Little suggestion

MS/CS salvaging/combining is such a pain in the A*S… farming for 2-3 hours in a row resulting in 30 minutes of non stop tapping…
it would be so nice to have button “All” or “max q-ty” instead of the duplicated “cancel” (there is a “X” in the upper right corner)…
my fingers hurt now… just because of that endless tapping

Yes it is, I suggested being able to hit the left arrow to go directly to the max of 50.

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.

just salvaged 170 saphires into calcites… more than thousand taps… cant do it anymore

[quote=“Rubik”]Yes it is, I suggested being able to hit the left arrow to go directly to the max of 50.

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.[/quote]

I agree.

I salvage down to calcite then get intimidated by the fact that I have over 3k calcite so I just leave them.

The only reason to salvage down to one type of crystal would be to try to hit the feat bonus, correct?

absolutely… i got around average amount of gems between 65-90 by salvaging thousands into calcites, then Calcite–>Angelite–>Calcite–>A… i’ve made 4 obsidians in 1 day on wednesday i guess… rolled several set affixes… all unlucky ((

Well, no…you can salvage down to get more of a crystal you need, like diamonds, which are pretty low in the crystal hierarchy.

i dont need 100 of diamonds at all… i’d prefer to salvage that hundred 3 times to make calcites (which is 60% of "use crystals xxx/500), after that Calcite–>Angelite–>Calcite will add another 200+ uses from that hundred of diamonds… which gives me randon level 65-90 Crystal. “1 Ruby = 32 Topaz = 16k Diamonds if combined only”

[quote=“IDDQD”]i dont need 100 of diamonds at all… i’d prefer to salvage that hundred 3 times to make calcites (which is 60% of "use crystals xxx/500), after that Calcite–>Angelite–>Calcite will add another 200+ uses from that hundred of diamonds… which gives me randon level 65-90 Crystal. “1 Ruby = 32 Topaz = 16k Diamonds if combined only”[/quote]The question was about any potential uses for salvaged crystals other than simply achieving the feat…sure, salvaging is very useful for accomplishing the feat, but salvaging down to get a ton of diamonds is helpful if you want to get perfect item rolls, too. As for your later point about needing 16k diamonds to make a ruby…that’s why I never upgraded to version 1.8. I prefer to keep my diamonds and salvage other lesser crystals to achieve the feat to get high end crystals. See Rubik’s crystal combining guide for the logic.

I will not discuss 1.7 as i’ve never played it. as a 1.8 player I need a lot of high end crystals. Thats why i am getting them in an easiest way i can find. 1.7 crystal feat is an exploit comparing to 1.8 drop rates. would be very nice to see all the players in the similar conditions by “update or quit” or smth… but…
@Pirendeus, 1 day u will have to update. and no matter hoow many crystals are you going to take from 1.7 to higher versions, u will run out of them… and then u will see that ur strategy was wrong

1. you agree that 1.7 +2crystal feat is too OP, you dont want to loose a chance to keep exploiting it
  2. in the same time you teach people what to do and point them where to go… m8, I dont find Rubik’s Crystal Combining guide very much usefull for myself. It’s his opinion. Mine is different. Still have to say i found a usefull thought in there.
    3)this was a suggestion topic. i was not asking for any help regarding how to use my crystals. my previous post is an answer to the question

This stuff is pretty funny. If you dont update once the next build comes out… you WILL want to for 1.9. The stuff the devs have planned… it’s mind blowing.

Seriously.

These guys are the absolute best in the business… hands down.

PC version? ))

I am not a tester but the info already provided shows how capable the devs are. I agree they are amazing and will lead this game to unimaginable hights.

You know, I’d rather have a different mechanism to get the high end crystals. I don’t understand what the 1.7 crystal feat actually did, but it’s the basis of people sticking with it.

My general problem with getting the rare crystals, at least with 1.8, and mythstones for that matter, is that the routes given to players just plain sucks. There are two RNG levels at play, the “standard” RNG where players get whatever is on the map, and then the high-cost conversion/salvaging + RNG to get the rarer crystals. I don’t know if +item quantity or +luck gear helps with either bit.

What’s needed is an avenue to let the masses of crystals and mythstones players acquire to be transmuted into something far more valuable. Either the crystals are worth their while or they’re cannon fodder, which gets salvaged or converted, depending on whichever side is worth more.

[quote=“Rider of Dark”]You know, I’d rather have a different mechanism to get the high end crystals. I don’t understand what the 1.7 crystal feat actually did, but it’s the basis of people sticking with it.

My general problem with getting the rare crystals, at least with 1.8, and mythstones for that matter, is that the routes given to players just plain sucks. There are two RNG levels at play, the “standard” RNG where players get whatever is on the map, and then the high-cost conversion/salvaging + RNG to get the rarer crystals. I don’t know if +item quantity or +luck gear helps with either bit.

What’s needed is an avenue to let the masses of crystals and mythstones players acquire to be transmuted into something far more valuable. Either the crystals are worth their while or they’re cannon fodder, which gets salvaged or converted, depending on whichever side is worth more.[/quote]

The reason why people are sticking with 1.7 is that it is VERY VERY difficult to get high end CS/MS in 1.8 but VERY VERY easy in the former. As long as you farmed 2000 crystals, you are almost garanteed multiple Obsidians. That is how powerful the previous feat was. Maybe 1.8.1 will make this easier but right now farming for Crystal legends is way easier than getting Obsidians. But I wish you the luck of the gods if you want the high lvl MS in 1.8… I have been playing this game a lot in 1.8 (you can tell from the fact that I have over a dozen Eternals) but I have no where near those lv20 CS/MS.

I know these issues will be addressed in later patchs so I am just grinding floors to get to floor 500. I basically abandonned “farming” CS/MS. The only thing that affects CS/MS drops are Lengend or higher maps, Item Quantity and Imps. Hence why I am using double Ranger with Ranger hireling since it is the only class that naturally gets Item Quantity affix.

Old way was use 1k crystals, get +2 of all crystals.

I miss that we don’t have it probably more than anyone here, and have been vocal about it but I still switched.

a bit off topic - what Floors are these Rare Mythstone/Crystals Dropping?

i always pick up ms/cs but its only the low level one. im a Floor 186 right now but i dont have Obsidian and Amethyst yet, i only has 1 Ruby. I’ve been farming for quite some time now,i event went back on Floor 120 and climb up to 170 but all i got on covertion were 25pcs Emerald. And for my MS i has (Hero - Fortune).
-Are you guys buying the ms/cs boost on Merchant?

Like I said, the ONLY things that affect CS/MS drop are 1) Legend or Eternal Map, 2) Item Quantity boost and 3) Imp Pet. Legend Map increases the rarity of CS/MS drop between 375% to 500% (Eternal Map doubles this). Item Quantity boosts the amount of CS/MS that drops. Finally, Imps have a chance to give you CS/MS when it spits out an item.

You forgot about the most important thing… there is another factor which can possibly act better then all the things that you mentioned together…