q: How do heroic points work in the BA?
A: It doesn’t count at all, only + All skill counts.

Q: When I’m silenced, can I cast proc?
A: No, proc only works when you attack. But on hit proc (trigger when you got hit) like Terrashaper still works.

Q: Where can I find the list of trophy’s affixes and its description?

[color=#0000FF]Update #3:[/color]
Q: What’s going to happen to caps?
A: Caps will be scaled down to 40% and rounded up. Ex: [+All sets] is capped at 4 in PvE, so in the BA, it’ll be capped at 2. Full list of caps below.
Note: Affixes which aren’t mentioned below don’t have cap

[color=#0000FF]Update #4:[/color]
Q: Can I use pet in the BA?
A: No, but pet stats will be added to your character. And scaled down to lvl20, of course.

Q: If I download the game will it replace my current version or will it have another app in my phone?
A: It’ll replace your current version, your data’s still the same.

Q: Do I have to register my character/log in my DQ account in order to obtain my character from the previous patch?
A: If you haven’t create an account yet, you should create one now because you’ll need it to enter the BA.

Q: Also after the testing is over, will our characters be deleted in the beta or will be retained in the normal 2.0 patch?
A: No, your in-game progress won’t be lost. But your Arena progress might be reset.

Q: Do I need the internet to receive the arena rewards and gifts or can I gain the rewards/gifts while playing offline?
A: You’ll have to be online to receive rewards. Basically, it’s pretty much like your email account.

[color=#0000FF]Update #5[/color]
Q: If I use Effective ring in the arena, would Ignore Resist provide me with any increased damage or benefit?
A: Ignore Resist & Effective ring doesn’t work at all in the BA.

Q: I can’t see item detail of Eternal League players, is it a bug?
A: No, some veteran players don’t want to share their secret in PvP so the developer create this feature.

Q: What’s going to happen to my MMR when my AI win/lose?
A: Your LP & MMR won’t be affected by your AI.

Q: I heard that Gladiator set is unlocked by league. Can I get a list on this?

[color=#0000FF]Update #6[/color]
Q: How do stats (power, health, mana) works in the Arena? Are they scaled?
A: They’re scaled by 20%.

Q: Can I check my MMR?
A: MMR is hidden and you can’t see it.

Q: What’s division?
A: All players are grouped in divisions of 100. So basically you’ll climb the leaderboard with a small group of players, not the whole world. Also, you can’t select your division, the system will do it.

Q: Does DMG to Elites affix work in the BA?
A: Players are considered as high rank opponents, so DMG to Elites works on players as well.

6 Likes

Thanks for this it was realy helpfull :wink:

When is this patch likely to be implemented?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

[quote=“baughan999”]When is this patch likely to be implemented?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk[/quote]

Could be in the next 2 weeks or in 1 month nobody know the dungeon quest group isnt that big.

[quote=“BeatzZz”][quote=“baughan999”]When is this patch likely to be implemented?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk[/quote]

Could be in the next 2 weeks or in 1 month nobody know the dungeon quest group isnt that big.[/quote]

Its got nothing to do with the size of the DQ group, its about not making promises, that could be broken, for instance the different time scales needed for Apple, Play and Fire store to approve the patch. Therefore avoids upsetting the player base.

The patch will be ready, when its ready, no time scale.

updated OP with some new Q&A

question about silence condition.
IF enemy are silenced. in that duration of silence will that enemy able to pull proc skill.? not the special skill from equiped gear. but proc the chances to trigger skill.

Good question
Silence = can’t attack => You can’t cast proc. But on hit proc (trigger when you got hit) like Terrashaper still works :smile:

[quote=“zzvilzz”]Good question
Silence = can’t attack => You can’t cast proc. But on hit proc (trigger when you got hit) like Terrashaper still works :smile:[/quote]

Weapon basic attack counted as skill…? okay understood… thanks for the answer.

[quote=“cronos1234”][quote=“zzvilzz”]Good question
Silence = can’t attack => You can’t cast proc. But on hit proc (trigger when you got hit) like Terrashaper still works :smile:[/quote]

Weapon basic attack counted as skill…? okay understood… thanks for the answer.[/quote]

“Primary Skills” (1st spell) and “specials” (2nd spell) are both “skills”

[quote=“cronos1234”]
Weapon basic attack counted as skill…? okay understood… thanks for the answer.[/quote]

Default attack is not a skill. You will not proc off of default attacks.

[quote=“Clogon”][quote=“cronos1234”]

Default attack is not a skill. You will not proc off of default attacks.[/quote]

For me “default attack” is primary skills like comets, and you can proc on comets
Or I misunderstood what he was asking :dieter:

[quote=“Diieter”][quote=“Clogon”][quote=“cronos1234”]

Default attack is not a skill. You will not proc off of default attacks.[/quote]

For me “default attack” is primary skills like comets, and you can proc on comets
Or I misunderstood what he was asking :dieter:[/quote]
Default Attack is used when you run out of mana.

[quote=“Diieter”][quote=“Clogon”][quote=“cronos1234”]

Or I misunderstood what he was asking :dieter:[/quote]
yes i mean that. like comet ricochets. guideshot.

[quote=“Ircher”]
Default Attack is used when you run out of mana.[/quote]

As I thought, it wasn’t what he would know.
But “thanks” :dieter:

What exactly means the cap in affixes/mythstones terms? Certain mythstones will not be available, or their values will decrease? Same for the affixes, can you post an example? Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

[quote=“McEna”]What exactly means the cap in affixes/mythstones terms? Certain mythstones will not be available, or their values will decrease? Same for the affixes, can you post an example? Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Well for example…

75% total MP/HP > 19%
+50% DMG (mythstone) > +15%
+5 allskills (mythstone) > +2
+100% weapon dmg% (eternal) > +24%
+50% DMG (epic) > +14%
+5000 DMG (epic) > +1040

etc… etc…

updated OP

What do u mean with updated.? 1.9 already released.??

What do u mean with updated.? 1.9 already released.??[/quote]

Not yet :smile: